Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bands you've seen with only one original member in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think there was a period of time before Hlubeck came back that the band actually did not have any original members.

Steve Sly
    You're exactly right. During the 90's, Molly Hatchet toured with Brown as the only original member. But in the mid 90's, Brown was sidelined by health issues. I believe had diabetes and may have even had a stroke. So he gave permission to guitarist Bobby Ingram, the longest serving band member other than Brown, to continue touring without him. Checking Wikipedia, it looks like Brown stopped performing in 95, and passed away in 2005, the same year that Hlubek was "invited" back into the fold.

From what I gather, in most US jurisdictions, one is required by law to have at least one original member in any band touring in the respective territories. This might be the reason why Hlubek was brought back into Molly Hatchet, so they could keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I would suspect that would be true for a good chunk of Crimson fans, even ones who are diehard.
    Well, given how briefly the original lineup existed, and the fact that they really only did one tour with the original lineup, you're almost certainly correct.

Steppenwolf, although I personally don't consider 'John Kay & Steppenwolf' to really be Steppenwolf.

Mahavishnu Orchestra, and that was my first concert back in the 70's.