Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King Crimson UK dates 2015

Jakko playing flute... could be "I Talk to the Wind" (but then who sings?) Or was there another song he played flute on?

Great photos by Tony. Bass geeks like me will drool over his axes.

Drummer geeks will probably howl over this one, though...

drummingsign.jpg
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    "Epitaph" is my guess, too. I can't imagine they'd play a non-album track like "Get Thy Bearings." Maybe "A Man, A City" (though I guess "Pictures of a City" was played in England after '69, so that probably rules it out as well)?
    The Islands lineup did "Get Thy Bearings" too. And "Mars."

I believe they never played "Moonchild" live, so that only leaves two choices I can see.

For some reason i can see a duet of Jakko, Mel, and RF on flutes and otherwise improving along to the ending of Moonchild...and getting heckled the shit out of in a hey-maybe-the-UK-as-an-audience-are-ok-now? idea on RF's end that goes terribly wrong and then KC decides to never tour there again.

OR maybe it'll be The Sheltering Sky and everyone will reach some form of Satori...in Tangier.
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 07-17-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    The Islands lineup did "Get Thy Bearings" too. And "Mars."
    I remembered about "Mars" but admittedly forgot about "Bearings" (there it is on Plymouth '71--my bad again!). "Moonchild" was never played live anywhere, correct?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Or as we have seen with Rush these old dudes can totally forget what they did before and it'll be "Schizoid Man".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

http://geargods.net/behind-the-scene...earsal-studio/

A little rehearsal studio footage...

**The band will be playing more classic repertoire, some of it for the first time in the UK, from In The Court Of The Crimson King, In The Wake Of Poseidon, Islands, Larks’ Tongues In Aspic, Starless And Bible Black and Red. Other periods of Crimson will also be featured in what promises to be a dream setlist for Crimheads. Additionally, and perhaps more significantly, they will also be unveiling brand new material arising from their run of rehearsals in 2015. Not for nothing is the tour entitled: The Elements Past, Present And Future.** http://dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5218
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ...and perhaps more significantly, they will also be unveiling brand new material arising from their run of rehearsals in 2015. Not for nothing is the tour entitled: The Elements Past, Present And Future.
    Assuming anything new doesn't come out til at least 2016 it will have been 13 years since the previous studio album (no, Scarcity of Miracles doesn't count). That will beat even the 11 year gap between ToaPP and THRAK.

11880408_10154124195397519_7579385691396859883_n.jpg

2015 Tour Box announced on Facebook yesterday.

"KC tour box 2015 edition: 2 disc edition with all new selections of rarities, outtakes & alternative mixes."

Loved the 2014 Tour set, so count me in.

Any details on the tracks yet?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Any details on the tracks yet?
    Nothing up at DGM yet, just that teaser image on Facebook.

Talking to Pat (and performing too i might add; i did two solos of Absinth and fucked up the bass line royally second time through) at the TOAPP camp all of us campers got some pretty good dirt on this upcoming tour...he showed us charts for the two new-new songs and revealed what one of the three old-new songs will be...

All i'll say is don't get your hopes up for more from ITWOP, SABB, Islands, Lizard, Red, or any 80s material.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Talking to Pat (and performing too i might add; i did two solos of Absinth and fucked up the bass line royally second time through) at the TOAPP camp all of us campers got some pretty good dirt on this upcoming tour...he showed us charts for the two new-new songs and revealed what one of the three old-new songs will be...

All i'll say is don't get your hopes up for more from ITWOP, SABB, Islands, Lizard, Red, or any 80s material.
    Hey, I was a camper too! What an amazing time! My first.

http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_3.htm
    In addition to new rehearsal pics, Tony has included the names of 2 "new" old songs that will be played starting next week. Yes, next week already. And yes, he didn't put a SPOILER alert up first. Boo!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I assume there was no spoiler as Fripp already revealed them elsewhere.