Page 217 of 329 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Everyone in the town knew that was Dexters truck! I'm nitpicking here of course, but I'm pissed...leave me alone!
    Just think of the possibilities season 2. Will Harrison be a vagabond killer, will he set up shop in a big city, will he stay rural.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

not the case at all. All I wanted was to not be let down and that wasn't the case. I'm perfectly ok with Dexters fate, it had to be, but the way it was done was so lame and left me so unfulfilled. My biggest beef was the big FU with the bautista thing going nowhere after building it up the way the did. I loved the episode until the last 10 minutes. Lame.
    Yup, what he said.

We watched the first two episodes of the Righteous Gemstones. When I think about it, it's a bit like Succession what with the aging patriarch and his incompetent heirs feuding for the throne. Last season, John Goodman wasn't really integral to the plot but this season he is definitely driving it. Sadly, no sign of Walter Goggins yet.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Just think of the possibilities season 2. Will Harrison be a vagabond killer, will he set up shop in a big city, will he stay rural.
    My theory is that It is all fake.
    Dexter knows death better than anyone else. Why he pointed at the spot and said well done. He could point at another spot that would be more lethal and final …..DaDaDaaaaaaaah (dramatic suspense music)

Get ready for 10 more seasons of Dexter from sunny California!

Few hints:
    Bulletproof vest can be found in the police car
    Identifying the specific shooting target- chest
    Access to Kurt’s blood that could be used in the crime scene
    No footage from the crime scene after Harrison left
    Motive is to drive hesitant Harrison out of town (save him from becoming a killer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Progmatic; 01-12-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Not sure why driving away in Dexter's truck (or "Jim Lindsay's" truck, rather) was a problem. Didn't Harrison arrive at that final scene in the truck? And if Harrison is leaving town that's going to leave a lot of people wondering....with or without the truck. And it's not like the truck is registered to Dexter Morgan where the incoming federal law enforcement would flag it. But maybe I'm missing something.
    <sig out of order>

Started watching "Mare Of Eastown" tonight. 3 episodes in and excellent so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Started watching "Mare Of Eastown" tonight. 3 episodes in and excellent so far.
    My daughter gave my wife and I a subscription to HMO Max, and we just watched the same first 3 episodes last night. It does seem quite good.
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    My daughter gave my wife and I a subscription to HMO Max, and we just watched the same first 3 episodes last night. It does seem quite good.
    Kate Winslet is tremendous in this as is Jean Smart. Engrossing series.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Agree, Winslet is playing something different from anything I have ever seen her play and is doing an amazing job so far. I am also a big Evan Peters fan (mainly from American Horror Story) and it is cool to see him playing something different from a psycho / wierdo / wack job that he usually plays so well.

Mare Of Easttown was excellent on all fronts and I was pleased to see Julianne Nicholson win an award for her performance.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    100%...great stuff!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Just finised the latest Cobra Kai...more of the same, but still good nostalgic fun

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Mare Of Easttown was excellent on all fronts and I was pleased to see Julianne Nicholson win an award for her performance.
    The women in the cast are stellar and I second your endorsement of Julianne Nicholson, a long time fave of mine.

On another note, Yellowjackets officially renewed for season 2 and I expect Dexter to be announced imminently.

Just finised the latest Cobra Kai...more of the same, but still good nostalgic fun
    Show always makes me crave Coors in a can.

A new miniseries on FX: Justified: City Primeval. No idea when it's supposed to air, though.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    A new miniseries on FX: Justified: City Primeval. No idea when it's supposed to air, though.
    I still have not seen Justified. I was totally unaware of it when it was airing live. I can get it on Amazon Prime, but they charge extra for it (you have to buy each individual episode) which pisses me off and have not done it. I hope I get the chance to see it before this new sequel comes out.

Finished "Mare Of Eastown" last night. Absolutely outstanding series. The story kept moving in different directions with lots of little subplots to go along with the main mysteries. The acting and writing were about as good as it gets. Highly recommended if you have not seen it.

"Ozark" drops later this week. Looks like they are going to do a split final season though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I still have not seen Justified. I was totally unaware of it when it was airing live. I can get it on Amazon Prime, but they charge extra for it (you have to buy each individual episode) which pisses me off and have not done it. I hope I get the chance to see it before this new sequel comes out.
    You need to see this dude. It's easily up there in the best series of all time...for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    We enjoyed season 1 and will be watching season 2. Also recording Around The World In 80 Days to start soon. We basically watch everything that airs on PBS Masterpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I was just reading about this on PBS' website and now I'm interested. Let me know what you think.
    Three episodes in now and this is very good indeed. Highly recommended to anyone who likes these kinds of shows/stories. Tennant is great but the cinematography and score are top notch as well. It's a good mix of light-heartedness and engaging drama with a few thrills along the way.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

You need to see this dude. It's easily up there in the best series of all time...for me at least.
    Watched it all when it was on DVD, some great characters in it!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Around the World in 80 Days does continue to deliver the goods. The action sequences are always gripping and then there's just scenes where Fogg has his head jammed way up his ass. Thank goodness for Miss Fix.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I watched the first three episodes of Peacemaker. Pretty good.

I know, I think it is also on Hulu which I don't currently have, but keep thinking about getting.