Page 25 of 329 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Any love for Bojack Horseman here? Just finished the 3rd season and I find it to be one of the funniest and darkest shows on TV.
    Yup - pretty vicious satire of the Hollywood lifestyle/culture, innit.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Never heard of it.
    Netflix Original animated series. Will Arnett and Aaron Paul are the main characters...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

favorite new series so far..
    Designated Survivor
    Timeless
    Frequency
    on the fence with the Exorcist and Conviction

least favorite..
    MacGyver - has absolutely none of the charm of the original and Mac himself transitioned from peace lover to shoot-em-up spy.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Watched the first episode of Westworld last night. Pretty good, but I kept thinking about how the people controlling Westworld can only control a small amount of what might happen. What if one guest decides to assault another guest? They wouldn't necessarily know it was another guest, and what's to stop them?

Also, where the hell are Roman World and Spa World? Those are key!

Just watched episode 2. I'm really enjoying this. My latest thought, though, is what if one guest tries to off another guest with a knife?

Westworld is clearly the BEST new series out there. I am completely hooked!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    Westworld is clearly the BEST new series out there. I am completely hooked!
    Me too - still have to watch yesterday's episode though.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Me too - still have to watch yesterday's episode though.
    I am also an episode behind, but yea I think it is really good, and I have no idea where they are going with it.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    GOLIATH

Westworld is excellent! It's starting to move now. Evan Rachel Wood is a fine actress, and just, fine.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on BBCA, just started this weekend.

If you know of it, then watch it and if you have no clue what I'm on about, then watch it anyway. It's well worth the price of admission.

"Sometimes when things happen, they don't happen".
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I've been engrossed by The Killing on Netflix. Stepped away after the first 2 seasons (where they wrapped up the case they were on). I didn't know if I felt like pressing forward. Glad I did as the case they are now on (which I hope will also run 2 seasons) is a lot darker. Excellent stuff!

I'm also totally into the 2nd season of Narcos, another Netflix original. If you don't mind reading subtitles 90% of the time, you'll be rewarded with a very realistic and graphic story.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I've been engrossed by The Killing on Netflix. Stepped away after the first 2 seasons (where they wrapped up the case they were on). I didn't know if I felt like pressing forward. Glad I did as the case they are now on (which I hope will also run 2 seasons) is a lot darker. Excellent stuff!

I'm also totally into the 2nd season of Narcos, another Netflix original. If you don't mind reading subtitles 90% of the time, you'll be rewarded with a very realistic and graphic story.
    Just finished Narcos recently and enjoyed it. They pretty much stuck to the real life story for the most part, although dragging it out over two seasons dragged a bit at times. I thought the writing and acting were very good. Looks like they left the door open for a 3rd season.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on BBCA, just started this weekend.

If you know of it, then watch it and if you have no clue what I'm on about, then watch it anyway. It's well worth the price of admission.

"Sometimes when things happen, they don't happen".
    That was very very odd but I'll keep watching
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Westworld is excellent! It's starting to move now.
    I've read theories that either Logan or William is The Man In Black 30 years earlier; their scenes never overlap, and that The Man In Black is really a host gone awry just like Yul Brynner, but he thinks he's a guest who's been coming there for 30 years.

I liked it, too, altho I thought the first case kinda dragged on. Season 3 was wrapped up before the show was cancelled. Netflix picked it up and filmed a 4th and final season of 6 episodes. I haven't seen it tho.

Altho quite different, another slow, thought provoking show that was also originally on AMC was Rubicon. I thought it was one of the most intelligently written shows I've ever seen. It focuses on an intelligence analyst in NYC. A spy thriller with very little action, it's very cerebral. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after one season.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Westworld is excellent! It's starting to move now. Evan Rachel Wood is a fine actress, and just, fine.
    Just watched episode 4 - excellent!

Yeah, Westworld is very, very good. I've also just finished Narcos season 2, and I think Wagner Moura should win awards for his acting. His commitment to the role of Escobar reminds me of a young De Niro around Godfather II period, with a little Raging Bull thrown in (especially with the weight gain.) I think he was absolutely outstanding.

Anyway, now that I've finished that, I'll check out that new Exorcist series today. Hoping it's halfway decent.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, Westworld is very, very good. I've also just finished Narcos season 2, and I think Wagner Moura should win awards for his acting. His commitment to the role of Escobar reminds me of a young De Niro around Godfather II period, with a little Raging Bull thrown in (especially with the weight gain.) I think he was absolutely outstanding.

Anyway, now that I've finished that, I'll check out that new Exorcist series today. Hoping it's halfway decent.
    Just finished watching episode one of The Exorcist series. Not bad, need to watch a couple more episodes to be sure. Prog (in the shape of Mike Oldfield) did make an appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just finished watching episode one of The Exorcist series. Not bad, need to watch a couple more episodes to be sure. Prog (in the shape of Mike Oldfield) did make an appearance!
    Yeah, I watched the first one too. Meh, it's okay. I'll give it a few more episodes and hope it gets more intriguing. I didn't realize it was a network TV series, ugh. I'm getting spoiled with all the great stuff from HBO, AMC, etc., where I don't have to fast forward commercials or look at those ridiculous ads that take up 40% of the screen.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, I watched the first one too. Meh, it's okay. I'll give it a few more episodes and hope it gets more intriguing. I didn't realize it was a network TV series, ugh. I'm getting spoiled with all the great stuff from HBO, AMC, etc., where I don't have to fast forward commercials or look at those ridiculous ads that take up 40% of the screen.
    I watched it from the Fox site, and I don't think there were any ads. Geena Davis kind of sucks.

I also thought he did an excellent job, although I am not familiar with him as an actor. What else has he been in?

Did they deal with Escobar's death yet? I'm curious about how they handle it.

Spoiler:Pablo was shot in the ear while in a gunfight with Columbian police and killed. The thing is, no one on the police took that shot. They hit him in the leg and torso. Some say he took himself out and had said that was the way he'd do it rather than be arrested. BUT, I was listening to a morning drive show several years ago and an ex-intelligence officer was on. He said there's specific rules about killing foreign nationals. They have to face a threat to the US. Or you can take out an OBJECT that's a threat to the US. And then he said, "for example, if Pablo Escobar was holding a radio telephone to his ear a sniper could determine that that phone was a threat to the United States. Hmm
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I also thought he did an excellent job, although I am not familiar with him as an actor. What else has he been in?
    I just looked him up on IMDB and I've never seen any of the other stuff he's been in - but it's a good amount. Apparently he was nominated for a Golden Globe for Narcos, but lost to Jon Hamm for Mad Men. I watched and liked both series (and actors), but I would have given it to Moura.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Did they deal with Escobar's death yet? I'm curious about how they handle it.
    Yes, towards the end of the last episode of season two. It's done so faithfully to the real story that they intersperse photos of the real event and you can barely see the difference.