Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Michael Rutherford - Smallcreep's Day

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    The only song I'm so-so on is 'Cats and Rats'.
    That's surprising to hear. "Cats and Rats" sounds the most like Genesis out of anything on the album, with that syncopated rhythm chugging. Replace the singer with Pete or Phil and it easily could have been found somewhere on The Lamb or Trick.

My favorite segment is "Out Into The Daylight."

I'd forgotten how much I liked this one, it had been a long time

Great recommend, OP

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie B View Post
    Same here. It's one of the few vinyl albums I still have.

When I sold my vinyl collection there were a dozen or so the record shop guy said "eh, you can keep these ones"

Funnily enough, the reject pile of about a dozen albums also included A Curious Feeling and No Jacket Required...
    Huh?

Talk about pearls before swine!

A long LP, it's not the greatest sounding. Both sides about 25 min long. Not bad though. The Virgin cd from 1989 sounds the same as the Charisma LP, just made a bit louder as the LP was very quiet. Both sound best when turned up!

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    A long LP, it's not the greatest sounding.
    Yeah, the end of the suite was so distorted on record I'm a little shocked they put it out like that. And it's not much better on cd. It's almost like they used vinyl to master the cd from. Or there was a serious problem when they mixed the album in the first place...