Page 121 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Well, that sucks.

Season 2 finale of Big Little Lies in T-minus 16 minutes... seriously looking forward to this!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm on a Brit Mystery kick....finished Hinterland on Netflix, and watching Broadchurch, which is really good.

Any other suggestions?
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Luther, The Fall, Wallander (takes place in Sweden but it's treading the same dark territory and the actors almost all Brits).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I'm on a Brit Mystery kick....finished Hinterland on Netflix, and watching Broadchurch, which is really good.

Any other suggestions?
    Line of Duty.... just excellent British cop drama

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post

Any other suggestions?
    Unforgotten is excellent, should be right up your alley if you like those other ones (which I also did).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Season 2 finale of Big Little Lies in T-minus 16 minutes... seriously looking forward to this!
    I thought it was a very enjoyable series this year. Enjoyed it more than the first season and thought the conclusion was satisfying.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Yes BLL was pretty great. And looks like they left it open for another go. I love Laura Dern's portrayal of Renata. Fucking batshit over the top. We laugh our asses off everytime she's on screen.

I continue to enjoy Euphoria and Years and Years. HBO remains the quality benchmark, IMO, for episodic TV.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Anyone ever watch Between Two Ferns? It's a faux talk show hosted by Zach Galifianakis. I had been meaning to see it but kept forgetting. I just finished bingeing it today (they're all less than ten minutes). Some episodes are better than others but overall they're pretty funny. Here are a couple good ones:

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Anyone started watching The Boys yet?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I started The Boys yesterday. I like it. There is some dark hilarity in that show.

Unforgotten is excellent, should be right up your alley if you like those other ones (which I also did).
    Thanks for the suggestion(s), folks!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Veronica Mars revival on Hulu?

4 episodes-in and it's another classic Veronica-Whodunnit from Rob Thomas and crew...

Just finished The Boys. I dug it.

Wow. Just watched episode 1 of Years And Years, a new HBO series... I've never seen a show like this before! Best described as Six Feet Under meets Black Mirror. Instantly hooked!

Just finished episode 7 of JETT HBO offering of violence, sex and not drugs...really enjoying this show, but not with my wife. Can be a bit confusing at times with many time shifts telling the story. For BREAKING BAD fans, our old friend Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) is featured as Charlie, in a similar role. Looking forward to Ep 8 tonight.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm near the end of Narcos-Mexico. Great! Not a good postcard for Mexican travel! It's amazing that so much blood and treasure was expended against weed in the 80's, particularly since it looks to be legalized in several large countries. So much wasted effort.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Wow. Just watched episode 1 of Years And Years, a new HBO series... I've never seen a show like this before! Best described as Six Feet Under meets Black Mirror. Instantly hooked!
    Glad you dove in! We love it!

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Just finished episode 7 of JETT HBO offering of violence, sex and not drugs...really enjoying this show, but not with my wife. Can be a bit confusing at times with many time shifts telling the story. For BREAKING BAD fans, our old friend Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) is featured as Charlie, in a similar role. Looking forward to Ep 8 tonight.
    Hmmmm...is this an HBO-Canada thing?? I don't see it in my HBO-Go.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Glad you dove in! We love it!

Hmmmm...is this an HBO-Canada thing?? I don't see it in my HBO-Go.
    Its actually Cinemax, but billed as an HBO Original Series...https://www.cinemax.com/jett
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Giancarlo Esposito also has been on Westworld and of course Better Call Saul of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I'm near the end of Narcos-Mexico. Great! Not a good postcard for Mexican travel! It's amazing that so much blood and treasure was expended against weed in the 80's, particularly since it looks to be legalized in several large countries. So much wasted effort.
    I enjoyed it a lot too. The whole series has been quite good.

I loved the cameo by Pablo Escobar and also the ones by the Cali cartel. It's odd to root for some of these Narcos drug lords given their casual violence and cruelty. That last episode where Neto is getting high while his cronies are getting shot all around him was surreal. This is probably one of the most violent shows I've seen recently, so it's not for the squeamish. You almost expect double barreled shotgun blasts in every scene!

Big fan of the Narcos brand also...Need to watch it Spanish too, not dubbed. Makes the whole thing feel more authentic.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I loved the cameo by Pablo Escobar and also the ones by the Cali cartel. It's odd to root for some of these Narcos drug lords given their casual violence and cruelty. That last episode where Neto is getting high while his cronies are getting shot all around him was surreal. This is probably one of the most violent shows I've seen recently, so it's not for the squeamish. You almost expect double barreled shotgun blasts in every scene!
    Agree, bringing back some of the characters from the first two seasons was very cool.