Page 122 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Big fan of the Narcos brand also...Need to watch it Spanish too, not dubbed. Makes the whole thing feel more authentic.
    The version I have watched had the English in English and the Spanish in Spanish (with subtitles). I did not know there was any other version.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The version I have watched had the English in English and the Spanish in Spanish (with subtitles). I did not know there was any other version.
    Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought there was an option where you could watch the original (as you described) or a totally dubbed version. Maybe I am confusing it with another show? Does Netflix even offer that option within a streaming show?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought there was an option where you could watch the original (as you described) or a totally dubbed version. Maybe I am confusing it with another show? Does Netflix even offer that option within a streaming show?
    Yes. Depending on the show, Netflix offers original language with subtitles or dubbed. I know this because there was a show that was originally in Danish, I think, and the subtitles were a little too fast so I tried watching it dubbed, which also sucked.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Currently watching Suits Season 8. Don't know if anybody else has followed this show. It's formulaic but still binge-worthy.I am expecting Mike Ross to make a return at some point but they will have to write off Rachel since Meaghan Markle will not be acting any time soon... Apparently there will be a spin-off show called Pearson airing on W iirc...I did not care for that character too much but if it makes it's way to Netflix I may be curious enough.

Has Yellowstone w/Kevin Costner, on the unlikely Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV) ever been mentioned in this thread?

IMO a hidden gem already in its 2nd season that is worth catching up with on demand thru the present. Great character development and premises.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm re-reading Good Omens from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's so idiotic it's brilliant, not unlike the works of either author. Anyone watching the tv version of it? Don't remember what channel it's on but it's one that I don't get. I wonder if it's like Dirk Gently which is not the story that's in either of the two books, yet still embodies the spirit of the books.

Wasn't there also a show American Gods, based on Neil's book, or am I imagining that? Meh, whatever. Doesn't matter.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good Omens TV show was excellent, we had it on Amazon Prime in the USA, American Gods has had two seasons so far, it's very good though has changed quite a bit from the book.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I haven't pulled the trigger on Good Omens yet, but will soon. Instead I just jumped on the Hanna train. Really digging this one so far after 3 episodes
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Playing this week on PBS (it premiered last night):

This was excellent with a lot of never before seen footage.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I got that on the DVR last night!

We watched the last two episodes of Archer last night. They've brought us out of the dream rabbit hole we've been in for three seasons. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here. The courtroom sequence was hilarious.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I got that on the DVR last night!

We watched the last two episodes of Archer last night. They've brought us out of the dream rabbit hole we've been in for three seasons. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here. The courtroom sequence was hilarious.
    Oh, shit, I forgot to keep up with Archer. The last episode I saw was #6 and it looks like they're up to 9, so far. I better get on that.

I also finally started Arrested Development. Pretty funny.

Some other shows I've added to my watch list:

Another Life. A science fiction show on Netflix that "follows the story of an astronaut and a space crew, who are on a mission to investigate the origins of an alien artifact that mysteriously appeared on Earth. As the crew attempts to search for alien intelligence, they face inexplicable horrors that might signal the end of their mission."

Colony. "In a dystopian near-future Los Angeles, residents live under a regime of military occupation by an organization known as the Transitional Authority. The Authority serves an extraterrestrial group referred to as the 'Hosts', about whom little is known."

Requiem. A six part supernatural horror limited series from the BBC & Netflix. I think I'll wait until Halloween season to watch that.

Oh, and the new season of Orange is the New Black dropped a couple weeks ago. I got quite a ways into it but got sidetracked by other things.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Wow. Just watched episode 1 of Years And Years, a new HBO series... I've never seen a show like this before! Best described as Six Feet Under meets Black Mirror. Instantly hooked!
    Halfway through this series now...I quite like it. I would prefer the ratio of personal life to political happenings to skew a bit in the other direction, but so far this is very well done. Equally enjoyable and enraging.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Halfway through this series now...I quite like it. I would prefer the ratio of personal life to political happenings to skew a bit in the other direction, but so far this is very well done. Equally enjoyable and enraging.
    Yes, it's a rather frightening glimpse into the possibilities and realities of the near future. I really liked it. Too bad it was only six episodes.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yes, it's a rather frightening glimpse into the possibilities and realities of the near future. I really liked it. Too bad it was only six episodes.
    It covers a lot of ground, much of which is quite feasible...Did it in 2 shots! Great acting, especially Emma Thompson!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

This is how much I love Emma Thompson (imo funnier than 90% of the stand-up comedians in the world when she's not dabbling in acting).

I would rather be in a room for 2 hours (even if I was 20 years younger) talking with Emma T. than be in that same room f*****g Gal Gadot or any other eye candy you would care to name.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    This is how much I love Emma Thompson (imo funnier than 90% of the stand-up comedians in the world when she's not dabbling in acting).

I would rather be in a room for 2 hours (even if I was 20 years younger) talking with Emma T. than be in that same room f*****g Gal Gadot or any other eye candy you would care to name.
    She's a delight, and so are the other members of that tight-knit group from early 1980s Oxbridge. I think every one of them are immensely talented in all aspects of acting. I recently watched a documentary about Fry & Laurie, and Emma of course was interviewed, and she's done up like an old fashioned movie star, living a lavish lifestyle - without acknowledging it at all, of course - just carrying on as though this was her everyday attire.

As for the second part of your post, I want to say I'd agree full stop, but it depends on my.... mood at the time. Maybe if I make sure I'm relaxed beforehand.

I've said too much.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Colony was mentioned. Not bad but it's done. Peter Jacobsen is now on Fear The Walking Dead, which should be fun as he's always a hootenany. Check out The Last Room, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Two to add that I am not ashamed to mention. Bob's Burgers and Rick and Morty. If you are not hip to these shows, then you are not hip, Dawg.

My next band is gonna be called Hungry For Apples!!(HELLO !!!!! OXNARD, CALIFORNIA........ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR APPLES!!!!!!) in honor of R&M and the hit single will be titled Human Music.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I checked out Season 1 of The Expanse from the Library (the Amazon Prime account access ended last month), but haven't started watching it yet.

With a lot of talk about it, I hope I do get sucked-in and won over by the this show. Syfy (SkeeFee) hasn't made anything I really got into since Warehouse 13? or even Caprica. I hope this may do that (and I know they left the network for Amazon in later seasons).

Started watching the Canadian series "Anne With An E"... It's the latest reboot of Anne Of Green Gables and it follows the book very closely with a fine young actress playing the lead. Entirely filmed in PEI as well, so total eye candy. Well done CBC.

I believe Mindhunters is back for season 2 tonight? Loved season 1.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I believe Mindhunters is back for season 2 tonight? Loved season 1.
    Is it? Absolutely loved season 1! This is good news!

That reminds me. I happened to catch about five minutes of Michael Douglas on a talk show last night and he said the new season of The Kominsky Method will be released in October. If you haven't seen this show you should check it out. Alan Arkin is so funny in it.

It's interesting to me the timing of new Mindhunter episodes. I've been reading a lot of books about serial killers lately.

Just started the second season on Mindhunter and it looks like it's going to be another quality season.

Just started the second season on Mindhunter and it looks like it's going to be another quality season.
    Damn it.
    Just started watching last night and figured I'd watch one episode before I went to bed.
    Ended up watching 3 and didn't get to bed till after midnight.
    For a 66 year old old fart that's a major loss of needed sleep.

Fine, fine show even though a little dark.

DtB

You on the second season Dave?