Page 142 of 330 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Hulu has picked up the first two seasons so far, and is expected to do the same with S3, but not until December.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Hulu has picked up the first two seasons so far, and is expected to do the same with S3, but not until December.
    That's my thinking, I'm already on Hulu & very happy with it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Prime has it, but wants you to purchase or rent it.

My wife is catching up on the first two seasons of Ozark. We are then going to watch season 3 together. Maybe this weekend.

Just finished the second season of Top Of The Lake, called China Girl, after re-visiting the first season after a couple of years (the benifit of having them on DVD). I first had to get Elisabeth Moss' role in The Handmaid's Tale out of my head, but then it's a emotional roller-coaster again. Wow, that woman can drink. No kidding, this is seriously good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Yes, Killing Eve is amazing.
    A resounding Effin-A to that. Villanelle is delightful.

Doing Deadwood as I haven't seen the third season nor the movie. I hear the movie is rather lame but the third season, well, I thought I'd just watch it and not acquaint myself with the first two. Mistake.

BUT, it got me caught up on the first two which are so much fun.

A great look at anarchy and how it might work out. No laws except your fists, guns or "money" which I'm not quite understanding. If you are paying in cash in a place where there's no law, then what good is the cash?

But, who cares what I think about that. The references to the ball scores not being printed in the newspaper is great. In one bar there, IIRC, one that claims to have been where Wild Bill was killed, there's pics of the Deadwood baseball team from around that time frame.

As a baseball fan, that just struck home. Anyway....

I may be mistaken but when I was there, ten years ago, I am so sure in my mind that there were two bars that had signs saying Wild Bill was killed there. I'm Google fu challenged and found nothing. I did, however, find that prostitution wasn't legal there even after it got taken in by the good ol' USA but it was ongoing until the 1980's.

I thought only Nevada was open for prostitution, and it legally was, but it didn't get snuffed out there until much later than the show. Who knew that?

I've gone down the rabbit hole with this one. Did a little bit of looking around and oh my. I can't get into what I found as it's not relevant to what I was talking about but damn, the gold mine I found is so much "fun".
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I thought the "Deadwood" movie would have been better if I had seen it closer to the end of the show. There was so much I did not remember and characters that I couldn't remember their history, so it was sometimes kind of hard to remember who was who and what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I thought the "Deadwood" movie would have been better if I had seen it closer to the end of the show. There was so much I did not remember and characters that I couldn't remember their history, so it was sometimes kind of hard to remember who was who and what was going on.
    Yeah, I hadn't seen season 3 but it had been so long that I had to watch the first two to reacquaint myself with all the characters. I'll just have to watch it and see for myself.

Ok, done and it's not that great. Not much of a point to it.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Are there any noticeable delays on current Shows in the US due to the crises?

We have some due to dubbing actors not able to do their job. So some show have longer delays
    or are aired with original soundtrack (and undertitels).

^^ One of my favs The Black List shut down before they finish filming an episode. They finished it by animating the parts they weren't able to film. There were supposed to be one or two more episodes in the season, but they made that last episode the season finale.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Supernatural pulled the plug with 8 episodes to go - they will air next season. Anything that wasn't filmed and past the post-production stage has gone dark. Netflix, Amazon, and others have a backlog built up but the broadcast networks and public TV are going to be scraping the barrel by fall. Hollywood has yet to go back to work.

But it looks like the new season of The Alienist will air this summer. That's good news. Still waiting to hear about a new season of Archer.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ yeah. Basically anything that wasn't done before the shutdown isn't going to be completed this year, and many of the traditional hour long drama shows either ended prematurely or will just delay storylines and etc into the next season. Reality gameshows have also been effected (The Amazing Race was three episodes in, iirc, and they've delayed the next season of Survivor, for example). And I read an article that said they are starting to run low on things like Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune, which the networks tape well in advance. At this rate the networks will be releasing pilots that didn't go to series in short order.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Are there any noticeable delays on current Shows in the US due to the crises?

We have some due to dubbing actors not able to do their job. So some show have longer delays
    or are aired with original soundtrack (and undertitels).
    Walking Dead season finale was not aired due to final production not being able to be finalized.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My wife and I worked out way through 5 seasons of Six Feet Under over the last three weeks. Really stellar acting all around, unique storytelling, and emotional gripping drama. The 3rd last show of the final season was particularly powerful. The first 2 or 3 minutes of each show was so innovative and tied into the overall storyline. I've said this before but the last epidode so adeptly closed out the storyline in such an effective way. I wish the Sopranos closed as effectively.

I'm just disappointed I don't have any more episodes to watch!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

^^^ My favourite series of all time, and I agree with everything you said!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ yeah. Basically anything that wasn't done before the shutdown isn't going to be completed this year, and many of the traditional hour long drama shows either ended prematurely or will just delay storylines and etc into the next season. Reality gameshows have also been effected (The Amazing Race was three episodes in, iirc, and they've delayed the next season of Survivor, for example). And I read an article that said they are starting to run low on things like Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune, which the networks tape well in advance. At this rate the networks will be releasing pilots that didn't go to series in short order.
    CBS brought back the Sunday Night Movie, with no resolution to NCIS LA and NOLA in the same time slot.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My wife and I worked out way through 5 seasons of Six Feet Under over the last three weeks. Really stellar acting all around, unique storytelling, and emotional gripping drama. The 3rd last show of the final season was particularly powerful. The first 2 or 3 minutes of each show was so innovative and tied into the overall storyline. I've said this before but the last epidode so adeptly closed out the storyline in such an effective way. I wish the Sopranos closed as effectively.

I'm just disappointed I don't have any more episodes to watch!!
    That final season really was great. I thought the series got a bit bogged down in some of the middle seasons, but man did they finish out on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I liked season 2 of Dead To Me, but I can see where it could put people off. There's definitely a lot of tearful apologies, only to find them making the same mistakes again, drinking, crying and apologizing again. I also found Cardellini's sudden lesbianism a bit far-fetched. But overall there's a lot of great acting and I do like those two together quite a bit. The entire season is only about five hours of total viewing anyway.
    So the wife and I kept going on season one over the weekend, but the show pretty much lost me. My wife ended up liking it much more than I did and I think she is going to continue into season 2.

As we continue to catch up on series we missed at the time, we have now become hooked on The Little Drummer Girl. Excellent cast! We binged The ABC Murders as well, which was okay, but as much as I like John Malkovich, he was not a very convincing Poirot IMO.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    As we continue to catch up on series we missed at the time, we have now become hooked on The Little Drummer Girl. Excellent cast! We binged The ABC Murders as well, which was okay, but as much as I like John Malkovich, he was not a very convincing Poirot IMO.
    David Suchet has OWNED the Poirot role in recent years. Jeremy Brett is still Sherlock Holmes for me.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    David Suchet has OWNED the Poirot role in recent years. Jeremy Brett is still Sherlock Holmes for me.
    It's true, nobody can touch Suchet in that role. He's always great actually. Did you ever see The Way We Live Now? What an excellent mini-series that was. I was disappointed also in Kenneth Branagh's Poirot, another great actor but what's with these baffling decisions to make him look so wildly different?

I actually thought Branagh's approach was pretty good, if he takes it seriously he'll suffer from Suchet comparisons, by playing up the more ridiculous pieces of the character he brings something different. To be honest Murder On The Orient Express is a pretty silly story to start with.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I actually thought Branagh's approach was pretty good, if he takes it seriously he'll suffer from Suchet comparisons, by playing up the more ridiculous pieces of the character he brings something different. To be honest Murder On The Orient Express is a pretty silly story to start with.
    Yeah, definitely not my favourite story. So many great ones seem lesser known, although at least they covered them all in the Suchet series.

My wife and I just finished watching Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. AFAIK it's strictly a limited run (8 ep) direct adaptation of the novel, which is very refreshing; take eight hours to tell a story rather than try to compress it into a two-hour feature film. My wife had read the book and said the series is fairly true to it. I'm not a Reese Witherspoon fan, but she really nails the lead role of the wealthy suburban wife/mother, and Kerry Washington as her counterpart on the other side of the socio-economic spectrum is wonderful. Of particular note is the level of acting among those playing the children in the story; they are all excellent and the story really turns on their performances.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    she really nails the lead role of the wealthy suburban wife/mother,
    That had to be quite a stretch for her.