Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaming of the True 2008 Remaster?

Christopher Gilbert, Kevin's brother chimed in on the post on FB about Julian Lennon. Asking about recordings he has that might have interest in being released.

"Christopher Gilbert: I'm Kevin's oldest brother, Chris. I've been on and off different web sites for Kev over the years, but figured I stay out of the mix to honor his talent and the true focus of his fans and supporters. Just wanted to add my own two cents that a completed song or two with Julian would be wonderful. Kev had nothing but great things to say about him and truly admired his talents as well. I also want to thank Lennart for this posting which inspired the end of my silence. I've got a lot of old cassettes with some of Kev's first stuff as we played guitar together (in the few years I was better than him...before he turned four or five : )>

Appreciate the recognition of Kev's gifts. Just a quick poll for those who might see this site. When Kevin was young, 7 to 14 yo, before he did any formal recording, since I was playing guitar and singing in a group in San Mateo, CA, he and I laid down a bunch of multi-track recordings using two cassete decks and a Teac reel-to-reel and some mic's and a mixer he'd gotten in his youngest years. This is mostly my stuff which he produced, played and sang background on. I also have a whole buch of cassette recordings (one of which he turned into a CD called "The Big, Brown KLEP Radio"),

Whoops, didn't finish... I have been sitting on these things for years and wondering if anyone would be interested. The KLEP stuff was open mic, improv which Kevin later added some great production and sound effects. No script, mostly silly stuff ala Firesign Theatre/Monty Python. I was going to have the recordings transcribed, but again never thought there was any real interest. So, is there? If so, what are the music recordings worth if they were produced onto a CD format. Same with the KLEP Radio stuff. By the way, the name of this Blog is the UCLA Radio Show Kevin had and he played some of this KLEP material in those shows. I also wrote a quick monograph with stories of the various KLEP characters as a gift to him in 1993 which might be a part of something that went out. Anyway, the stuff was done from 1974 to 1980 before his NRG recordings as I came back for college vacations. Its sat around for personal enjoyment since then and the title of this Blog reminded me of the material collecting dust. Any interest or is this Tea for One and a tragic and sad dream worthy of a Jenny Ledge? Thoughts?

Oh, how might I ask more folks about this idea to figure out the interest level- if any?"

KLEP was digitally transferred long ago.