Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FM Transformation

Ha, I can see some interesting press requests etc-- its why I keep having to say "canadian proggers" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Only ten days after the new CD by FM is released: http://bravewords.com/news/fm-diggin...video-released
    Ugh... That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Only ten days after the new CD by FM is released: http://bravewords.com/news/fm-diggin...video-released
    sounds like Def Leppard. Yawn.

AHAHAHAHA! I'll admit, I was temporarily horrified.

It would be cool if Cam's FM was also playing that Ramblin' Man Fair. One FM on the rock/main stage, one on the prog stage.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Vicki, will their be a tour??

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    It would be cool if Cam's FM was also playing that Ramblin' Man Fair. One FM on the rock/main stage, one on the prog stage.
    FM Stereo?

sorry. had to.

I'm not sure if they will play dates, it hasn't been mentioned, I will ask

Anyone get this yet? Checking out the camples now-
    http://www.amazon.com/Transformation...transformation
    Defo ordering this weekend.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

No Nash the Slash since he's gone to the great gig in the sky.
    At least Ed Bernard can fill his shoes.
    Doubt Ed will wear mummy mask though.

DtB

Just downloaded it from Amazon for $7.99. Does anyone have the time/ability to post the artwork please?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    WOW!

did not expect THAT!

is that a piece from the new album?
    if the rest is of the same ilk, I may just go for it...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hmm, this sounds totally great! https://soundcloud.com/greatgs52/evo...Fwebsite-tunes

Hopefully Mike will get this into the record store in Dundas. I think he's a big fan, will probably get it in. Or, I'll order it.

I have a question about my download. It started at Amazon and then I imported it to Windows Media Player,because that is the only way I know how to burn a DL to Disc. When I get to WMP and drag it over to burn for some reason it is duplicating song titles. Track 1. Track 1. Track 2. Track 2 and so on. Pretty annoying and quite a pain in the ass to delete every other song. For kicks I burned it just to experience listening to these songs 2 times each. Bad idea,it got very tedious very fast. Anyway,does anyone have a solution to get these songs from 18-->--9?

I have heard Transformation at least 4 times now and I have come to one conclusion. The time signatures are off the frickin' chart folks. I think out of 9 tunes only 1 is in 4/4 time. Violin solos galore. I kept thinking how much Cameron Hawkins still sounds like he could very well be singing with Yes. Then I thought,this is the album they either should have made or should make next year. It really is awesome.

Glad you like it Rand, it's a belter we think and I think a lot of people on progears would like it too

I think Cindy Lee Rule would like it very much.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Well, I'm not afraid to state, although maybe a bit premature: this one equals, if not not surpass "Black Noise".

There.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Well, I'm not afraid to state, although maybe a bit premature: this one equals, if not not surpass "Black Noise".

There.
    Equals and surpasses. One original member,but the heart and soul of FM,Cameron Hawkins. The guy is an incredibly gifted musician. It's such a funny name when you realize that FM ignored FM.

FM does play FM though. But only "Phasors on Stun". Actually I did hear "One O'Clock Tomorrow" once as well. So FM doesn't completely ignore FM. Now, if they play the new one, that would be something! (they won't of course, it would be like them playing a newer Saga track, they just won't do it)

Anyway, agreed that Cameron Hawkins is incredibly gifted!

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Equals and surpasses.
    Nice sell job guys - just did the Amazon download, looking forward to a detailed listen this weekend

Vicky, any plans to make the Nearfest 2006 recording an option on Amazon as well?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Cam Hawkins has to be one of the most under-rated musicians in Prog.

Awesome keyboards, excellent bass, solid vox.

There's almost nothing he can't do. I man-love that guy.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

lovely chap as well. One of the politest musos I think Ive ever had dealings with

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Cam Hawkins has to be one of the most under-rated musicians in Prog.

Awesome keyboards, excellent bass, solid vox.

There's almost nothing he can't do. I man-love that guy.
    BIG BIG influence on me as a musician. I used to sit at the organ in my parents living room learning all the keyboard and bass pedal parts with my Rickenbacker strapped around my neck. Then in the 80s, I got heavy into sequencers and synth programming. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Equals and surpasses.
    Not so sure I'm ready to go there yet but just had a second helping of this one and I'm comfortable saying that it is indeed very, very good!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."