Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 GRAMMY Awards show tonight

I've been watching the Grammys since I was a teen until about five years ago. I did see some of the performances on YouTube. The "awards" are severely canted towards sales and something the conservative voting body considers "safe". Remember the 70s, when you would have thought Paul Simon and Stevie Wonder must have been the top artists in the world based on their stacks of awards while most rock acts never got nominated.

Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, and Lady Gaga are blessed with actual decent voices. Based on her dance pop I had little idea what kind of voice Gaga had but she freaking nails those standards with Tony Bennett. Sia's got some pipes as well. And after that, the talent drop off was pretty severe. Nice to have AC/DC to open the show. Would have been even better if it had been 1978 and the audience would have got a full dose of Bon walking the boards. Paul McCartney slumming in something barely approaching a song. Madonna is over and no one bothered to tell her. Yeah, your fifty plus ass looks good but you haven't mattered in music for a decade. Stay home.

As I understand it from those who know these things, as hip-hop artists go Kanye is fairly innovative and experimental in his approach to music, never just phoning it in. But he is also an inflated fame whore who is married to an even bigger one with absolutely no discernible talent but a propensity for posing for nude photos. Seen the latest one, there's that vulva for everyone to see? It's just so pathetic.

In short, you kids get off my lawn.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Seen the latest one, there's that vulva for everyone to see?
    Got a linky ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I've been watching the Grammys since I was a teen until about five years ago. I did see some of the performances on YouTube. The "awards" are severely canted towards sales and something the conservative voting body considers "safe". Remember the 70s, when you would have thought Paul Simon and Stevie Wonder must have been the top artists in the world based on their stacks of awards while most rock acts never got nominated.

Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, and Lady Gaga are blessed with actual decent voices. Based on her dance pop I had little idea what kind of voice Gaga had but she freaking nails those standards with Tony Bennett. Sia's got some pipes as well. And after that, the talent drop off was pretty severe. Nice to have AC/DC to open the show. Would have been even better if it had been 1978 and the audience would have got a full dose of Bon walking the boards. Paul McCartney slumming in something barely approaching a song. Madonna is over and no one bothered to tell her. Yeah, your fifty plus ass looks good but you haven't mattered in music for a decade. Stay home.

As I understand it from those who know these things, as hip-hop artists go Kanye is fairly innovative and experimental in his approach to music, never just phoning it in. But he is also an inflated fame whore who is married to an even bigger one with absolutely no discernible talent but a propensity for posing for nude photos. Seen the latest one, there's that vulva for everyone to see? It's just so pathetic.

In short, you kids get off my lawn.
    Excellent write-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'll pass. Would much rather watch zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    There's a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Good point. Though I have yet to see a zombie twerk.
    The above should win some kind of award.

Didn't see it. I had a gig at an Air Force Base in the middle of nowhere in CA (actually I think it was the same one where Nigel Tufnel's wireless got RF, causing him to smash his guitar and walk off the stage). Got to my hotel room in time to see some of it, but I chose to watch "The Avengers" for the third time instead. Heard about Kanye. Some say there's no such thing as bad publicity and I guess he subscribes to that philosophy. That, or he really wants to get in Beyoncé's yoga pants as a change of pace from Jessica Rabbit's man-made parts.

Watching the Avengers is never a bad thing. Puny god.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Got a linky ?
    Just do a google search with her name and the word "vagina".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Only because of the size of his wife's ass, the comment can't be made that "his head is up HIS ass". Hers offers so much more space.
    Yeah, wow, I just watched the video of this and they showed that azz. Yech.

I didn't know they were married. But I only know him from when he said "George Bush hates black people" on live TV. He may have been right there... Other than that I'm not familiar with him.