Page 136 of 330 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I quite enjoyed it. Obviously, it was more setup than anything, but delving into this 'new world' was very engrossing and entertaining for me.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I've been binging on a Brit historical show of 5 series called Poldark (2015 version)

I find it rather good if a bit soap operaish set in the late 18th early 19th century.

Lots of eye candy for the fellas here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poldark_(2015_TV_series)

DtB

Dispatches from Elsewhere

the Clara character and the whole Fishtown and Elsewhere Society really adds a lot of surrealism.

The segment they showed last night I suspect was a number of years in the past.

Also the forcing every Spotify stream with Good Vibrations was gold!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm just watching the first episole of Castle Rock. Any opinions?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned
    Has anybody seen Maltese: The Mafia Detective on Amazon Prime? Only one season so far. Excellent Italian production (subtitles). Loved it and can't wait for the 2nd season.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Binge watching Vera on Britbox, dectective show based in Newcastle.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm restarting Altered Carbon so I can watch the new season.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Dispatches from Elsewhere

the Clara character and the whole Fishtown and Elsewhere Society really adds a lot of surrealism.

The segment they showed last night I suspect was a number of years in the past.

Also the forcing every Spotify stream with Good Vibrations was gold!
    Totally in love with the show. The surrealism and the great cast of characters is so much fun.

What was up with Fredwynne's Jesus Jacket?

@mozo-pg - Castle Rock was good. It's not a King vehicle but it's based on and it's got loads of mentions to other King works and is in that universe, so if you like King you will probably dig it.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Totally in love with the show. The surrealism and the great cast of characters is so much fun.

What was up with Fredwynne's Jesus Jacket?

@mozo-pg - Castle Rock was good. It's not a King vehicle but it's based on and it's got loads of mentions to other King works and is in that universe, so if you like King you will probably dig it.
    I watched the first episode today. Not sure what to think, yet. But I do like King and will keep watching to see if it clicks.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I watched the first episode today. Not sure what to think, yet. But I do like King and will keep watching to see if it clicks.
    I don't have Hulu but there is a second series so can't tell you what that's got going. The first set it up for more so I figure that's where the story is going. Being as it's Castle Rock well, there are plenty of ways to spin that.

Well, this next part is depressing.

Just got done with Dark Side of the Ring on Vice. Absolutely fantastic, yet so damned sad.

It's all about Chris Benoit and how he killed his family. It's utterly messed up how brain disease, CTE, can destroy people, family's, everyone involved.

There probably was a bit of 'roid rage there but I think the CTE was much more responsible. He lost it when his best friend on the circuit, Eddie Gurrerro died. He just couldn't handle reality after that. There was an after show to it with EG's son and someone else, I forget at the moment and I haven't finished that but it's a really devastating story.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Binge watched The Madolorian this week on a free Disney trial, wife loved it, not really my thing, baby Yoda could have died in the first episode for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I don't have Hulu but there is a second series so can't tell you what that's got going. The first set it up for more so I figure that's where the story is going. Being as it's Castle Rock well, there are plenty of ways to spin that.

Well, this next part is depressing.

Just got done with Dark Side of the Ring on Vice. Absolutely fantastic, yet so damned sad.

It's all about Chris Benoit and how he killed his family. It's utterly messed up how brain disease, CTE, can destroy people, family's, everyone involved.

There probably was a bit of 'roid rage there but I think the CTE was much more responsible. He lost it when his best friend on the circuit, Eddie Gurrerro died. He just couldn't handle reality after that. There was an after show to it with EG's son and someone else, I forget at the moment and I haven't finished that but it's a really devastating story.
    Watched the documentary over the weekend. Very sad, but interesting story.

For you racing fans, the new season of Formula 1: Drive to Survive dropped about a month ago on Netflix.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

After about 12 years I re-visited the 10 parts mini-series Band Of Brothers. Still impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    For you racing fans, the new season of Formula 1: Drive to Survive dropped about a month ago on Netflix.
    I really enjoyed the first season. Have not had time to watch the 2nd yet, but it is on my list.

Get ready - our favorite psychopath is back

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The wife and I have really been enjoying The English Game (Julian Fellowes, creator of Downton Abbey, Gosford Park, etc.) - highly recommended to anyone who likes a good British period piece that focuses on class conflict, as these often do. Very well done and a solid cast.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Started Narcos in quarantine..., not bad!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

In isolation...binge watching is easy and without guilt. Watched OZARK 4 episodes on Friday and 6 episodes Saturday...still loving this show, hoping for a 4th season.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    After about 12 years I re-visited the 10 parts mini-series Band Of Brothers. Still impressive.
    That was/is superb!

Just started the Jack Ryan Amazon show... like it so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    DVRed Westworld but if they don't offer some decent coherent stories this season I'm done. Last season was a giant mess.
    I watched and liked season one... not enough to dive into season two and now season three is here... well I do have the time, I might just start in again!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I really enjoyed the first season. Have not had time to watch the 2nd yet, but it is on my list.
    So far, it's been just as good as Season 1. Episode 6, however, was excellent. Haven't seen anymore, yet.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Looks like the premier of season 4 of Fargo has been delayed due to the virus. Apparently it was still in production, was supposed to drop April 12th.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    Looks like the premier of season 4 of Fargo has been delayed due to the virus. Apparently it was still in production, was supposed to drop April 12th.
    This Sunday The Walking Dead will air but the season finale for next Sunday is delayed as they couldn't get the FX part done.

This is gonna cause havoc on series that are scheduled to run in a few months. Stuff that's done can air but nothing is being made right now.

Heard Captain Beefheart last night in IIRC Dispatches. Too Much Time was the song and it fit well.

Avast ye streamers (please note the absence of a certain show that features dragons and boobs)

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart