Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Nelson (after Be Bop Deluxe)

Favorite vocal albums: Quit Dreaming and Get On the Beam, The Love that Whirls (Diary of a Thinking Man's Heart), Getting the Holy Ghost Across, Fancy Planets, and Shining Reflector. Live at the Metropolis and a great retrospective that includes a disc of live instrumental material. Can't believe I forgot another great instrumental album on my previous entry: Fantastic Guitars with Reeves Gabrels

^^^ You gotta admit, Bill N has some great album titles!

well, I finally finished compiling my 'best of' Bill Nelson
    prolific doesn't begin to describe the dude! I think only Buckethead exceeds Nelson's output

I only did his 80s albums and I coulda had 2 discs of vocal tunes, each 50+ minutes but decided 1, 80 minute disc was sufficient. Fun, fun tunes though to be sure!

I *did* get 3, 80 minute instrumental discs from the venture...
    1 disc compiled of the best material from the 4 LP Trial By Intimacy series
    1 disc of instrumental music dating before Trial By Intimacy and 1 disc of instrumental music dating after TBI
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Huge fan. I just found his box set; Trial by Intimacy, the book of splendors, on vinyl. One of my favorites, by him, or any other musician, the summer of gods piano, included. Wonderfully, talented, creative artist.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Huge fan. I just found his box set; Trial by Intimacy, the book of splendors, on vinyl. One of my favorites, by him, or any other musician, the summer of gods piano, included. Wonderfully, talented, creative artist.
    there were 4 LPs in the TBI set in 1984
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

There still are! I just mentioned my fave album was "included." All the postcards and swag is in it too!