Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Phillips revamps 'The Geese & the Ghost'!

Obviously it's selling well. That's good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    Argh! I just bought this from my local HMV and there is only 1CD. I appear to have two copies of the DVD.
    I took it back to HMV and they replaced it as they had more copies in the stock room.

I didn't ask why they didn't have those copies (Or at least one copy) out on the shelves (The section for Antony Phillips was empty). If owned or managed a record store I'd make sure that if I had stock it would be on display.

I've never heard this album before, but thought it was really quite wonderful, and a lot like early Genesis musically - I guess he had a big influence in the band's sound back then.

I found no available copies in my usual online haunts, including Amazon. Sorry, ordering directly from Esoteric in the UK is a non-starter given the shipping prices. Fortunately, I got lucky by stumbling into one at Amoeba San Francisco.

My fear was that this is destined to become another case like Tony Banks' A Curious Feeling, where the DVD audio goes unavailable rather quickly after release (the latest sold copy on the 'bay went for over $100). Perhaps that won't be the case with this Anthony Phillips title because I haven't seen a CD-only version as part of this current reissue.

I got my copy from Greg Walker @ Synphonic.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I bought something from Esoteric recently. Their price was the best, and the shipping didn't seem that high. I was ordering the Man live at the Padgett Rooms, which has become a bit tricky to find. Also the Robert Reed Hackett EP.