Page 195 of 328 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Haven't start watching yet, but I bought the HBO-series I Know This Much Is True (2020) featuring Mark Ruffalo and directed by Derek Cianfrance. It's based in the novel by Wally Lamb, which was the reason to buy it. The book impressed me a lot when I read it 2000.
    I liked it. They seemed to stay pretty faithful to the novel. Ruffalo is really good in the dual roles.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I haven't watched Manifest, but I heard it got canceled, then it started being carried on Netflix and has proven so popular there that Netflix has ordered another season to be made.

We just finished all 6 seasons of Schitz Creek. Enjoyed it a lot. I was already a fan of Eugene Levey and Cathrine O'hara from their days with SCTV and movies, and always liked Chris Elliot from back in his days with Letterman, but the guy who really carries this show is Dan Levey who is a truly funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I haven't watched Manifest, but I heard it got canceled, then it started being carried on Netflix and has proven so popular there that Netflix has ordered another season to be made.
    NBC brings it back every spring for a short season. Well worth the watch.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Just started The Chair on Netflix, Sandra Oh as the new English department chair at a venerable university dealing with ancient tenured and young progressive professors. Ep. 1 good clever fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I don't know man...there are some ok moments, but 8 and 9 were tough to sit through a lot of the time. Since I did though (usually while doing something else ) I feel obligated to finish it out. If you do...maybe throw on some headphones and watch the cool special effects while groovin' to some jams
    I may have to rewatch or at least scan of the latter seasons to catch up, then I'll go for the headphones. (Although I usually do laundry while watching and that's a good diversion)
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Anyone watch A.P. Bio? My wife and I find it quite hilarious.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Yup. Totally nuts. Finished it a few days ago. No lack of weirdness in this one. Just wait!
    Wow man...you weren't kiddin'!! I'm not entirely sure what I just watched, but I definitely enjoyed the weirdness of it. I hope they give it another season
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I know The Walking Dead jumped the shark seasons ago, but I have too much time invested to not finish it off. How 'bout youz?
    I have watched the first two episodes of the new season. Not impressed so far. Once again they use the main character in an impossible situation escape plot twist that they have done way too many times over the years. Some of the acting is really borderline, and after spending my summer watching really well written shows like "The Americans", TWD just seems clunky. I will watch to the end since I have gotten this far, but the show is really not all that good.

The Venture Bros. Funny show.
    Last edited by Hal...; 09-09-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Christ. GuitarGeek and Monet had a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I really like Ruffalo, but this looks like a really tough watch. I'm curious to hear what you think of it.
    Watched the first two episodes of I Know This Much Is True this weekend. Yes, it's a tough watch (they didn't make it the viewer easy by starting of with a horrifying, but important scene), but also a brave one and very well played.
    Lots of flash-backs of course and with a fine musical score by Harold Budd, which is accompanied by a lot of period-related radio-hits.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Loki I know it's been available for a while and my 11yo daughter binged the moment it came out. I'm just now getting into and now on ep. 5. This is an awesome show! If you ever followed Loki in the comics, this is the best film/TV representation of the character yet. The story, the character, and the sheer Loki-ness of the show is spot on. Hiddleston and Wilson carry the show, but Sophia Di Martino as Sylvie is so refreshing and bright. Plus Eugene Cordero of Tacoma FD fame is a joy to watch. Oh, and the show get's an extra 1.5 stars from me for having a woman composer, Natalie Holt, whose most know score prior was Wallander.

Watching White Lotus on HBO. Dark Comedy.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Watching White Lotus on HBO. Dark Comedy.
    That's an interesting show. I enjoyed it, but some critics panned it, not for the quality of the show but rather the content and socioeconomic undertones. The score is fantastic, somewhat of updated Exotica.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    That's an interesting show. I enjoyed it, but some critics panned it, not for the quality of the show but rather the content and socioeconomic undertones. The score is fantastic, somewhat of updated Exotica.
    There was a large article recently in a Dutch national paper on Cristobal Tapia de Veer's soundtracks and especially the one for The White Lotus.

We started watching Only Murders in the Building (Hulu). Utterly delightful.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Completely cheesy but lots of fun.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We're in on Only Murders... as well. Kind of reminds me of Knives Out in tone. Martin and Short don't have the same kind of gravitas as a starring pair as Douglas and Arkin did in Kominsky Method, but then there aren't many who would, and I don't think the material requires it anyway. Very enjoyable!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I looked over the site's FAQ section and can't find anything where it says we have to read every post. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Or maybe I'm just dumb. I don't know.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regardless, I edited my previous post to make it quicker to read. Just trying to be helpful.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I looked over the site's FAQ section and can't find anything where it says we have to read every post. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Or maybe I'm just dumb. I don't know.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regardless, I edited my previous post to make it quicker to read. Just trying to be helpful.
    Hal... I love your posts. Don't change a thing. It was a joke. I almost didn't post it, but I thought it was funny, and I thought you would take it in the spirit it was written. I added the emoji to emphasize that. My sincere apologies if offense was taken, as that was most certainly not the intent. Was I drinking? Yes. But I thought it was obvious that it was a send up. Sorry.

Ah. Now I really do feel dumb.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Ah. Now I really do feel dumb.
    Everyone loves your posts Hal!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Everyone loves your posts Hal!
    Even me. Well, except that one from a few years ago.