Page 145 of 329 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ That could be a function of your particular streaming service, or cable or satellite provider.
    I noticed a week or two ago that ep6 wasn't airing. I was looking at my list to be recorded and it wasn't there so I checked the guide to make sure and it wasn't there. Something happened I just don't know what.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    RE: That Drug Lords show on NatGeo. Seems odd, it might have been affected by the pandemic. There's no ep6, just goes from 5 to 7 even On Demand.
    Episode 6, "Narco Ghost", is available to stream on NatGeo's website. Just log in with your cable login info and you should be able to stream it. I'm watching it right now, in fact, altho I doubt I'll stick with it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Episode 6, "Narco Ghost", is available to stream on NatGeo's website. Just log in with your cable login info and you should be able to stream it. I'm watching it right now, in fact, altho I doubt I'll stick with it.
    Weird. The one they have as 6 is my 7. Ok, whatever.

We started the HBO series "Barry" over the weekend. Made it into season 2. I am really enjoying it. Although it is sort of a comedy, it is also quite dark. Henry Winkler, Bill Hader, Anthony Carrigan, and Stephen Root are all excellent as is the whole cast.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We started the HBO series "Barry" over the weekend. Made it into season 2. I am really enjoying it. Although it is sort of a comedy, it is also quite dark. Henry Winkler, Bill Hader, Anthony Carrigan, and Stephen Root are all excellent as is the whole cast.
    Sort of a comedy? There were four times I had to pause in the first two episodes as I was guffawing. Bill Hader as a hit man is funny enough so this one was easy to buy into. Thanks for the rec, I'm digging this one. The cast of idiots is always so much fun. The "gangsters" from Chechnya are worth the price of admission.

Another I caught was The Jinx: The Life And Deaths Of Robert Durst. Dude killed and dismembered his neighbor and got away with it after he had killed his wife and a confidant who helped him get away with murdering his wife. Killer ending that I won't spoil.

Rewatched The Wire also. I've been talking to some people from that area and they confirm what is in the show, Baltimore is a crazy place. One chick who lived in Philly for a time said it's just as bad with the row houses and such. What a messed up life it must be to grow up in the projects like that.

The second season of Hanna has caught our attention, as has Tin Star.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    The second season of Hanna has caught our attention, as has Tin Star.
    First episode of Hanna season 2 was very good. We've just started season 2 of Tin Star, it's a bit grim. Just started season one of Dark, seems like it's going to be good. For some light relief we've gone back to the beginning of Poiret & Miss Marple.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Here's a list of the best genre shows of 2020 (YMMV)

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/13-bes...ws-2020-so-far
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sort of a comedy? There were four times I had to pause in the first two episodes as I was guffawing. Bill Hader as a hit man is funny enough so this one was easy to buy into. Thanks for the rec, I'm digging this one. The cast of idiots is always so much fun. The "gangsters" from Chechnya are worth the price of admission.

Another I caught was The Jinx: The Life And Deaths Of Robert Durst. Dude killed and dismembered his neighbor and got away with it after he had killed his wife and a confidant who helped him get away with murdering his wife. Killer ending that I won't spoil.

Rewatched The Wire also. I've been talking to some people from that area and they confirm what is in the show, Baltimore is a crazy place. One chick who lived in Philly for a time said it's just as bad with the row houses and such. What a messed up life it must be to grow up in the projects like that.
    We just finished season 2 last night (which is as far as it goes so far). Yup, it is definitely funny, but also gets pretty dark. I really enjoyed it.

Steve, S2 Ep5 is possibly the funniest thirty minutes I have ever seen. The fight with the tae kwon do family is epic, most likely the best fight ever on film. Even better than They Live.

And Hank, what is there to say? The nicest gangster you could hope to meet.

Three and a half gold stars for the rec. I've only got two or three left but man, this is one of the best comedies I've ever seen. It's super great, as Hank would say.

Can't forget Sally's monologue. So awesome.

Steve, S2 Ep5 is possibly the funniest thirty minutes I have ever seen. The fight with the tae kwon do family is epic, most likely the best fight ever on film. Even better than They Live.

And Hank, what is there to say? The nicest gangster you could hope to meet.

Three and a half gold stars for the rec. I've only got two or three left but man, this is one of the best comedies I've ever seen. It's super great, as Hank would say.

Can't forget Sally's monologue. So awesome.
    Agree, that episode 5 was almost a separate little movie from the rest of the show, and was great. I really enjoyed the whole show and glad they are going to do another season.

Just finished Hanna season 2 last night. Very enjoyable and satisfying, with several subjects to focus on in the story arc. The all-around acting is understated and quite effective IMO. We're hoping for a season 3.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

A couple of shows I've been watching on HBO:

I'll Be Gone in the Dark. "Directed by Academy Award® nominee and Emmy®-winning director Liz Garbus (HBO's Who Killed Garrett Phillips), this riveting six-part documentary series, based on the book of the same name, explores writer Michelle McNamara's investigation into the dark world of a violent predator, she dubbed the Golden State Killer, who terrorized California in the 1970s and 1980s"

This is a really good show if you like books or documentaries about serial killers.

Perry Mason. "The world's most renowned fictional lawyer is back on the case in this exciting HBO series that tells the origin story of master criminal defense attorney Perry Mason. Set in 1932 Los Angeles, this edgy, noirish update puts a new spin on the iconic character with Mason (Matthew Rhys) as a low-rent private investigator who digs into a controversial and politically loaded case."

It also stars John Lithgow, Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Lili Taylor, and Stephen Root (NewsRadio, Office Space, and King of the Hill).

The show looks amazing, with a very film noir vibe to it. The other thing I really appreciate is the realistic look of the show. How many times have you seen a period piece where the cars look like they just came out of a museum? I haven't noticed that with this show.

The story is pretty good, tho not terribly intriguing, with a subplot involving Maslany and Taylor that I'm already growing impatient with.

I'll stick with it since it's only a miniseries.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

^^^ My wife and I couldn't get into that Perry Mason update. I really like Matthew Rhys, I just wasn't interested at all after the first episode.

The Borgias, on the other hand, we've been loving. We're halfway through the third and final season now. I've said it before, but Game Of Thrones fans might really dig this one. No dragons or any fantasy stuff, but loads of everything else.

In between seasons, we took a sidestep and watched Vanity Fair, which was very good if you like those British period pieces. My only complaint was the horrifically out of place music at the beginning and end of each episode. Thankfully only during the credits, but the absolutely terrible modern take on All Along The Watchtower made no sense whatsoever.

Might move on to The Tudors next.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

If you liked The Borgias, you'll love The Tudors.

Currently watching Warrior Nun. It started out slow but it is building moment. Hopefully, things will get interesting soon or I might just have to drop it from my binge list. There are a couple of toto sites that recommend "Dark" but it's a German series. If it has subtitles I can't watch it fully since I normally binge a show while I am doing something else like working or cooking. Also, I have been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender. This series never gets old. This is probably my 5th time watching the series.

Quote Originally Posted by chesterlamb View Post
    Currently watching Warrior Nun. It started out slow but it is building moment. Hopefully, things will get interesting soon or I might just have to drop it from my binge list. There are a couple of toto sites that recommend "Dark" but it's a German series. If it has subtitles I can't watch it fully since I normally binge a show while I am doing something else like working or cooking. Also, I have been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender. This series never gets old. This is probably my 5th time watching the series.
    Dark is great, and you can watch with English overdubs. If you watch it, I highly recommend not reading anything about it. The less you know, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Dark is great, and you can watch with English overdubs. If you watch it, I highly recommend not reading anything about it. The less you know, the better.
    This one is on my list to check out and I know nothing about the plot. Would you suggest watching it with overdubs or subtitles?

Quote Originally Posted by chesterlamb View Post
    Currently watching Warrior Nun.
    Just finished the series and really enjoyed it.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    This one is on my list to check out and I know nothing about the plot. Would you suggest watching it with overdubs or subtitles?
    I watched with overdubs and enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I have been on the fence about that show since it was first released. Probably because it reminded me of The Rain, which is a Danish TV show. I liked it well enough, I guess, but never watched the 2nd season. Have you seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I have been on the fence about that show since it was first released. Probably because it reminded me of The Rain, which is a Danish TV show. I liked it well enough, I guess, but never watched the 2nd season. Have you seen it?
    Never seen The Rain. All I can say is that Dark is not what it seems when you start it, and after a few episodes, it's really not what it seems. If you aren't sold after the fifth or sixth episode, you can always bail.

Finally finished the Michael Jordan documentary "The Last Dance". I thought it was outstanding.

Finished up Never Have I Ever last weekend

Today, my wife and I binged the 1st season of What We Do in the Shadows.

My wife loves Flight of the Concords and enjoyed the film from 2014. This show is at times maybe even funnier. Mark Proksch who some may remember from Better Call Saul, is probably my favorite part of this show at times, playing an energy vampire, which so many of the traits of vampires don't apply to him.

Looking forward to checking out Season 2 soon.

Does anyone use Firefox and visit RottenTomatoes? If so, are you getting an "unsupported browser" error?