Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    There are a couple documentaries. Belgium TV broadcasted one before the series, made by Jan Balliauw.

Here's another, The Real Chernobyl:

What I liked about the series is that before the credits of the final episode they showed what happened to the real people and that the role of the fictive femal scientist was in fact the personification of a couple of scientists in one person.
    Thanks!

Just started the latest season of "Drive To Survive" which follows the Formula One series. I really enjoyed season one and so far season 2 is very good too.

Watched the first 2 episodes of HOLLYWOOD last night and so far it's very entertaining and VERY Hollywood
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of HOLLYWOOD last night and so far it's very entertaining and VERY Hollywood
    I was curious about that one.

Dead to Me Season 2 is on Netflix NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I was curious about that one.
    Well, having only watched 2 of 7 episodes, I'm going to reserve judgement until the end, but so far, so good...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Dead to Me Season 2 is on Netflix NOW!
    thanks for the heads up
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Is the Chernobyl documentary on any particular service? I would definitely be interested in watching it.
    It's on Youtube. Simply titled Chernobyl. Gorbachev summed it up real well when he said the USSR fought it's last war against Chernobyl and it wrecked the country.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

HODOR!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just finished the second season of Sinner, very good and nicely wrapped up.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    It's on Youtube. Simply titled Chernobyl. Gorbachev summed it up real well when he said the USSR fought it's last war against Chernobyl and it wrecked the country.
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Just finished the second season of Sinner, very good and nicely wrapped up.
    I am also a fan. Have you heard any word about a third season?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I am also a fan. Have you heard any word about a third season?
    There was a third season of The Sinner, it was quite good, better than the second I thought (though neither were as good as the first).

Wife and I blazed through Wolf Hall recently, excellent acting (and I got to drool over Claire Foy). We are already halfway through season 2 of Dead To Me, which is easy to do since they are only 30 minute episodes. Great again! We're so easily caught up on this stuff now, with all this extra time to devote to watching. Trying to figure out where to go next. I wanted to watch that Pacino Nazi Hunters show, but the wife thinks it looks cheesy. We might go back and watch Pillars Of The Earth, which we missed when it aired a number of years ago.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    There was a third season of The Sinner,
    Thank you
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I wanted to watch that Pacino Nazi Hunters show, but the wife thinks it looks cheesy.
    It was pretty good.

Well...finished Ozark last night. This was a great series...thoroughly enjoyed it! I must say, I saw it coming, but didn't expect the way in which it came Definitely set up for another season...I hope!

What to watch next...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

Finished Westworld last night. I had it DVR’d it it cut out during the after-credit scene. I had to go on YouTube to watch and then found out there was a second scene. I would have had no idea.

I have said this before, but I did not enjoy this season as much as the first two. I am sure I will stick with it through season 4, but once things have moved out of the park, I don’t think I have enjoyed it as much and continue to find it difficult to follow. I think next time I might watch some of those YouTube recap show as it goes in order to clue me in on everything that is going on.

No spoilers here, but the ending, especially the after credits scenes left some interesting questions for the future. The scene with Ed Harris ties in with the extra scene from last year as well. It will be interesting where they take the show from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Re: Westworld...I enjoyed the season, but it was definitely the weakest of the three thus far. The shortened season and the creators desire to 'dumb it down' (so to speak) I think contributed to all the issues I had with it. It also seems like it did a lot of setup for next season, so I'm going to reserve final judgement to see how these loose ends connect. That said, episode 6 was one of the finest in the series and episode 2 was also up there.
    I just finished it last night. Regarding your “dumbing down” comment, I kind of felt that way too. I thought they went way overboard with the never-ending fight scenes, car chases, and shootouts. The first two seasons had some of that, but all the ninja fighting stuff in this season got pretty old, especially towards the end.

One more quick comment regarding "Westworld". I did like the way they used Pink Floyd's music in the final scene of the main show. Really well done.

I finished Season 3 of Westworld last night as well.

I enjoyed some of this season more than the last, but I do feel it was the weakest of the 3 seasons thus far.

They do need to get back to the park.

However, as convoluted as Season 2 got at times, this extensive nerd-excessive theory from reddit almost would fit with what the writers have done/are doing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/c...s_is_a_cypher/

Extra scenes with Ed Harris? Not sure if I've seen those. May have ff-ed through them.

HODOR!

yeah, Season 2 and 3 have them at the end, and are well worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Extra scenes with Ed Harris? Not sure if I've seen those. May have ff-ed through them.
    The scenes come after the credits have rolled. In the latest season there are two extra scenes. This seems to be a "thing" lately in TV and movies, but not sure that I get the point of doing a scene after the credits. My DVR seems to almost always cut them off.

Just finished season one of Picard. Mercy, that was a satisfying ending.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The scenes come after the credits have rolled. In the latest season there are two extra scenes. This seems to be a "thing" lately in TV and movies, but not sure that I get the point of doing a scene after the credits. My DVR seems to almost always cut them off.
    Now that I've thought about it I think I saw the one after season two but not sure if saw three. I'll have to go back and see.

From tonight's episode of The Goldberg's comes this great quote.

The guy in the Rush t-shirt says - "After that prom I stopped studying, got into prog rock and never cut my hair."

Doesn't have the same impact with just written words but it's totally awesome.

HODOR!

Started watching "Dead To Me" with the wife over the weekend. I almost didn't make it through the first episode as it was a bit too much of the two main characters just yapping back and forth, but the twist at the end kept me going. I think we got 8 or 9 episodes in. Still not sure what I think of it. The show is clever for sure, and the acting is good, but the twists seem a bit contrived. We will probably see it through the end of the season. I think this one has a second season as well?