Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, they do not address it. And I agree with Steve's view, here. But, at the end of the day, we really enjoyed the show, and that's all that matters.

We also just finished Bosch: Legacy and were happy to see it carry on as just a continuation from the original show. Bosch is a PI now, which should open up some different storylines. And I like how they're handling his daughter's story. Another thumbs-up from us.
    me too! Quality.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I looked it up and answered my own question. This was the final season, but they are planning a movie.
    Wow! I'm in. Though I do like the episodic nature of the show. I think they're wise to do a long form thing.....I anticipate Our Hero may go on to fight Facists....
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

There's no release date yet, but the FX network will have a "limited series" of Justified: City Primeval. So far, no word on Walter Goggins returning but they pretty much closed the book on his character. Let Boyd stay behind bars. I would be more interested in the return of Deputy Marshal Tim Gutterson, sharpshooter and perpetual smartass.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-raylan-givens
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

For those of you who were fans of the German Sci Fi Time Travel series "Dark". Here is the new trailer for their new creation coming sometime later this year:

3 episodes into the new season of The Boys. This show is probably not for everyone, but I think it is one of the best things on TV right now.
    It gets even better. Please, everyone hurry up and watch this so we can chat without spoilers.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    It gets even better. Please, everyone hurry up and watch this so we can chat without spoilers.
    I want to damn it! Leave me alone, I'm knee deep in Peaky Blinders right now. The Boys is next.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I am caught up. Fantastic stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I want to damn it! Leave me alone, I'm knee deep in Peaky Blinders right now. The Boys is next.
    Just watched the first episode of the last season. Still an amazing show.

The Old Man The second episode with Jeff Bridge was on FX last night. If you have Hulu you can get it there too. So far pretty good. Dan Chase (Bridges) mysteriously left the CIA and lives off the grid. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.

Alone--I think the guy's name was Igor that tapped out last night. For a guy that supposedly had such survival skills, he was a lunkhead to build such a fortress of a shelter. I'd think the priority survival skills in order are: water, fire & then food, and shelter in that order. He even realized that his undertaking was killing his back, and said I should have just gone for an A-frame, yet persisted onward. What a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    The Old Man The second episode with Jeff Bridge was on FX last night. If you have Hulu you can get it there too. So far pretty good. Dan Chase (Bridges) mysteriously left the CIA and lives off the grid. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.
    Very interested in this.

Also DVRd the new series Dark Winds, on AMC, and based on Tony Hillerman's novels. Haven't watched yet.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Alone--I think the guy's name was Igor that tapped out last night. For a guy that supposedly had such survival skills, he was a lunkhead to build such a fortress of a shelter. I'd think the priority survival skills in order are: water, fire & then food, and shelter in that order. He even realized that his undertaking was killing his back, and said I should have just gone for an A-frame, yet persisted onward. What a dummy.
    Yeah he just burned himself out with those big trees with no calorie intake...bad move. Right now Benji seems to be in a good place. Love this show.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    The Old Man Jeezus H. That first ep was crazy. Hooked. Loved the 2nd ep as well. Bridges, Lithgow? C’mon now. Waiting for the 3rd ep. Don’t mess with a man and his rots.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

The wife and I started watching “Yellowstone” for the first time over the weekend. So far 5 episodes into the first season. I like it, but don’t love it. The Melodrama is a bit much at times and some of the characters seem way over the top (the daughter “Beth” especially). The constant killings with no reprisals seem a bit ridiculous too, but maybe this will play out more eventually. We will finish season one and then make a decision to continue from there.

We watched the first two episodes of Yellowstone a while back and yeah, way too much melodrama. It felt like a soap with spurs. Right now we're watching the fantastic Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and the new season of Stranger Things which is frankly, been a bit depressing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We watched the first two episodes of Yellowstone a while back and yeah, way too much melodrama. It felt like a soap with spurs. Right now we're watching the fantastic Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and the new season of Stranger Things which is frankly, been a bit depressing.
    "Yellowstone" was my wife's choice. Have not seen the new season of Stranger Things yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    and the new season of Stranger Things which is frankly, been a bit depressing.
    Depressing? I thought it kicked ass! My favorite season by far.

Just watched the first episode of the last season. Still an amazing show.
    Whooaa don't encourage him. Priority here is The Boys. We are ALL waiting to talk through the awesomeness of this show.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Whooaa don't encourage him. Priority here is The Boys. We are ALL waiting to talk through the awesomeness of this show.
    I am caught up on The Boys. Just waiting for the next episode to come out.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The Offer was far better than I ever expected it to be. Going it, I figured, well, I like The Godfather, so I might as well give it a try. Well worth it, IMO.

Depressing? I thought it kicked ass! My favorite season by far.
    I'm only two episodes in. I guess between Hopper's story line and El getting bullied, everyone's life in turmoil, it seems to drag it down. But the Big Bad is a real piece of work and you can't lose with Robin/Steve/Dustin.

Love Death + Robots. This latest season isn't quite as good as S1 but I liked it better than S2.

The best short is called "Night of the Mini Dead". Synopsis: "A bit of unholy cemetery sex ends badly, kicking off a worldwide zombie plague. It's the cutest apocalypse you'll ever see."

Unfortunately, it's also the shortest, so watch it a second time with the captions on. It's pretty funny.
    Many years ago, I started a misanthropic club. I'm still the only member.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Agree on your assessment
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Two episodes in on new The Boys season and holy crap it gloriously just doesn't give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The Offer was far better than I ever expected it to be. Going it, I figured, well, I like The Godfather, so I might as well give it a try. Well worth it, IMO.
    I'm four episodes in and really enjoying it. I'm so impressed with the actors playing Pacino and Brando, they've done their homework. Not so wild about the guy playing Sinatra though. As a huge Godfather fan, this is right up my alley, and I'm so glad they didn't mess it up!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

Two episodes in on new The Boys season and holy crap it gloriously just doesn't give a fuck
    You guys are gonna convince me to watch this.