Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Best of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Hey Coz,

we share thiose n bold, but i'll check out a few pointers of those

As for Aka moon, they had two releases last year:
    Early on they had a double live (one disc with Alefba, and the second with Balkan Strings)
    late in the year, they had Scarlatti Book, which at times nears Cassol's first two solo albums.
    Yes, I have been "saving" the Scarlatti Book to dive into soon. I do have the double live disc, which I enjoy, but doesn't quite crack my top 10.

Are you aware they will be releasing Nasa Na shortly? This was the group that had Pierre Van Dormael - essentially proto-Aka Moon. It's coming out on the same label that released Scarlatti Book in May. It's live recordings from 1991.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Are you aware they will be releasing Nasa Na shortly? This was the group that had Pierre Van Dormael - essentially proto-Aka Moon. It's coming out on the same label that released Scarlatti Book in May. It's live recordings from 1991.
    I might have put this Nasa Na in Cassol's mind last time I spoke to him some two years ago, after a music conference of his that I had attended.

Nasa Na used to hold public rehearsal (sometimes turning in jams with buddies dropping by) held on every second wednesday at the Kaaitheater in the early 90's (often taped). I must've seen there Nasa Na around 15 times and Aka about 10 times before the club closed down. There was a real superb athmosphere in there too.

PVD died a few years ago, and he was the older brother of film-maker Jaco Van Dormael.

I ahad also suggested Cassol to see if he could exploit the two concerts Aka had played at the Opera de la Bourse in the late 90's... extremely interesting shows in an very expanded formation for these specific projects
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Banned
    Outer Arm by Psychedelic Sun's

http://psychedelicsuns.bandcamp.com/album/outer-arm

Released December 1, 2015