Page 131 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Ask us not about Sir Hedgehog!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

as much as I do have some issues with the Final Season of Marvel's Runaways on HULU, I am happy and sad it's over now having finished watching it yesterday.

I am curious about both what Brian K Vaughan's work adaptations; Y: The Last Man and I guess Paper Girls.

But also what the cast may do now, namely the Kids in Runaways, I could see them appearing in other Brian K Vaughan's work or like some of the MCU shows, which will likely be on Disney+ which I don't currently have access to.

High Fidelity the TV Show coming to Hulu on Valentine's Day. Starring Zoe Kravitz

Maybe they could get Jack Black or John Cusack to make a cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Anyone a fan of NETFLIX Documentaries? Just watched THE CONFESSION KILLER and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just how much to believe is the grey area, but regardless, it does explain the ongoing issues with the US justice system...the story of Henry Lee Lucas, the so called serial killer of all time and his relationship with the Texas Rangers police.
    I did. I never miss the true crime stuff on Netflix. I also watched Don't F**K With Cats about Luka Magnotta. The building he committed that crime in is not too far from my house and I have walked by it on numerous occasions.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I did. I never miss the true crime stuff on Netflix. I also watched Don't F**K With Cats about Luka Magnotta. The building he committed that crime in is not too far from my house and I have walked by it on numerous occasions.
    I watched that too..I was really taken with the investigative skills of amateurs. The internet is such an amazing tool that is available to anyone with enough patience and determination to solve mysteries that, at first look unsolvable. I was blown away at their use of Google maps/earth to figure out where that building was, after establishing it was located in Montreal. Highly recommended viewing..however..a warning to cat lovers. Although the graphic nature of the animal crimes are not shown, it is still very upsetting and anger promoting.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Yeah, kudos to the two main "investigators" though I found both of them to be just a little too full of themselves... They did some great work to locate him first in Toronto, then later in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    High Fidelity the TV Show coming to Hulu on Valentine's Day. Starring Zoe Kravitz

Maybe they could get Jack Black or John Cusack to make a cameo?

10 episodes? Mmm, I think I should read the book again and watch Jack and John. Such great memories! Don't know if this will be the case with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Other than Zoe Kravitz, I have zero interest in that. Nothing in that trailer enticed me... other than Zoe's character being bi.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Halfway through the Netflix series Messiah, and am enjoying it
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Zoe was in Big Little Lies? Right? Great in that.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Halfway through the Netflix series Messiah, and am enjoying it
    watched all 10 episodes in 2 nights...not sure if I liked it or not. This reveiw sums it up for me..SPOILERS https://www.familytheater.org/blog/n...8aAq3eEALw_wcB
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I've got Messiah on my list for future watching...

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    watched all 10 episodes in 2 nights...not sure if I liked it or not. This reveiw sums it up for me..SPOILERS https://www.familytheater.org/blog/n...8aAq3eEALw_wcB
    Finished it last night. I can certainly understand your ambiguity . I did enjoy it immensely, allowing for the artistic license that permeated the series.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I don't know what I just watched, other than the title: Mr. Robot.

I tried to keep up, but I lost it.

I'll put it up there with Breaking Bad as one of the greatest TV shows ever and I have no clue what just happened.

Can't say squat, spoilers and all those jazz hands. Even if I did, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Something amazing happened and I will have to watch many times to understand what happened.

ETA: For stupid line and to add this: It's the best use of Styx Mr. Roboto ever in film or television.

Been reading a few pages of fan boards and I'm still confused but whatever happened was beautiful. So many ways it can be construed yet it wasn't LOST which, quite frankly, was a very lousy ending to a show.
    Just finished the series last night, and I have to say that I found it to be one of the most enjoyable and well-done conclusions to a series in my experience. I don't really know how much range Rami Malek will ultimately show, but as a break-out role this was a remarkable turn for him.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Just finished the series last night, and I have to say that I found it to be one of the most enjoyable and well-done conclusions to a series in my experience. I don't really know how much range Rami Malek will ultimately show, but as a break-out role this was a remarkable turn for him.
    He did win the Oscar for both best actor & best overbite last year, so few are questioning his range now.

Messiah's on my list too, Yves.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Ah, but there are those who would say he won the Oscar because of the overbite...
    David

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    He did win the Oscar for both best actor & best overbite last year, so few are questioning his range now.

He is also in the upcoming new James Bond movie.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Just finished the series last night...
    How did you watch it? On demand or streamed from USA?

The two shows at the top of my list, whose entire series I want to binge, are Mr Robot and Preacher, both of which ended this year. The problem is you're unable to binge the shows from one network for free.

The first three seasons of Mr Robot are included with Prime but the fourth is on USA's website.

Preacher is unavailable anywhere for free. However, my library has the first three seasons on DVD and the fourth is due to be released February 11, according to Amazon.

Man, they don't make this easy on ya, do they?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

^ Depends on whether you know the tricks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    How did you watch it? On demand or streamed from USA?
    Watched season 4 streaming with the USA app. You have to sit through commercials, but there's no extra fee, at least with our system (Hulu plus live tv subscription).
    David

With hesitation, due to all the recent twinkle toe vampire stuff, I watched the first episode of Netflix 'Dracula' last night...I thought it was great! We'll see how it goes as it's a 3-4 part series, each episode 90 mins or so. Check it if you're in the mood for good ole Bram style.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Wife and I started Succession, we are four episodes in and loving it!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Can we all agree that Sympathy for the Devil and Here I Go Again should be banned from use in movies, tv shows, commercials, podcasts......well, anywhere?

Just say no, yo!
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Anyone started watching The Outsider on HBO? Only one episode in so far. I'm assuming there's going to be more twists than evil twin brother.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Can we all agree that Sympathy for the Devil and Here I Go Again should be banned from use in movies, tv shows, commercials, podcasts......well, anywhere?
    Sure, as soon as they stop using Aretha Franklin's Respect in 8 out of 10 comedy movie trailers.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***