Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I went to high school with....

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I am definitely the most famous person I went to school with.
    Same here, which is not to say I'm famous by anybody's standards. But everything is relative: When I went to my 20 year high school reunion, we had to wear badges with our name and graduation photo on them. 90% of the people didn't know who I was even after looking at my photo; that's how popular I was in high school. By comparison to my high school status, I'm practically a celebrity!

Later on, as a professional musician, I've met and played with several famous (to varying degrees) people that folks would know of here. But that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by malterb View Post
    Me, well went to high school with Ron Komie, a guitar player, he did briefly play with Asia.
    We were briefly friends when I lived in Los Angeles in the mid '80s. That ended after I (temporarily) quit smoking pot and didn't want to go pick up stuff for him from my connection. Didn't know he played with Asia, but he was a pretty good player.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    We were briefly friends when I lived in Los Angeles in the mid '80s. That ended after I (temporarily) quit smoking pot and didn't want to go pick up stuff for him from my connection. Didn't know he played with Asia, but he was a pretty good player.
    He played in the school talent shows and also in one of the classes we were in together, remember him being a pretty nice kid. The best musician was my friend Mike who was a hell of a drummer, did an amazing Black Dog, he was a little guy but could pound the heck out of the drums. Unfortunately he had such bad knees he had to give up drumming.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Ted Bundy
    I assume you never had to have any actual dealings with the guy?

Not a big loss to one's reminiscence, I guess.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I assume you never had to have any actual dealings with the guy?

Not a big loss to one's reminiscence, I guess.
    Um...no. But my younger brother was going to HS with His younger brother. They had to take him out of classes during one of Teds' trials.....

I can't recall the name right now but we had another serial killer in that part of town in the 60's......not as famous as "ted"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I went to High School with Nathan Explosion, Nigel Tufnel and Bobby Beers
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Rick Dashiell's father was my seventh grade math teacher. He was a fucking nut case.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Varg Vikernes ("Count Grishnack"/Burzum). He lived in my neighbourhood, and chances are good that he even killed my cat - and I'm NOT kidding.
    Count Grishnack? More like Count Gobshite. Hope he spends the afterlife in a giant kitty litter box, if he did it.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Bob Costas graduated 2 years before me. And fortunately for me, Rosie O'Donnell got there after I graduated.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    My former college roommate worshiped that guy. He also used to say, "hail Satan" before bed and talk about burning churches. This is why we are former roommates.
    I did not like varg from the first time I heard of him. The only reason I even have anything by him is because Samoth is on it.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt #2 View Post
    I was in the same primary school class as the sadly late Charlotte Coleman for a couple of years, she was later an actress in Four Weddings And A Funeral and some well-known TV roles in the UK.
    My younger sister was in the same class as Dido, but that was quite a posh school so not too surprising there were successful alumni.

Can't really beat Varg Vikernes or Joan Jett though...
    I can confirm that people in my class went to school with an international cd artist
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Todd Solondz, film director, was in my high school class.

Billy Sheehan. Not the famous bass player, a different Billy Sheehan.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    In 7th grade my music teacher was Stan Free, who recorded this, and worked with Gershon Kingsley:

I just remembered that when I was in middle school, my music teacher was Mr. Katz, whose brother Fred was a jazz cellist who played in the Chico Hamilton Quintet for years. He came to our school a few times while I was there & did some solo cello stuff.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    In 7th grade my music teacher was Stan Free,
    Did he have a brother named Scott?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Did he have a brother named Scott?
    I don't know how to do the eye roll emoticon on the mobile PE. If I did, I'd use it now.

There was also a sister named Beatrice, but everyone called her Bea.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman