Thread: Camembert Electrique Remaster

Camembert Electrique Remaster

Evidently Camembert Electrique is getting the deluxe treatment:

"'Camembert Electrique' is released as a deluxe mediabook edition. For the first time ever, the album has been remastered from the original BYG master tape, recently discovered and sounds incredible! The booklet with all-new sleeve notes by long-term Gong fan Mark Paytress (Mojo magazine) comes complete with rare photos and memorabilia.

For all formats, the original track listing, correct song titles and timings, incorrect on every reissue since 1974, have been restored."

http://www.propermusic.com/product-d...ctrique-185413
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camembert-El...dp/B00SKI39W0/
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Excellent news. Hopefully Teapot won't be far behind. Anyone know the label?
    Last edited by zombywoof; 02-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Excellent news. Hopefully Teapot won't be far behind.
    if there is an album that badly needs a re-visit to the original masters, its Flying Teapot.
    I have a scratched vinyl from the first issue and it sounds worlds apart from what made it to the CD version (and also subsequent vinyl re-issues which are just as bad as the CD)

Charly...I think they are the only label that has ever released this album on CD in the UK. I'm good with the one I have, really.

As for '...Teapot', what exactly is the problem with the Charly CD in relation to the original Virgin record? I've never had the latter but I've read about mix problems etc.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Frig, I just bought this about a year ago. The trilogy, I have the Jap mini LP CDs. I hope they don't reissue those. Well, I'll deal with it if they do.

"...the original BYG master tape, recently discovered and sounds incredible!"
    Hard to imagine, but here's hoping.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

^ Right, that's what I was thinking. At any rate, I hope it's just not some marketing bs to plug another reissue!

Still hoping for the expanded Gong Live Etc.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post

As for '...Teapot', what exactly is the problem with the Charly CD in relation to the original Virgin record? I've never had the latter but I've read about mix problems etc.
    Where to begin? Swapped channels, compressed dynamics, muddy, murky sound quality ... I did a rip of my Virgin record and despite the obvious pops and clicks, it is head and shoulders above the Charly travesty.

^Right, thanks.

The split in the catalogue is odd, though no doubt rights issues are responsible. All their albums originally came out on Virgin here, yet on CD there's some available only on Charly and some available on both Charly and Virgin!

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Hard to imagine, but here's hoping.
    that was what went through my mind...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

chalkpie
    Udi - do you have any info on this?

The vinyl sounds incredible, the CD sounds like ass.

edit: was speaking about "teapot" here, never heard Camembert on vinyl