Thread: Snphonic, Lasers, Wayside, Esoteric and.....

Snphonic, Lasers, Wayside, Esoteric and.....

I know I started a thread about this before but I can't find it anywhere. So here goes, besides the 4 mentioned, what other vendors
    have you been pleased with. Anyone ever bought from Import CD's?? Trying to purchase as much as I can from the "Local" vendor instead of amazon..

Record Heaven (Sweden). Just check it out by searching - pops up immediately. Vast stock there.

Doug Larson, perhaps? If he's still in biz? And ZNR?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

ZNR is a seller on Amazon; not sure if he has a website or issues a catalog.

Import CD is a distributor that sells on Amazon. I've ordered a number of things from them - generally reliable, but like any big company if something goes wrong you'll have to file an A-Z Claim with Amazon. Definitely not a mom-and-pop seller.

Larry Kolata/Kinesis is another good vendor - he specializes more in the neo-prog territory, but he does seem to carry items that no one else has.

Peter

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Squidco
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Kinesiscd.com is a great store, but their inventory is generally more on the symphonic / neo side of things. Owner Larry K started the Kinesis label back in the early 90's (?) but eventually stopped being a label, and continued on as a vendor of many labels and independent releases. Great selection and service.

I also order from importcds.com occasionally, which I think is affiliated with deepdiscount.com (their inventory and prices seem similar to me), and have had pretty good success with them. Occasionally something will be out of stock and then eventually canceled from my order, but that has been rare. Prices at importcds are sometimes a bit lower, but shipping is generally more, as they charge $1.49 per item (plus $1.50 handling per order).

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Import CD is a distributor that sells on Amazon.
    Not just on Amazon, though. I've mostly ordered directly from their website, which usually works out better because the shipping on Amazon is $3.99 per item.

Dusty Groove
    Mimaroglu Music-electronic,ambient,modern classical,everything "in between",not much prog/rock.
    Downtown Music Gallery
    Last edited by walt; 02-16-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I purchase mostly through Bandcamp.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Old man of prog
    I buy all my prog and barbeque from Ken at Lasercd.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Doug Larson, perhaps? If he's still in biz?
    Yes he is. Mostly on eBay.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

MUSIC MASTERS WORLDWIDE