Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven Wilson's next confirmed remix is....

It is time Eddie Offord was given the attention now afforded to Steve Wilson.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
    I have to guess Eddie is way too old-school to be interested in doing surround mixes...

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I know 'Relayer' has its detractors but the manic shrillness is IMHO part of what that album is. Did I read about some of the 'battle sounds' of 'The Gates Of Delirium' missing from his remix (presumably out of necessity, missing multi-tracks etc.)?
    Mainly a couple of moments where it sounds like a cheering crowd on the original. SW said in the notes (paraphrasing, as I don't have the disc at hand) that those sounds must have come from a sound-effects record because they weren't on the tapes he worked from. But most, if not all, of the bashing and crashing noises are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I have to guess Eddie is way too old-school to be interested in doing surround mixes...
    Ttbomk,Eddie's last great production is on 1984's Pallas-The Sentinel and perhaps as later as 1988 for Art In America. I have read many sources over the years inc. members of Yes that his ears are shot and he has retired from the soundboard.

He has apparently got back into a little producing recently... a couple indie bands. But that's it.

http://www.sonicscoop.com/2012/08/05...midnight-moan/

He has apparently got back into a little producing recently... a couple indie bands. But that's it.

And there was much rejoicing. Hopefully this experience will convince EO to get back to work -- at least on a "semi-retirement" level.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Ttbomk,Eddie's last great production is on 1984's Pallas-The Sentinel and perhaps as later as 1988 for Art In America. I have read many sources over the years inc. members of Yes that his ears are shot and he has retired from the soundboard.

^ That's fascinating. Thanks for posting.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Those of you that are saying that the current 5.1 of Fragile is great and fine must not mind the additional reverb added. This new one is a chance to hear it minus that unnecessary addition.

In any case, that 5.1 DVD-A is surely long out of print?

I knew of a hi-fi store that had loads of those DVD-As (including this and 'Magnification') behind the counter that I can't imagine they ever used. Not for sale though...and the store has gone now! But I'm a mono/stereo guy anyway.

That was a great interview, i love this guy. And glad he made it clear where PT is in his life. Good on him.