Page 196 of 330 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Even me. Well, except that one from a few years ago.
    Yeah, but he was right.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm still on the fence with Hal's posts. How long until I have to render a verdict?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Everyone loves your posts Hal!
    Aw shucks.

Thanks Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Even me. Well, except that one from a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yeah, but he was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I'm still on the fence with Hal's posts. How long until I have to render a verdict?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Late to the party as always. Started watching The Queens Gambit. 3 episodes in and so far Im agreeing with the positive hype it recieved. Totally enjoying this one.
    Invested in 8 episodes of The Blacklist with James Spader . First few were good , its loosing steam as it forges on IMO.

Season 6 of Lucifer just hit Netflix
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Just started the mini-series Guilt, which is excellent BTW, and one of the main characters owns a record shop in Scotland. Lots of cool music references, and CAN being played in the background as well as Anette Peacock. So refreshing from the same ol'.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Season 6 of Lucifer just hit Netflix
    You watch this, Lou? Would you recommend?

By the way...If you havent yet, check out Brand New Cherry Flavor
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Where is show available?

^ Not on Prime.

Where is [Brand New Cherry Flavor] available?
    Netflix.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Yeah, I watch it. Not horror, but I find it entertaining. Cherry Flavor is on deck after Lucifer.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Terribly sad.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Damn. Loved Norm's humor.
    <sig out of order>

New Ken Burns documentary on Mohamad Ali starts this Sunday night.

Damn! Just finished the sixth (and final) season of Lucifer. Brilliant job of ending the series. Sad to see it go, but they brought it to a close perfectly.

By the way...If you haven't yet, check out Brand New Cherry Flavor
    Ok Klonkers, I just binged BNCF in two nights. I could not take my eyes off of it and if I didn't have to wake up I'm sure this would've been a straight through binge. Crazy shit man. Acid trip from the start. I want to read the book now, but it's out of print and paperbacks are listed at $750+!!! I'm not sure if there are any This American Horror Story watchers here (one of my favorite horror shows), but BNCF is like TAHS on steroids, not regular people steroids, but the kind you would give an elephant of a blue whale.

Thank you Klonk. Keep em' coming.

Yesterday I watched the last episode of Your Honor (mentioned in one of the 196 pages of this thread). From episode 1 on I had the feeling the judge played the wrong game.... Good series, for those who loves to read some Scott Turrow.
    Apparently there will be a second season, which seems logical because some of the story-lines weren't complete (for example, who shot the wife of the judge and with which guy did she have a relation).
    First I thought this series was based on a novel, but now I noticed it's based on the Israerian series Kvodo.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of I Know This Much Is True this weekend. Yes, it's a tough watch (they didn't make it the viewer easy by starting of with a horrifying, but important scene), but also a brave one and very well played.
    Lots of flash-backs of course and with a fine musical score by Harold Budd, which is accompanied by a lot of period-related radio-hits.
    According to Discogs the soundtrack is Budd's latest released work (download or double-LP): https://www.discogs.com/Harold-Budd-...master/2218186

I want to read the book now, but it's out of print and paperbacks are listed at $750+!!!
    The Santa Clara University Library has it. You could request it through Link+ at the Marin County Library. Link+ is "a union catalog of contributed holdings from participating libraries in California and Nevada. Patrons from member libraries electronically request an item not available in their own library and it is delivered to them for check-out."

However, testing that possibility I got the message "Sorry, no copies available for requests." I don't know if that's because the book is checked out or if SCU doesn't loan this particular book out. If I were you, I'd call the MCL and ask about it. If you're still not able to get through Link+, ask the MCL to buy it. There's a link on their site to Suggest a Title for Purchase. But I wouldn't hold out hope if it's out of print.

What I find amazing is that, given how it's been made into a series on Netflix, you'd think the publisher would print up some copies to make available for purchase. Aside from the $750 paperback copy on Amazon you mentioned, I couldn't even find a copy at Half Price Books.

Ok Klonkers, I just binged BNCF in two nights. I could not take my eyes off of it and if I didn't have to wake up I'm sure this would've been a straight through binge. Crazy shit man. Acid trip from the start. I want to read the book now, but it's out of print and paperbacks are listed at $750+!!! I'm not sure if there are any This American Horror Story watchers here (one of my favorite horror shows), but BNCF is like TAHS on steroids, not regular people steroids, but the kind you would give an elephant of a blue whale.

Thank you Klonk. Keep em' coming.
    Hells yeah! And I'll thank Rick L for recommending it to me
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Yesterday I watched the last episode of Your Honor (mentioned in one of the 196 pages of this thread). From episode 1 on I had the feeling the judge played the wrong game.... Good series, for those who loves to read some Scott Turrow.
    Apparently there will be a second season, which seems logical because some of the story-lines weren't complete (for example, who shot the wife of the judge and with which guy did she have a relation).
    First I thought this series was based on a novel, but now I noticed it's based on the Israerian series Kvodo.
    I watched the whole series, but honestly both my wife and I did not think it was that good. I did not know that a 2nd season was coming. Not sure if I will invest time in that or not.

Watched Losers last week from a few years ago, on Netflix. Various sports are covered. Really uplifting. Highly recommended. You don’t need to like sports to appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on season two of Bosch. Really great stuff.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

According to Discogs the soundtrack is Budd's latest released work (download or double-LP): https://www.discogs.com/Harold-Budd-...master/2218186
    You can get it over at Bandcamp too.