Page 3 of 328 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Dave - Lilyhammer was conceived in the US by Americans (incl Springsteen's pal) and then pitched to the Norwegians, so I figured what the hell....

Van Zandt didn't even have to learn a new role. Silvio works.
    It's still a Norwegian show...I hear that Springsteen will make an appearance on Series 3, (which I've just started watching) Check out this snippet on YT, so f*cking funny!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udRDsoHNShw
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm surprised that I see no love for Orphan Black - incredible series and acting!

No cable here, so most of my TV watching is in the form of DVD boxed sets and thus not necessarily "current" (I'm always a year behind on Walking Dead, for example). Hell, right now I'm revisiting my high school years by watching "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" - picked up seasons 1 and 2 for 5 bucks each a couple of weeks ago.

Here are the current shows that I've been watching this season on the whopping three channels I get with my rabbit ears:

Monday: Gotham regularly, Forever occasionally (when I'm too lazy to get up off the couch after Gotham).
    Tuesday: Nothing/volleyball night.
    Wednesday: Arrow fairly regularly, but only started watching this season.
    Thursday: Usually nothing/volleyball night. When I happen to be home I watch Big Bang Theory and the Goldbergs
    Friday: Hawaii 5-0 occasionally. Was watching Constantine back in the fall but lost touch with it. Not sure if was cancelled or moved to a different night or time?
    Saturday: Movie night or Hockey Night in Canada.
    Sunday: Simpsons once in a blue moon.

Moonshiners (Not quite sure how they do it but it is filmed right where my Granfolks used to live)
    The Walking Dead
    Life Below Zero
    Phineas and Ferb
    Drugs, Inc.
    Tanked (I like aquariums)

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    will have to check that out. Been watching season 4 of Joe Kenda on YT.

hey No Pride in the windy city: re Bates Motel, hang around. http://www.aetv.com/bates-motel
    Love Kenda! He actually talks like a person-which is a rarity among the ID regulars (Candace DeLong, the creepy Phelps guy, etc)
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

New Walking Dead starts tonight & Better Call Saul on AMC.

Current, on hiatus, recently cancelled or recent mini series:

The Affair
    Togetherness
    Olive Kitteridge
    True Detective
    Game Of Thrones
    Getting On
    The Newsroom

Ok, so I'm a bit of a HBO junkee… sue me.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Anybody watch "Worst Cooks of America" on Food Network? They ran a promo for next week's finale that revealed who the final two were before the show had announced the winners of that episode and thus the final two competitors were.

That sucks! Yes, I watch it. I guess that I missed that promo because I always Tivo it and skip the commercials. :-)

Chicago Fire
    Perception (unfortunately has been canceled)
    been getting into Madam Secretary lately as well.

forgot Suits
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 03-12-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Better Call Saul isn't quite the home run I was hoping for... yet... it's good but it's taking it's sweet damn time getting going. But it's still one of the better shows I'm watching. I suppose holding it up to Breaking Bad it's going to come up short no matter what...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I love watching cooking shows, but those cooking competition shows are the worst. Why take something relaxing and enjoyable and inject competition and stress into it?

The Walking Dead is really the only show I watch. That and the occasional cooking show, and sometimes Letterman.

Game of Thrones and Vikings
    Psyched
    White Collar
    Old Cake Boss repeats
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Better Call Saul isn't quite the home run I was hoping for... yet... it's good but it's taking it's sweet damn time getting going. But it's still one of the better shows I'm watching. I suppose holding it up to Breaking Bad it's going to come up short no matter what...
    I am pretty happy with it. I have not seen the most recent episode yet, but it is meeting my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Psyched
    on the USA Network?

Just bought season 4 of Game Of Thrones on BluRay but decided to go back to season 1 and watch everything before watching it. Not watching anything else at the moment. Most of my TV viewing involves sports or documentaries.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am pretty happy with it. I have not seen the most recent episode yet, but it is meeting my expectations.
    I'm liking it too. I had no expectations of it being another Breaking Bad and it's not, but there are some stylistic similarities, not to mention some of the characters from BB.

My main gripe is with the pacing. Though in retrospect, BB got slow in place as well. I kind of want to get to the key moments a bit quicker. I'm probably just impatient. The characters are all great. There are definite hints as to how it's getting to where it's all going...

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    House of Cards
    +1
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Even though it takes place in the Breaking Bad "universe", Better Call Saul so far seems more like the Fargo TV series than another Breaking Bad.

Lost

Whilst not current, it is for me.

Missed the series first time around but am now on a binge currently watching early season 4.

Great show.

DtB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Lost

Whilst not current, it is for me.

Missed the series first time around but am now on a binge currently watching early season 4.

Great show.

DtB
    Got your GPS Dave?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Even though it takes place in the Breaking Bad "universe", Better Call Saul so far seems more like the Fargo TV series than another Breaking Bad.
    That's not a bad comparison.

I tried to watch Vikings, but it was more like watching a bunch of bearded cats sitting around stuffing their faces and talking. If I wanted to see that, I'll watch Andrew Zimmern.

Best Cutthroat Kitchen sabotage yet: Chef Emily sticking chef Douchehat with the Walmart scooter.

The Good Wife. Hands down. How good is it? From Wikipedia: Reception

Honorable mentions, both of which are excellent:
    Justified
    House of Cards

Other faves:
    The Americans
    Archer
    Big Bang Theory
    Bosch (new show on Amazon, based on the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly)
    Fargo
    Modern Family
    Person of Interest
    True Detective

Guilty pleasure:
    The Walking Dead

A show I feel I need to champion: Robot Chicken. It's a 15 minute show that's part of Adult Swim on the Cartoon network. It airs at midnight. They usually run two shows back to back. If you like satire, parodies, irreverence, and stop-motion animation, you'll love this show. It's almost always vulgar, occasionally contains toilet humor (which I'm not usually a fan of), is typically politically incorrect, but it also parodies just about anything you can think of, usually pop culture. It's the only show that consistently makes me laugh out loud. They even have a few recurring characters. Humping Robot is my favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Jusified is a plethora of amazing characters with a really witty dialogue and it's US made
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    I'm surprised that I see no love for Orphan Black - incredible series and acting!
    I agree about the acting. Tatiana Maslany is certainly up to the task... usually. I love her as Allison, the neurotic housewife, and find her believable in all her roles but one: Cosima, the grad student. But I don't watch it anymore. I just had a problem with the way the story arc went and bailed on it. I'd still recommend it, tho. I do think it's a very good show.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe