Page 144 of 329 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    Also Broadchurch is good starring David Tennant.
    Yes, we watched that and it was excellent.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    They've even started using subs, semi-submersibles, and low profile boats to traffic drugs.
    Yeah, it deals with all of that and how it came about. The Feds know all about that but still can't stop them all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I will have to check that one out.
    It's got interviews with most of the particulars involved on the L&O side but obviously few with the lords, with the exception of Hererra who detailed everything and "Max" a high level guy that turned. It's pretty wild as these "invisibles" usually have billions of dollars yet live these boring, low-key lives just to keep out of jail. What good is all that cash if you can't spend it?

The Paul Le Roux story is also wild. Dude made some encryption tool and used that to start an empire from his computer. He would still probably be operating if he hadn't tried to take coke to Australia(where he's from).

I'm still laughing at the 10,000 kilos "lost".

Finished Shadows up to the last episode and it's fantastic. The energy draining vampire Colin Robinson is so much fun as he's so boring and the familiar, Guillermo, is waiting to be turned but is secretly killing vampires that are trying to kill his group of vamp's. He's got Van Helsing blood so he's really good at killing them.

Both the show and the movie have them trying to deal with the internet and it's like trying to get your 90 year old grandpa to use zoom when he's never used a computer before. They don't quite get it but that's the fun. It's like Christopher Guest's movies where they try and make the stupidest characters they can.

They have achieved that.

Another one is The Genetic Detective on one of the networks, I forget which. Really creepy how this chick can find a killer using genealogy. I do mean really creepy. I ain't giving my dna out to anyone, that's for sure.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 06-06-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

We're halfway through the third season of True Detective and like it very much. Bought the first season on DVD, but after reading the mixed reviews didn't watch the second one.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    We're halfway through the third season of True Detective and like it very much. Bought the first season on DVD, but after reading the mixed reviews didn't watch the second one.
    Third season was much better than season 2 though not quite as good as the excellent season 1.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Third season was much better than season 2 though not quite as good as the excellent season 1.
    My thoughts as well.

Space Force. On Netflix. I watched the trailer a couple weeks ago and put this on my watch list even tho I was dubious. I like Steve Carell and I liked The Office but I didn't particularly like Carell's character, Michael Scott, in that show and from what I saw of the Space Force trailer, it almost looked like they could have titled it "Michael Scott in Space". There's a little bit of that feeling in Carell's character, General Naird, but he's not incompetent, just over-confident. The show was co-created by Carell and Greg Daniels, developer of the US version of The Office, as well as being a writer on SNL, The Simpsons, Parks and Rec, and King of the Hill.

The show is obviously satire and from what I've seen of satire (and parody), too often it's either too dry or just stupid. Space Force is neither. It's just funny. Disclaimer: I've only seen two episodes, so far, fwiw.

Also stars John Malkovich and Ben Schwartz. Recurring actors include Lisa Kudrow, Noah Emmerich, Patrick Warburton, Fred Willard (RIP), Jane Lynch, Diedrich Bader (Drew Carey Show, American Housewife), and Dan Bakkedahl (Veep).

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Yeah, it deals with all of that and how it came about. The Feds know all about that but still can't stop them all.
    It's because, for the most part, they don't show up on radar. About the only way they can find them is either through intel or from spot planes. Altho the Coast Guard has still managed to produce some really nice busts; hundreds of millions of dollars worth. Unfortunately, it's been both coke & weed. They should let the weed through.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

We watched "Don't Fuck With Cats" yesterday. Disturbing, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We watched "Don't Fuck With Cats" yesterday. Disturbing, but interesting.
    Disturbing indeed, has special significance if you live in Canada.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Is anyone else watching Quiz? It's really quite engaging!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

1st 4 minutes of the upcoming 2nd Psych movie coming on July 15th.

^^ Dule Hill recently found himself jobless when that lawyer show he was on ended. (One of his costars on the show was Duchess Meghan.) Good to see he still had something to fall back on.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I can't recall if anyone's mentioned this, but....anyone watch The City and the City on Amazon? (Or, originally I think, on BBC?) Based on China Mieville's book?
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

The city in the city was a weird book. I didn't know they made a show of it though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Haven't read the book, but now I want to, after watching the show. 4 episodes, available on Amazon.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quiz is now finished, it was just a three-parter, and was highly entertaining. We are now on season 2 of The Borgias, thoroughly enjoying that one. This recent quarantine time has allowed us to go back and see all of these things we simply didn't have time for when they were first aired. Now taking a quick side-step to watch the six-part series Belgravia, which is excellent and a must for Downton Abbey fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Now taking a quick side-step to watch the six-part series Belgravia, which is excellent and a must for Downton Abbey fans.
    I'm a big Downton Abbey fan but couldn't get into Belgravia at all, the characters felt like they were straight from a historical romance novel or a soap. Mind you the wife loved it.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm a big Downton Abbey fan but couldn't get into Belgravia at all, the characters felt like they were straight from a historical romance novel or a soap. Mind you the wife loved it.
    Oh that's surprising! I'm really enjoying it, I find the tone quite similar to DA. Did you see Quiz? I've been trying unsuccessfully to pimp it here but nobody's biting.

I finished "Master Of None" with Aziz Ansari. I thought it was a really well done comedy and would recommend it.

Started watching the documentary series "Dirty Money" and am two episodes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Oh that's surprising! I'm really enjoying it, I find the tone quite similar to DA. Did you see Quiz? I've been trying unsuccessfully to pimp it here but nobody's biting.
    Haven't watched Quiz yet, will give it a go.
    Ian

Amy Schumer's new cooking show on the Food Network is a hoot. Her chef husband makes some really cool interesting dishes while Amy "helps" & cracks wise. The dynamic between them is the real point of the show, which also features their baby son and his nanny.

I searched the thread several different ways, and didn't come up with any references to the AmPrime series Homecoming, which surprises me a little. It's a psychological drama produced by Sam Esmail of Mr. Robot fame. The first season stars Julia Roberts and Bobby Cannavale alongside several relative newcomers, and was directed by Esmail. What's interesting is that Roberts' character isn't a part of the second season, and there's a different director, but the show maintains the vibe they started to enough of an extent to hold interest in the story. Stephan James is excellent throughout as the common thread between the two seasons. We just finished the run, which is a total of 17 episodes, most less than 30 minutes in length, and found it very enjoyable. Don't want to provide any spoilers, but would be curious to know anyone else's thoughts.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

^^ Speaking of Mr Robot: during the scenes filmed at the Phoenix Fry's Electronics store, I was like "Been there, shopped that."

Alone has started its new season on History Channel 9pm. I've enjoyed all their seasons. If you like nature and the outdoors check it on on Thur, (iirc). It's set up like a "Survivor" realty TV show sort of, where contestants fend for their own shelter, food, etc.

RE: That Drug Lords show on NatGeo. Seems odd, it might have been affected by the pandemic. There's no ep6, just goes from 5 to 7 even On Demand. Ep7's last update was in April 2020 so maybe some of these shows are still in post production, hence why no ep6. There's no more to record in the next couple weeks so I don't know.

Cool show nonetheless.

Did the two seasons of Succession. What a messed up, vile family of rich asses. I don't think any of them have a soul yet I'm enthralled and wondering what's going to happen next. Frikking train wreck that I just have to watch.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

^^ That could be a function of your particular streaming service, or cable or satellite provider.