Thread: Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick

Any fans? What albums do you like?
    I just picked up some of their '70s output on the cheap. They didn't get much airplay where I'm from so a lot of the material is new to me. They are a fun band for sure.

NP - at Budokan.

I really like the first three studio albums, plus Budokan. Dream Police has some good stuff as does the one produced by George Martin. I've picked up a couple of their more recent albums and they have some good songs on them as well (the second self-titled album & Rockford).

I saw them live 3 times in the '70s when they were an opening act. They were a lot of fun and seeing those shows was how I came to know them. I've also seen them 3 times in the last 10 years or so and they still put on a good show.

Banned
    Cheap Trick probably one of the best power pop bands ever. Just saw them in Atlantic City a few months back.

CT is from Rockford, IL (about 85 miles from Madison). When I moved to Madtown in 1971, CT and another Rockford band, Fuse (& I recall that earlier than '71, there was some personnel movement between the 2 bands).

They used to play at a long defunct club, Dewey's at least twice a month for $2.00 cover. I really liked both bands, but in truth, Fuse more, and probably saw them 8-10 times in '71-'72, just before they "happened".

Still have Budokan and it still rocks!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    CT is from Rockford, IL (about 85 miles from Madison). When I moved to Madtown in 1971, CT and another Rockford band, Fuse (& I recall that earlier than '71, there was some personnel movement between the 2 bands).

They used to play at a long defunct club, Dewey's at least twice a month for $2.00 cover. I really liked both bands, but in truth, Fuse more, and probably saw them 8-10 times in '71-'72, just before they "happened".

Still have Budokan and it still rocks!
    I have the Fuse album. I like it quite a bit. Fuse had Rick Nielsen & Tom Petterson from CT, but they don't sound anything like CT.

Banned
    I'd like to give a shout out to All Shook Up. That's the craziest trick I ever heard. The remastered edition with the Found On All Parts e.p is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I'd like to give a shout out to All Shook Up. That's the craziest trick I ever heard. The remastered edition with the Found On All Parts e.p is excellent!
    Not my favorite album by them, but there are some great tracks on it for sure.

Steve Sly

meimjustalawnmower
    Prolly saw 'em more than any other band, because they always seemed to be the opening act for someone else.

i like all their early stuff . the live at budokan stuff was excellent as it rocked harder then theys rekkids did.