Page 256 of 330 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Mr. Robot. Anyone watching it? I think it's very original and interesting storyline. I'm 4 episodes into the first season. With Remi Malek and Christian Slater.
    I watched the first season and then never re-visited. Not sure why, as I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post

Need to now check out Season 2 of Only Murders in the Building. Which this show supposedly will be Steve Martin's last acting work ever (including Cameos).
    Well this is sad news.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Mr. Robot. Anyone watching it? I think it's very original and interesting storyline. I'm 4 episodes into the first season. With Remi Malek and Christian Slater.
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This was discussed at length a couple years ago, Greg. I didn't watch it, but the reviews were pretty good, as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I would like to watch it, but it isn't on any streaming service I currently have access to (if its on one at all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I watched the first season and then never re-visited. Not sure why, as I really enjoyed it.
    I suspect that if the first episodes/season grab you you'll enjoy the rest. I think it's a story that would really benefit from watching binge-fashion, rather than having to wait months between seasons. I enjoyed the entire four seasons, including the way it ended, which I know was not to everyone's liking. It's well-written, beautifully shot, with plenty of twists and turns and WTF moments, and the actors nail the huge variety of characters, especially Rami Malek, who seemed to really inhabit his role. Worth seeking out and/or sticking with as the case may be, IMO.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I say kudos to Rami for not feeling too good, or too underpaid to continue Mr Robot. After winning the Oscar for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Merlin--it's free on many streaming channels like Pluto, Tubi, etc. It plays loosely with the King Author myth, so it's fantasy. It's made for all ages so don't expect Game of Thrones, but overall pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Merlin--it's free on many streaming channels like Pluto, Tubi, etc. It plays loosely with the King Author myth, so it's fantasy. It's made for all ages so don't expect Game of Thrones, but overall pretty entertaining.
    My wife crushed on the two leads so I watched the first four seasons. Yeah, it's family friendly and there's plot holes galore (Camelot is extraordinarily easy to break in and out of). But the main actors are quite good. Something you could watch with kids or old people and not worry about a Red Wedding or steamy incest popping up.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Speaking of Game of Thrones, here's a good summary of what to expect in the new series. House of the Dragon is going to BURN. https://nerdist.com/article/game-of-...still-be-fire/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Speaking of Game of Thrones, here's a good summary of what to expect in the new series. House of the Dragon is going to BURN. https://nerdist.com/article/game-of-...still-be-fire/
    I invested so much time wih Game of Thrones (watching every episode 2 sometimes 3 times) and was so disappointed with how it finished off. It's probably silly, but because of that i can't get myself interested in this new thing...yet.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I just finished the 2 seasons of The Outlaws on Prime. Stephen Merchant wrote and stars in the show about a group of people doing community service for minor crimes in Bristol, England. The show is smartly written, combining Merchant's wit, great character development, bring social commentary, and hijinks. The cast is fantastic, including Christopher Walken as a con-nan, dead beat dad. Highly recommended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That one is on the list.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Just finished binge watching it for the 3rd (some episodes the 4th) time, learn something new with each pass. I only watched Game of Thrones because I had heard the hype and really had nothing better to do. I was in bed for over a week with the worst back pain I ever experienced. It was during the holidays a few years back. Everyone was out at parties and cable was showing seasons 1-7, a season per day. I missed a lot, but I was hooked. Watched the last season a couple of months later.

I'm ready for the House of the Dragon! This series I plan on watching it as they are broadcast. Bring the Heat!

For All Mankind Season 3 was pretty epic. Black Bird (also on Apple TV+) was also great.
    <sig out of order>

Three episodes in on the Obi-Wan series and I'm done. The title character is the dumbest Jedi in the galaxy, plot holes abound, and young Leia is just precocious and annoying enough that I want to see her slaved out to the Tuskens.

Decided to hit up Locke and Key on Netflix last night. First episode was interesting enough to continue on. I'm sure this was discussed here at some point...any fans?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I don't have Netflix, so I haven't seen the show, but I've read the comics they're based on. Art by Gabriel Rodriguez, script by Joe Hill, who is really Joe King, Stephen's son. Good stuff.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Decided to hit up Locke and Key on Netflix last night. First episode was interesting enough to continue on. I'm sure this was discussed here at some point...any fans?
    I enjoyed it quite a bit, altho I liked S1 more than S2. Haven't started S3, yet.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    We're a few episodes behind on Westworld due to be away in England for 4 weeks. We're up to episode 3. Enjoying it so far but it is confusing.

Watched the first episode of Sandman today, looks like a winner.
    Also behind on Westworld due to travel, but pretty much agree with everything you say. I will stick with it, but it sure is hard to follow at times.

I saw it a while back. Excellent, excellent series. Ranks right up there as one of the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw it a while back. Excellent, excellent series. Ranks right up there as one of the best for me.
    And technically accurate. They didn't dumb down the computer terminology like too many shows and movies do. And BTW: some scenes were shot at the Fry's Electronics store here in Phoenix. Before the pandemic drove Fry's Electronics out of business.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

No comments on the EXCELLENT series finale of Better Call Saul?

I thought it was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Moribund2 View Post

I have been travelling so have not had the chance to finish it yet. Still two episodes to go that I plan to watch tomorrow night. So far I have been able to avoid spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moribund2 View Post

I couldn't think of a much better way to end it. Great ending to a great series.
    <sig out of order>

I really would love to sea Rhea Seehorn win the Emmy for her role as Kim in BCS, but man does she ever have some fierce competition!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I really would love to sea Rhea Seehorn win the Emmy for her role as Kim in BCS, but man does she ever have some fierce competition!
    Agree, I would love to see her win it, but man that category is tough. Julia Garner, Jung Ho Yeon, J Smith-Cammeron, and Sara Snook are all great performances as well.

Well, House Of The Dragon is here in just over 48 hours. Who is watching episode one live? We have our wine and are patiently counting down the hours. Perhaps we should start a separate thread so we can talk about it without worrying about spoilers?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Rhea Seehorn could win for BCS in 2023 remember per the Summer episodes were released intentionally to make them eligible for next year's awards.