Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GRAMMY Awards show tonight

Yech. Emblematic of "what's wrong with the Music Industry."

It would have to be a Clockwork Orange moment to get me to watch that crap. Music awards? Really? For what?

We went to see Craig Ferguson last night and nearly died laughing (instead of crying in front of the tube!)
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

The Grammys honor sales, not artistry. It's a laugh and a wonder anyone gives a shit. What a waste of time.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    The only thing I was interested in seeing was ELO. Jeff Lynne has apparently replaced all the old band I saw in the mid-'70s. And where did he find that Hobbit?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

It was great to see Chuck Woolery backing up Jeff on that Tele!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    It would have to be a Clockwork Orange moment to get me to watch that crap. Music awards? Really? For what?

We went to see Craig Ferguson last night and nearly died laughing (instead of crying in front of the tube!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    The Grammys honor sales, not artistry. It's a laugh and a wonder anyone gives a shit. What a waste of time.
    Did those pesky kids get off your lawns yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Ah, I see. In other news- You really gave Madonna a B? That song was shite. Sounded like some of Rhianna's leftovers.
    I didn't start grading at the beginning, so I did some of the earlier grades from memory. The Madonna music didn't make much of an impression on me. (I wasn't paying close attention to much of the show.) You're right, it probably should have been more like a C or something.

Gruno, do you really care about these awards? Do they somehow matter, or confer legitimacy upon the winners? Do you really think Beck, of all people, had the best record of the year? Sam Smith won a lot, which is funny since he lost his lawsuit over his top song. Rihanna? Really?

Gruno, do you really care about these awards? Do they somehow matter, or confer legitimacy upon the winners? Do you really think Beck, of all people, had the best record of the year? Sam Smith won a lot, which is funny since he lost his lawsuit over his top song. Rihanna? Really?
    You obviously care enough about the Grammy's that you continue chatting about it. Why chat about an awards show that you are not interested in from the beginning?

Didn't watch it but I read that Kanye did it again. Why don't they just ban his ass from these damn awards shows? Or maybe they like him making an ass of himself. I think the guy has dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Didn't watch it but I read that Kanye did it again. Why don't they just ban his ass from these damn awards shows? Or maybe they like him making an ass of himself. I think the guy has dementia.
    Agreed. Although, the Grammy's might be enjoying the publicity as long as he doesn't go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    He clearly has something for Beyoncé. Must be her artistry.

Sam Smith won a lot, which is funny since he lost his lawsuit over his top song.
    There was no lawsuit.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Wife and I are already sick of hearing Sam Smith's song "Stay With Me." Nothing against Mr. Smith, just tired of the song. Right now I'm cleansing my ears by listening to A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...To A Blind Horse so I can hear the real "Stay With Me" song. Also, what I saw of last night's Grammys were devoid of rock, so I need me some.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

The Grammys honor sales, not artistry.
    Which means, with the industry as sick as it claims to be, that somebody can get a Grammy award by buying ten copies himself.

Couldn't have said it better, Paul.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I only saw the first hour then switched to The Walking Dead / Better Call Saul. I enjoyed AC / DC’s opening performance. Nothing else did a lot for me.

I agree with Paul Stanley. Kanye West is an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Couldn't have said it better, Paul.
    It would have been great if Beck would have taken the mic and said something similar to:

"Kanye, are you done? Ok, Kanye…? Stop acting like an idiot. Grow up."

It would have been great to have Kanye called out on live TV. I'm sure the audience would have erupted fin approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    It would have been great if Beck would have taken the mic and said something similar to:

It would have been great to have Kanye called out on live TV. I'm sure the audience would have erupted fin approval!
    The idiot went as far as to justify his clothing line and non-musical exploits (which make $$$) because those are all about his kid's future, then followed that up with some b-s that the Grammys need to stop "playing with us."

Only because of the size of his wife's ass, the comment can't be made that "his head is up HIS ass". Hers offers so much more space.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Yes, that would have been very cool.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Gruno, there was a time when I did watch, and I did care. But things are changing in the music industry and not for the better. To me, the Grammys occupy the same air as the idea of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame- all they do is honor those who already have honors up the wazoo. You won't find novel or interesting music on the Grammy broadcast. Listen, from what I read, in the 4-hour show they gave out just 9 awards on TV. One of my high school buddies, a fellow by the real name of Don Fagenson, and whose other name is Don Was, is involved in this (and is now, for better or worse, president of Blue Note Records). But he is an insider now. It is all hugs and kisses and phony outrage like with Kanye West or Madonna's ass. I don't think anyone cares; it is all branding.

BTW, congrats to Johnny Winter for getting a Grammy he should have received decades ago. Too bad it took his death to get it. Fuck the Grammies and their pandering horse shit!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"