Page 270 of 329 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

That trailer looks like a must. I went looking for Dark on Prime, and came up with a 2015 movie about a woman in a blackout. I'm guessing that's not it? There was one called The Dark that looks like it'd be a good watch, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I'd heard The English was good. I like Blunt.
    The English is very good, Just six episodes but it packs in quite a bit of action, with lots of gratuitous violence and oddball characters. It is a western, although most of the actors are - as you would expect - English. The cinematography is great, although filming took place in Spain - as you would not expect. It is available on BBC iPlayer and, I think, Prime. Recommended.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    The English is very good, Just six episodes but it packs in quite a bit of action, with lots of gratuitous violence and oddball characters. It is a western, although most of the actors are - as you would expect - English. The cinematography is great, although filming took place in Spain - as you would not expect. It is available on BBC iPlayer and, I think, Prime. Recommended.
    Yes, it is good. I finished it the other night. It can get obscure in some of the telling, but the final episode clears things up. I'm glad it ended well. I started watching Outer Range last night to stay with westerns, but two episodes in I'll not finish it. It's a blending of modern western and SF or fantasy or mysterious hokum of some sort, which I don't care for.

I started watching Outer Range last night to stay with westerns, but two episodes in I'll not finish it. It's a blending of modern western and SF or fantasy or mysterious hokum of some sort, which I don't care for.
    I like that kind of hokum and even I found it tedious. Bailed after two or three episodes.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Speaking of SF-y stuff, there was a show on Netflix that piqued my interest and I never was able to get back to it because I didn't know watchlists existed, yet, and something else drew me away. Forgive the lack of clear details but I'm going from memory and I think I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes. I can't even remember any of the actors in it.

It was about a group of people on a plane that (crash?) lands someplace and something weird is going on. Some people want to stay with the plane and others think they should head out to find shelter or a town or something... altho I might be confusing that plot point with something else.

It's not Into the Night nor is it Lost (was that ever even on Netflix?), a show I never had any interest in to begin with. And I'm also certain it's not Manifest since the very first episode has them landing in NYC.

The one image of it I have in my mind is people walking through a jungle or forest with their luggage.

I have no idea what it could be. I even read an article titled 11 TV Series Centered Around Plane Crashes and nothing sounded familiar.

I've searched the interwebs but came up empty.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Yeah, I know: I sound like an old man who's talking nonsense. Sorry.

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That trailer looks like a must. I went looking for Dark on Prime, and came up with a 2015 movie about a woman in a blackout. I'm guessing that's not it? There was one called The Dark that looks like it'd be a good watch, though.
    Dark is on Netflix. It's a German show, btw. Not that I assume you dislike having to read subtitles. Just FYI.

It debuted in Dec of '17 and I started watching it the first year it was on, iirc. I don't know why but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, I don't know. But I've never felt compelled to go back to it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I started watching Outer Range last night to stay with westerns, but two episodes in I'll not finish it. It's a blending of modern western and SF or fantasy or mysterious hokum of some sort, which I don't care for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I like that kind of hokum and even I found it tedious. Bailed after two or three episodes.
    We watched it all the way through and I liked it. It had a proper ending, I think, but it definitely could use some fleshing out with another season. Don't know if they're planning on one. however. And it does feature a minor "twist" that we saw coming a few episodes before the finale.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The Devil's Hour

Surprisingly good! The first few episodes didn't make much sense and it's definitely a series that demands you pay attention, but the final episode is where it shines. Excellent acting (especially the creepy kid), good chills, clever plot and easy to burn through being only 6 episodes. Definitely recommended for the thinkers in here.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Speaking of SF-y stuff, there was a show on Netflix that piqued my interest and I never was able to get back to it because I didn't know watchlists existed, yet, and something else drew me away. Forgive the lack of clear details but I'm going from memory and I think I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes. I can't even remember any of the actors in it.

It was about a group of people on a plane that (crash?) lands someplace and something weird is going on. Some people want to stay with the plane and others think they should head out to find shelter or a town or something... altho I might be confusing that plot point with something else.

It's not Into the Night nor is it Lost (was that ever even on Netflix?), a show I never had any interest in to begin with. And I'm also certain it's not Manifest since the very first episode has them landing in NYC.

The one image of it I have in my mind is people walking through a jungle or forest with their luggage.

I have no idea what it could be. I even read an article titled 11 TV Series Centered Around Plane Crashes and nothing sounded familiar.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Yeah, I know: I sound like an old man who's talking nonsense. Sorry.

-------------------------

Dark is on Netflix. It's a German show, btw. Not that I assume you dislike having to read subtitles. Just FYI.

It debuted in Dec of '17 and I started watching it the first year it was on, iirc. I don't know why but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, I don't know. But I've never felt compelled to go back to it.
    White Lotus?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    White Lotus?
    No. Too new. And the show I'm talking about doesn't revolve around a resort in paradise.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Looks very interesting. I still need to watch Dark.
    "Dark" is not for everyone, but if you like really detailed, well thought out time travel science fiction it does not get much better. Unfortunately it is in German, so you have to either use subtitles or english dubbing, but the show is well worth a binge.

Sounds exactly like the start from Lost. Maybe it was The 100 not really a crashed plane but a spaceship (of sorts).

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Dark is on Netflix, not Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Sounds exactly like the start from Lost. Maybe it was The 100 not really a crashed plane but a spaceship (of sorts).
    Neither. As I said, I never had an interest in Lost – because I heard all the complaints about the ending. Plus, it's never been on a streaming service, for free anyway. The 100 very definitely isn't it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Dark is on Netflix, not Prime.
    Yeah, I already mentioned that (#6730).

Neither. As I said, I never had an interest in Lost – because I heard all the complaints about the ending. Plus, it's never been on a streaming service, for free anyway. The 100 very definitely isn't it, either.
    You can see it free with ads with Freevee or thru your Amazon Prime sub, which is Freevee.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    We watched it all the way through and I liked it. It had a proper ending, I think, but it definitely could use some fleshing out with another season. Don't know if they're planning on one. however. And it does feature a minor "twist" that we saw coming a few episodes before the finale.
    So would you say it's SF or some type of fantasy? I can't imagine it going in some other direction, but that. I'm curious, but I'm just tired of that genre blending. I don't mind Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones however.

Can't think of much else in that direction, Yellowjackets?

I've burned through Welcome to Wrexham on Hulu. What I know of soccer/football I learned from Ted Lasso so I'm on shaky ground. Nonetheless I found this to be entertaining and riveting. The sad thing is that now I am compelled to follow Wreham in National League standings.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I don't know a series that way, but sounds like the movie, Arctic with Mads Mikkelsen, which is a pretty decent watch. There are others with a similar plot, Alive being another one.

Lately late night I've watched some real air disasters and if you are afraid of flying definitely don't watch it. It has shown some that are really harrowing. I think the title to the show is Mayday here in the states, tho Canadian made.

Manifest and Keep Breathing are other plane crash series. It kinda sounds like the SF series The 100 though, when the show was more Earth bound. I started watching that show when it took place in space, and then lost track and watched some episodes while they were on Earth. It was a decent watch, I just couldn't keep up.

Well I'm not so proud to say that tonight I will have made it through all 11 seasons of The Walking Dead It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

But before that so I can zip through the commercials I'll be starting the new Netflix series 1899
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Well I'm not so proud to say that tonight I will have made it through all 11 seasons of The Walking Dead It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

But before that so I can zip through the commercials I'll be starting the new Netflix series 1899
    We watched The Walking Dead finale last night too if you want to call it that since they are starting 3 new shows with most of the main characters remaining.

Yeah, I already mentioned that (#6730).

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Same here. Even tho it got absurd a lot of the time, like those guys wearing the storm trooper plastic armor in the recent season, I generally found the characters and situations interesting, more so than than any series on regular TV. It was interesting to see Gale Anne Hurd as one of the characters too.

[QUOTE=Hal...;1155120]Speaking of SF-y stuff, there was a show on Netflix that piqued my interest and I never was able to get back to it because I didn't know watchlists existed, yet, and something else drew me away. Forgive the lack of clear details but I'm going from memory and I think I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes. I can't even remember any of the actors in it.

Manifest? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_(TV_series)

[QUOTE=markowitz;1155753]

Manifest? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_(TV_series)
    THe Stephen King one about The Langoleres? Theyre on a plane flying around as reality didintegrates.