Thread: Serge Fiori In The House!

Serge Fiori In The House!

I went to see the Harmonium tribute band "Premier Ciel" last night for about the 15th time. It had been a few years since I'd seen them and it was easily the best show I ever saw them put on! I knew their first manager and he always had 2 promises for us, which never materilized: The band was going to learn "Histoires Sans Paroles" and Serge Fiori was going to assist a show. Last night they opened with "Histoires" and who did I spot sitting dead center of the auditorium but the reclusive Mr Fiori himself! I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure I recognized him and it wasn't some doppelganger, but it was him! The band never made mention that he was in the house so I don't even know if they were aware. He stayed for the entire show and as he was leaving people started recognizing him and burst into cheers of recognition and many heartfelt thank yous for the music!

The highlight of the evening though was when Monique Fauteux came out on stage to join her daughter on Fender Rhodes for "Le Corridor". Monique has maintained every bit of her beautiful voice over the years and her daughter has really come a long way with her vocals. I had chills down my back and my eyes even started to well up!

If you live in Québec and haven't seen these guys in a long while, if ever, make sure to catch them! I'll be seeing them again very soon I think!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

If they are playing Histoires... I need to see them again.

Regards,
    Sean

Sean, every track they do has been bumped up a notch! The arrangements and vocal harmonies are stronger than ever. Definitely go see them again. I was expecting the same old set list but they mixed it up. The show was divided into 2 sets with a 20-minute intermission and clocked in at 3 hours long. The second set focused in on L'Heptade with extended version of Le Premier Ciel and Comme Un Sage.

That's awesome. I didn't even know there was a Harmonium tribute band. Mr. Fiori deserves the honor of having a great band playing tribute to Harmonium.

I need to get out to Quebec some time so I can see them!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    That's awesome. I didn't even know there was a Harmonium tribute band. Mr. Fiori deserves the honor of having a great band playing tribute to Harmonium.
    Here's some amateur footage from a 2013 performance. A little rough but you get the idea of what the band is all about: