Page 324 of 330 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 8236

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Final season - Excellent!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I loved it.
    Im somewhere in between, but closer to this. I prefer non-ambiguous endings, but I was satisfied with how the actual case was solved/transpired.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Saw the finale of "True Detective - Night Country" last night. Ultimately this season was disappointing. It kept my interest, but kind of went off the rails and was not satisfying for me in the end. Both the plot and the dialogue were clunky at times. Of the 4 seasons of “True Detective” it was better than season 2, but even close to the level of seasons 1 & 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    And rightly so! When I had a cable I paid for channels I would never spend a minute watching. I would say about 90% of my channels were useless to me.
    I am much happier with on-demand options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ala cart would've been more expensive than the basic cable packages we had. Paying for a channel one watched maybe a couple or a few hours a week. For example, I would pay for BBC America just to watch new episodes of Doctor Who. And nothing else. Streaming services will amount to ala cart cable.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Watched the first episodes of the new seasons of “Resident Alien” and “Ghosts” tonight.

I hardly watch anything on network tv these days, but my wife and I both like “Ghosts.” It is just a fun comedy, with a great cast that often makes me smile. The new season is starting off good.

“Resident Alien” dropped off a bit for me after the first season. I am still not a huge fan of all the supporting cast, but when Alan Tudyk is on screen it is still comedy gold. The guy has always been the perfect casting for this character and it looks like the new season is no different. I think it will be fun for the most part.

One interesting note with “Resident Alien.” As I posted the other day, we just finished watching all 3 seasons of “Reservation Dogs”. I had not realized that “Resident Alien” has 3 cast members from that show in the cast. All 3 great actors / actresses.

We watched the finale of True Detective. I am quite satisfied. No, not every question was answered and I think some ambiguity is fine. We get resolution on the main stuff and, as someone who lives near two big reservations, the solution to the men in the lab seemed pretty goddamn just. The acting was just great too. There will be plenty of award nominations for this group (though Fiona Shaw steal every damn scene she's in).

Ratings for this thing were close to 13 million, which is amazing in this day. HBO must be really pleased.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I have continued to watch Your Honor and there are lots of holes in the plot but I just love Bryan Cranston's acting. He is compelling. Some of the initial excitement of the first two episodes has waned - there are lots of unrealistic plot twists. I'm not particularly impressed with the son. Still, for whatever reason, I'm enjoying it.
    I watched the first series some years ago and am now in the middle of the second one. Of course I had to bring the story from far in my memory, but after some flash backs it came back. New plots and old stories (who killed The Honor's wife). Four episodes to go. (B.t.w the series was aired by Belgium TV last year.)
    Last edited by interbellum; 02-23-2024 at 08:22 AM. Reason: The correct title is Your Honor (not Your Honour)

Started watching The Last Of Us again to scratch a post-apocalyptic itch Man those first two episodes are killer!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Has anyone watched either of these:

Murder At The End Of The World on Hulu

Deadloch on Amazon Prime

I don’t remember seeing them mentioned here, but have been curious about both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Deadloch on Amazon Prime

I don’t remember seeing them mentioned here, but have been curious about both of them.
    Deadloch - watch it with subtitles, the Aussie accents are tough but damn, it's funny as all hell (and a bit gruesome). I have seen good notices on the other one, I should put it on my list.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Question about Prime. Do their series have commercials too, or is it just movies?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Question about Prime. Do their series have commercials too, or is it just movies?
    It is my understanding that it happens in both movies and commercials. I opted to pay the extra three bucks a month, because I dropped a couple other subscriptions.

I know how Amazon is suffering financially so I sent those grubbers $3 for their ransom call.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 02-21-2024 at 07:09 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Deadloch - watch it with subtitles, the Aussie accents are tough but damn, it's funny as all hell (and a bit gruesome). I have seen good notices on the other one, I should put it on my list.
    We recently watched "Mr. In Between" which was also an excellent Aussie series and sometimes the accents were a bit hard to make out, so if we watch this I'll try subtitles.

Regarding Amazon and the commercials, I watched a series recently and the only ads were in the beginning before each episode started. Didn't bother me one bit. With movies is it the same or do they pop up during viewing?

I was thinking of the final episode on True Detective. What is the best all time ending for a television series (HBO). My vote goes to Six Feet Under.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I was thinking of the final episode on True Detective. What is the best all time ending for a television series (HBO). My vote goes to Six Feet Under.
    Black Adder Goes Forth
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

For me, definitely not this last season of True Detective

I agree with you about Six Feet Under. That was a great ending. One of my favorites was Justified

Deadloch on Amazon Prime

Yeah, I mentioned Deadloch some time ago. Great show. But follow Jerol's advice.

A Murder At The End Of The World I have not seen but did put on my watchlist, I think.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Newhart

Some that really stand out for me:

6 Feet Under: The perfect ending to that series. Absolutely nailed the landing.

Newhart: Waking up in bed with Susane Pleshette was perfect.

Justified: That last scene between Boyd and Raymond was simply gold.

The Americans: Perfect ending to a great series.

The Leftovers: This one probably gets mixed reviews, but I thought it was great. Did Carrie Coon’s character actually go over to the other side or was it all a story? The audience is left to decide, but I thought it was brilliant.

The Shield: A series that was somewhat ahead of it’s time and the ending wraps it all up.

Lost: Here me out on this one. Yes, the final season was disappointing, but the very last scene with Jack dying next to his dog as his friends fly over in the plane escaping the island was about as good a final scene as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned Deadloch some time ago. Great show. But follow Jerol's advice.

A Murder At The End Of The World I have not seen but did put on my watchlist, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Black Adder Goes Forth
    'Who'd notice one more madman around here?'
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The Leftovers: This one probably gets mixed reviews, but I thought it was great. Did Carrie Coon’s character actually go over to the other side or was it all a story? The audience is left to decide, but I thought it was brilliant.
    Ooh good call on this one! I loved this show and I loved the ending. Gotta watch that again sometime...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Veep.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.