Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ROSFest- who's going??!!

I'll be back again with my wife. Spock's Beard and Haken are the draws for me. (And Enchant, but I'll be missing them because my son needs to get to school the next day.)

Great line up. Keeping my perfect attendance streak going.
    Accompanied by my better half! Although she gets in more trouble than I do
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I will be there for the 4th time. I took the year off with Prog Nation at Sea. I booked the hotel room the day Enchant was announced.
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

I'm thinking of going

Quote Originally Posted by littleatlas_steve View Post
    I'm thinking of going
    I heard there is a trained seal standing by to play keys for Strattman if you have a last-minute problem.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

See you all there. Only missed the first one and still kicking myself in the butt for that!

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yeah, I'll be going...."just because the public wants me to!"
    I will be there. Hope to get a chance to meet up John.

Scott
    StillStream Internet Radio / Your Place of Solace on the Net
    http://www.stillstream.com

Will be there for the whole weekend. Interestingly I might be bringing someone with me. Not to many progheads in the wildernesses of Canada but I found out last night that the girl who was my daughter's best friend in high school has a step father who is very much in to prog and has been to festivals and on one of the cruises. All these years and we never new.

Anyways, I believe that intelligence is one of the most attractive things in a person so I will also be going to hug a man who lost an extremely beautiful lady.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

I am hoping to attend..Will be my 8th if it works out..

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Will be there for the whole weekend. Interestingly I might be bringing someone with me. Not to many progheads in the wildernesses of Canada but I found out last night that the girl who was my daughter's best friend in high school has a step father who is very much in to prog and has been to festivals and on one of the cruises. All these years and we never new.

Anyways, I believe that intelligence is one of the most attractive things in a person so I will also be going to hug a man who lost an extremely beautiful lady.
    Be careful, or he just might hug you back, my good friend!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yeah, I'll be going...."just because the public wants me to!"
    I was on the fence about going but now that I know that John Battema will be there...........I am so there

Man, that Battema, with his animal magnetism and sage-like wisdom, sure is a progfest phenom!

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Hey, with tickets on sale and doing well from what I gather I'd love to know who from PE is going to be there. In addition to ourselves (Glass Hammer) I'm really excited to see Heliopolis and meet them and also Lo-Fi Resistance (met Randy McStine with Sound Of Contact, nice guy and amazing player!) And of course the mighty Beard, Enchant, Haken, loads of great stuff. If you don't have tickets and you want to go better grab 'em!!
    Likewise, Fred, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing Glass Hammer as well as all the other bands of course. Can't wait to see the Geezer, too, and give him a big hug.

Having played the Sunday morning slot back in 2011, I am ecstatic we are opening the festival. All of us are excited to kick things off in a big, fun way and hopefully it will be a fitting introduction. Extra-stoked to be debuting some new songs and, perhaps, a surprise or two.

Dude, I am listening to "Do Not See Me Rabbit: I" right now and am floored. Holy shit this is good stuff!

I'm glad you get to play the opening slot, Kerry. You won't have to be hypercritical about playing by comparing yourself to the bands that played before (remember the condition you were in after hearing IZZ's set at Terra Incignita?). And I'm sure you will be a force at the after hours parties also.

Jefferson James
    I'm glad you get to play the opening slot, Kerry. You won't have to be hypercritical about playing by comparing yourself to the bands that played before (remember the condition you were in after hearing IZZ's set at Terra Incignita?). And I'm sure you will be a force at the after hours parties also.
    IZZ were fantastic in Quebec City, I am very much anticipating their latest, "Everlasting Instant".

Sir, the day I'm not hyper-critical of my playing is the day I'm dead and buried (which, with any luck, will be after the after-parties). Understand there is a difference between being inspired by brilliance or letting it discourage you; I know people who would be intimidated by, say, having to follow a great band like IZZ, whereas it just fires me up, sparks me like a fatty and encourages me to try harder, play better.

But, yeah, being the first band is a great opportunity to start things off with a bang and that is exactly what we intend to do. See you there!

Banned
    Damn, I just realized that Kerry's band is opening ROSfest. Kick Ass!

Comprised of former members of acclaimed progressive rock acts Mars Hollow, Rocket Scientists, Ten Jinn, and Genesis tribute Gabble Ratchet, Heliopolis features veteran musicians Jerry Beller (drums and vocals), Matt Brown (keyboards and vocals), Kerry Chicoine (bass and vocals), Mike Matier (guitars), and Scott Jones (voice). Together they form a forward-thinking musical collective on a mission to deliver the very best in contemporary progressive rock music paired with an ultimately optimistic message.

So when Kerry hugs me I can feel that "the force is with me"??

Wow, all these hugs......better bring my back brace.

Seriously, looking forward to seeing everyone, especially this year. It's really nice that all of Sonus and parts of both Strattman and Heliopolis are people I call friends. There are a couple of other bands that I'm looking fwd to, but those three are my "friend trifecta".

Knowing how much Kay loved so many prog people (at first, she was reticent to immerse herself but that changed quickly) and they loved her back, I'll be biting my lip very hard when Luis talks about his friend Kay.

Just got my ticket! Whoo! Row P seat 117(five seats in from the left side center orchestra). It seems that I go every other year and I'm glad that I won't be breaking that pattern by attending this year.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Glad that you can make it, Mike. I am sitting in row H. Let's hang out and talk at the after hours party. Fanfare sound pretty cool. Maybe, I will see you next week at The Church show in Philly?

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Likewise, Fred, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing Glass Hammer as well as all the other bands of course. Can't wait to see the Geezer, too, and give him a big hug.

Having played the Sunday morning slot back in 2011, I am ecstatic we are opening the festival. All of us are excited to kick things off in a big, fun way and hopefully it will be a fitting introduction. Extra-stoked to be debuting some new songs and, perhaps, a surprise or two.

Dude, I am listening to "Do Not See Me Rabbit: I" right now and am floored. Holy shit this is good stuff!
    Cool man, thanks! We will definitely have many beers

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Glad that you can make it, Mike. I am sitting in row H. Let's hang out and talk at the after hours party. Fanfare sound pretty cool. Maybe, I will see you next week at The Church show in Philly?

Library Jon
    Not sure yet. I'll have to get back to you on that. I'll definitely see you at RF though.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I just want to let everyone know that it's about maybe 60 percent full. There are plenty of good seats left though. Actually there really are no bad seats in the house. If anyone is sitting on the fence or has not attended before Rosfest is always a lot of fun. Lots of great music, great parties and friendly prog fans who are passionate about the music.

Magog
    I'll be going. Looking forward to it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    I'll be going. Looking forward to it.
    About 6 weeks to go.

Banned
    33 days to go