Page 255 of 329 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Is anyone still with Westworld? I thought it was becoming my {b]The Walking Dead[/b], convoluted and confusing story, losing it's focus, too many people switching to too many sides.... but then Blammo! The last two episodes have tied it all back into a nice, clear package, that brings the story full circle in the most awesome of ways.
    Yep. Love Westworld and certainly wouldn't abandon it with two outstanding seaons and one weak one. This season is a pretty big thumbs up thus far.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Did anyone else notice the cameo in this week's The Orville?
    J Michael Stracynzski?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    J Michael Stracynzski?
    Hint. He's doing what he does IRL.

Kinda....didn't recognize him at the time though.

Re: Westworld - I watched the original a couple of nights ago. I *think* I saw it way back in the day or at least parts of it.
    <sig out of order>

Wow, do I miss Google Image Search. The new Google Lens can't do jack shit for an image search and that's all Chrome wants to do.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Wow, do I miss Google Image Search. The new Google Lens can't do jack shit for an image search and that's all Chrome wants to do.
    It's still there, but now it takes an extra click on "Find image source". A recent change; as recently as a week or two ago you had to scroll to the end of the useless Lens crap and click into the Image Search that 99% of us were looking for in the first place.

I just tried this and it seemed to take:

https://www.howtogeek.com/797147/tur...bled.%E2%80%9D
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Pieces of Her. I finished the second to last episode last night and am debating on whether to finish it tonight. I really don't care how this show ends, to be frank. Scores on RottenTomatoes are 50% and 34%. Wish I had looked it up first.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Is anyone still with Westworld? I thought it was becoming my {b]The Walking Dead[/b], convoluted and confusing story, losing it's focus, too many people switching to too many sides.... but then Blammo! The last two episodes have tied it all back into a nice, clear package, that brings the story full circle in the most awesome of ways.
    We've watched the first 3 seasons, but haven't looked at the new season yet. Season 3 was a bit of a mess. Might have to watch it again, or at least the last few episodes, before diving into season 4. Great to hear that it's back on track, though.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Had big problems with Westworld 3 season, it was only aired here in original language which made it even harder to get all the mess going on.
    Watched the fist two episodes of season 4 which seem to be a little better again, still not a 100% on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Pieces of Her. I finished the second to last episode last night and am debating on whether to finish it tonight. I really don't care how this show ends, to be frank. Scores on RottenTomatoes are 50% and 34%. Wish I had looked it up first.
    You watched almost the whole series and are debating watching the final episode? that'll show em! I thought it started off very well, but kind of felt the same way as it wound down. It was a decent finish...nothing amazing. Toni Colette is great though.

I gave up on Westworld a few episodes into season 2. I thought it was a mess and lost patience.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

FYI: the new season of Resident Alien starts tonight. As with previous seasons, the opener airs on both SyFy and USA networks.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    FYI: the new season of Resident Alien starts tonight. As with previous seasons, the opener airs on both SyFy and USA networks.
    Thanks for the head's up.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    We're a few episodes behind on Westworld

Watched the first episode of Sandman today, looks like a winner.
    I was a fan of the comic, so I'll want to watch Sandman. I've seen many people say it's pretty good.

I think I read somewhere The Orville will shift over to Disney, tho don't take my word for it.

Re: Alone, I think Pablo could have lived out in the wilderness forever if his girlfriend could have been with him. What a survivor. The new Alone series starts tomorrow, irrc.

The Orville will be streaming on Disney+, but no guarantee they get a 4th season.

But maybe a miniseries and movie instead?

talked about it on YouTube the other day.

Anyone watching Paper Girls?..enjoying it quite a bit. More than the Brian K Vaughan series Y: The Last Man even.

We finished up Stranger Things the other day, and started Amazon's Outer Range, starring Josh Brolin, last night.

Stranger Things was very good, IMO, though my girlfriend did not like the ending at all. To say more would reveal spoilers, but for me, it was pretty much what I expected. I know that they're working on Season 5, and to have a more definitive ending would have made a story continuation more difficult.

We only watched the first episode of Outer Range, but it definitely made me want to watch more. Anyone else watch this?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

We only watched the first episode of Outer Range, but it definitely made me want to watch more. Anyone else watch this?
    Yes, we thought it was pretty good for the most part.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    A slow mover and I was scratching my head a lot the first bunch of episodes, but there's great atmosphere that kept me hooked. I thought it was well done and wrapped up very nicely. Acting is superb.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I finished The Sandman last night. Not too shitty.

Plan to hit I am Groot! and pick back up on Paper Girls. Only watched the first episode of Paper Girls. Was a little slow, but cool enough to return to. Word on "the street" is that it picks up.

Loved season one of Russian Doll. Tried season two. Not digging it. Quit after two episodes.

OK, bye.

I finished Stranger Things and was pleased that certain plot points were set in place back in season one. The Duffer Brothers are playing a long game and I am excited to see what happens in season 5, now that a Lovecraftian Armageddon has been unleashed. There was a bit of bloat in the LONG finale but everything was certainly earned. Tons of "fuck, yeah" moments. The last hour of action was relentless and the long denouement was necessary.

Now, onto a new season of Resident Alien, Sandman, House of the Dragon, and soon, The Rings of Power. Yeah, this nerd is loving the avalanche of new shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I finished Stranger Things and was pleased that certain plot points were set in place back in season one. The Duffer Brothers are playing a long game and I am excited to see what happens in season 5, now that a Lovecraftian Armageddon has been unleashed. There was a bit of bloat in the LONG finale but everything was certainly earned. Tons of "fuck, yeah" moments. The last hour of action was relentless and the long denouement was necessary.
    Agree with all of this.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Mr. Robot. Anyone watching it? I think it's very original and interesting storyline. I'm 4 episodes into the first season. With Remi Malek and Christian Slater.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 08-11-2022 at 09:09 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I finished The Sandman last night. Not too shitty.

Plan to hit I am Groot! and pick back up on Paper Girls. Only watched the first episode of Paper Girls. Was a little slow, but cool enough to return to. Word on "the street" is that it picks up.
    just finished Season 1 of Paper Girls. It does pick up more after the 1st episode. I really liked it, and am hopeful there will be a 2nd season which I guess they are already filming for.

I hope finally this will be thee show for Brian K Vaughan to be adapted to a success. I do feel rather guilty having owned a few of the issues but not read them. I totally want to and should now.

The Groot show I may be able to talk my wife into watching, lol.

Season finale of WestWorld on Sunday, Series Finale of Better Call Saul on Monday.

Never Have I Ever Season 3 hits Netflix tomorrow

Need to now check out Season 2 of Only Murders in the Building. Which this show supposedly will be Steve Martin's last acting work ever (including Cameos).

Cobra Kai Season 5 premieres next month

Dead to Me Season 3 (the final season) is coming this Fall supposedly. Still no release date though

So Help Me Todd, the Skylar Astin, Marcia Gay Harden Dramedy looks potentially good. Unsure about any other network shows this fall.

Also:
    Beavis & Butthead on Paramount+ (+ the new B&B movie and Bryan Cranston movie may get me to try the free trial to Paramount+. I'm not interested in any of the Alex Kurtzman Star Trek tho).
    Last edited by mnprogger; 08-12-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Mr. Robot. Anyone watching it? I think it's very original and interesting storyline. I'm 4 episodes into the first season. With Remi Malek and Christian Slater.
    This was discussed at length a couple years ago, Greg. I didn't watch it, but the reviews were pretty good, as I recall.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I would like to watch it, but it isn't on any streaming service I currently have access to (if its on one at all).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.