Page 137 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Some good stuff on that list. For me "The Wire" may be the best drama of all time. The Sopranos might be #2. "Six Feet Under" got a little soap opera-ish in spots, but I enjoyed it for the most part and the final season knocked it out of the park. I also watched "True Blood". It was hit and miss for me, but enjoyed it for the most part. "Ballers" is pretty good, although I have almost the entire last season on DVR that I have not watched yet.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The Wire is always worth watching
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    baby Yoda could have died in the first episode for me.
    You monster!

Just kidding. But Baby Yoda was so adorable, and the tenderness of the Mandalorian (who is a pretty rough dude) towards him was one of my favorite aspects of the show.

Also, can we talk about how surreal it was seeing Werner Herzog and Carl Weathers on screen together -- in Star Wars? One of those things I never imagined I'd see, but I'm glad it happened.

Herzog saying "We will be very quiet," when asking to see the baby was one of my favorite parts from the whole season.

Well, if you like Werner Herzog...

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Never got to see The Wire. I tried years ago with Netflix but they didn't have it all, just a little bit. That won't do.

So what you guys think of Tiger King? I haven't a chance to see it now but when I do I'm gonna binge it then probably puke and have a long shower.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The Wire is essential viewing. Reminded me of going to middle school and high school in PG County in the 70's.

I think the Wire is probably the best thing ever done on TV.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Never got to see The Wire. I tried years ago with Netflix but they didn't have it all, just a little bit. That won't do.

So what you guys think of Tiger King? I haven't a chance to see it now but when I do I'm gonna binge it then probably puke and have a long shower.
    As I said before and others are saying now "The Wire" may be the best drama of all time. It actually took me a few episodes to get into it, and I almost gave it up, but once I got about a 3rd of the way into the first season I was hooked. Every season is outstanding, presenting the story from different point of view.

I am 3 episodes into "Tiger King". It is like a train wreck that I can't stop watching.

Yeah, yeah, I KNOW!!! God's freakin' dammit I so need to see The Wire. Homicide:Life on the Street is still one of my fave tv shows, especially with the doc Anatomy of a Homicide:Life on the Street(that no one I've ever known has seen) and I've seen a handful of Oz episodes so I know Wire is great. I simply never bought the DVD so it's my fault.

I still have a reason to bitch at Netflix. At the time I couldn't get the whole series from them. I paid the money why can I only watch part of a series?

Ok, enough of my whining. Pennyworth on EPIX.

Alfred's story, Batman's butler. Fantastic. I've only got the first four eps. from the free EPIX three days but it's enough to say watch this. It's got all you would want in this type of situation.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I watched the final episode of Six Feet Under on HBO. I forget that this epidode is the best ever ending on a HBO series. It was spectacular and tied 5 seasions together in one show. i went back to the first episode of seasion one, gonna work my way through the series again.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-09-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I watched the final episode of Six Feet Under on HBO. I forget that thiis epidode is the best ever ending on a HBO series ever. It was spectacular and tied 5 seasions together in one show. i went back to the first episode of seasion one, gonna work my way through the series again.
    I totally agree.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I watched the final episode of Six Feet Under on HBO. I forget that thiis epidode is the best ever ending on a HBO series ever. It was spectacular and tied 5 seasions together in one show. i went back to the first episode of seasion one, gonna work my way through the series again.
    Agree, one of the best finales ever in history of TV.

Don't eat the kale. It's how they spread Lyme disease.

From a crazy conspiracy theorist on Briarpatch - which is going to be fun in the last episode. Made me laugh heartily and now I'm listening to an interview with Jeff Van Gundy and he's going off about how awful kale is. Two kale references in less than a day. I don't know about you guys but kale jokes are great. The stuff really is awful.

Anyone watching The Plot Against America on HBO? It's an alternate universe thing but I'm not really getting the point of it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just started watching Sunderland Til I Die, documentary series on Sunderland football/soccer club and their season in the Championship (second level) after getting relegated from the Premier League. Given they are local rivals to my team (Newcastle) and knowing how the season went it's jolly entertaining.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    I couldn't make it through the first 15 minutes of this dreck. I don't understand why it's so popular unless people enjoy watching blatant animal exploitation and cruelty. It made me sick!

I recently finished season one of Hunters on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed most of it and am hoping for a second season.
    Last edited by UnderAGlassMoon; 04-07-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Tiger King is trashy as hell but super entertaining. if you ever wondered "what kind of person would want to keep one of these things as a pet?"...well, now you know

fwiw I thought it was pretty unfair to Carole. I am not sure what kind of person she really is or whether or not she did do the murder but they definitely tried to make her look bad

for some reason the campaign manager really made me laugh, just some early 20s Walmart employee dragged into this bizarre world and forced to witness some truly insane shit firsthand.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Pretty much the only thing I'm watching these days is Bob's Burgers. I didn't like it when it first started but I was bored one night about a month ago and watched an episode. I'm hooked. I find Bob the least interesting character. Louise is pretty funny but Gene is hilarious. I love this show.

Also finished Altered Carbon. The second season was very nearly as good as the first, which was excellent.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Pretty much the only thing I'm watching these days is Bob's Burgers. I didn't like it when it first started but I was bored one night about a month ago and watched an episode. I'm hooked. I find Bob the least interesting character. Louise is pretty funny but Gene is hilarious. I love this show.

Also finished Altered Carbon. The second season was very nearly as good as the first, which was excellent.
    Bob's Burgers is so much fun. I'm with ya, Gene is the best. I was checking out t-shirts for the show and the best one was "The Fart of the Deal".

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/18...rt-of-the-deal

Just starting episode two of The Wire. Lots of actors I've seen and a few from Homicide which doesn't surprise me. Man, if all you knew of Baltimore was these two shows you might have a really bad opinion of the city. Mostly exposition, as it should be, but there's meat here starting ep. 2 and I fully expect this to start going badly very soon.

Oh my, this is too funny. The worst task force ever put together. Keystone Kops.

Love the chess scene. Gangstas playing chess, it's too funny.

I just watched Searching for Bobby Fischer and I'm not sure if I'd ever seen that New York outdoor chess "club" anywhere before. NYC is such a foreign place to me.

What a wild concept. Chess outdoors.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 04-09-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Bob's Burgers is so much fun. I'm with ya, Gene is the best. I was checking out t-shirts for the show and the best one was "The Fart of the Deal".

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/18...rt-of-the-deal

Just starting episode two of The Wire. Lots of actors I've seen and a few from Homicide which doesn't surprise me. Man, if all you knew of Baltimore was these two shows you might have a really bad opinion of the city. Mostly exposition, as it should be, but there's meat here starting ep. 2 and I fully expect this to start going badly very soon.

Oh my, this is too funny. The worst task force ever put together. Keystone Kops.

Love the chess scene. Gangstas playing chess, it's too funny.

I just watched Searching for Bobby Fischer and I'm not sure if I'd ever seen that New York outdoor chess "club" anywhere before. NYC is such a foreign place to me.

What a wild concept. Chess outdoors.
    The coolest thing about this series is that every season looks at the same situation from completely different perspectives and it is amazing how they tie it all together. As I mentioned before, when I first started watching, it took me several episodes to really get into it, but once it hooked me that was all she wrote.

My brother was telling me about a documentary of RFK on Netflix. He said it was really good. Anyone seen it or have it on their watchlist?

That shirt's awesome.

Louise is a close second for me. I love her spunk. I didn't care much for Linda and Tina, at first, but they've really grown on me. And Teddy is funny too, sometimes. Bob is still blah. Strangely, H. Jon Benjamin also voices Archer and I think he's awesome on that show.

I love that movie. Another good one, in the same vein, is Little Man Tate directed by Jodie Foster.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I finally started on the new season of Narcos today. So far it is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    My brother was telling me about a documentary of RFK on Netflix. He said it was really good. Anyone seen it or have it on their watchlist?

That shirt's awesome.

I love that movie. Another good one, in the same vein, is Little Man Tate directed by Jodie Foster.
    Yeah, I so want that shirt.

As for Fischer, I went into it blind. I didn't know if it was a doc or fiction. Pretty cool to do that, not know anything other than it's a chess movie of some sort. I'll check ouot that Foster flick if I come across it.

Back to The Wire - WTF? I don't know if I've ever seen a beer with an egg in it. Tomato juice, a lame ass lime or lemon, but an egg?

I do want to get the books that started this all. There's also The Corner, I haven't looked into it but by the title I'd bet it's in the same vein.

If you want a really interesting take on the RFK assassination, check out episode five of Evidence of Revision. It's a doc unlike any other that consists of around twelve hours in six eps but that ep is just about that incident and it's really eye opening.

I just finished last Sunday's WestWorld. I am really liking this season - no tangled timelines that don't hold up to scrutiny and one of the biggest mysteries of the season was cleared up with horrifying implications. A slow hand clap for Dolores for playing the game better than anyone and giving William what he truly deserved.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    I couldn't make it through the first 15 minutes of this dreck. I don't understand why it's so popular unless people enjoy watching blatant animal exploitation and cruelty. It made me sick!

I recently finished season one of Hunters on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed most of it and am hoping for a second season.
    I managed about 20 mins before turning it off
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature