Page 253 of 329 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 8222

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I don't think I had the same reaction you did regarding the final episode but I did think it was too long. I also had a similar reaction to the whole season. Partly because I didn't think the separate storyline for Hopper and Joyce was necessary.

And then they ended on a cliff hanger.

Actually, I felt the same about The Boys.
    I know we have kind of discussed this before, but for me The Boys blows Stranger Things out of the water. Not even close for me as I like The Boys much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I love Stand By Me and thought the characters were excellent. I've tried with Stranger Things but just can't get into it.
    I also love "Stand By Me" and I guess it is hard to compare a 4 season TV show with a 2 hour movie, but I think Stranger Things was going for the same vibe, but it does not work nearly as well for me. I am not sure if I will continue with season 5 or not. I said the same thing after season 3, but eventually watched season 4 after seeing all the glowing reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I suspect she will show up again in the future Gene timeline, but with this show you never know where they may take it.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476...ref_=tt_eps_sm

just scan the Screencaps for the final 4 episodes, namely episode 6.11.

It seems that there's still some content with Kim left on these final 4 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476...ref_=tt_eps_sm

just scan the Screencaps for the final 4 episodes, namely episode 6.11.

It seems that there's still some content with Kim left on these final 4 episodes.

Covers ears and loudly sings LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

I've been in Berlin for the last two weeks and can't watch Better Call Saul without paying 2.49eu per episode. Back home it's free because I subscribe to AMC+ It's driving me crazy glancing at your comments and not bein able to watch!

I spend a great deal of time in Germany these days and here is my rating of Streaming Services for expat Americans

Netflix - A+ I have yet to encounter a Netflix show that I couldn't watch. Due to their international presence your personal UI travels with you. My go-to while abroad
    Amazon Prime - B- It's available, but limited shows and channels from the US and the UI does not travel with your profile.
    HBOMax - F. Not available outside the US
    Hulu - F. See HBO Max
    AppleTV - F. Just too expensive for so few shows to even care.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Have you tried using a VPN?

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I'm not sophisticated enough. But will have to be soon if my planned relocation goes through!

Did any of you know that Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack and died (briefly) during filming of Better Call Saul last season?

Bob Odenkirk reflects on his life-changing heart attack
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    AppleTV - F. Just too expensive for so few shows to even care.
    I agree there aren't many shows on AppleTV that interest me, but $5/month and you can cancel after you binge a bunch of stuff is too expensive?
    <sig out of order>

Pieces of Her

Pretty cool show! I think Toni Colette is fantastic. It's a little slow and I had to get used to that pace after just watching the awesome Terminal List. I thought it was a well written story though. Well I thought so at least, but what do I know...I loved Stranger Things
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Did any of you know that Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack and died (briefly) during filming of Better Call Saul last season?

Bob Odenkirk reflects on his life-changing heart attack
    Yup, that has been discussed a bit previously in this thread.

Fender Play, the online instructional series sponsored by Fender, has a new segment featuring songs from season four of Stranger Things: Running Up That Hill, Master of Puppets, et al. The promo for it on Instagram is pretty fun. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgPXOAcADly/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Fender Play, the online instructional series sponsored by Fender, has a new segment featuring songs from season four of Stranger Things: Running Up That Hill, Master of Puppets, et al. The promo for it on Instagram is pretty fun.
    I like her. She seems nice.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, that has been discussed a bit previously in this thread.
    I searched the thread before I posted but nothing came up. I searched it again, just now, and there were a few results.

Anyway, that link is to Terry Gross' radio show and she interviewed Bob and co-creator Peter Gould today. He talks about it and how it's affected his life and acting. He also talks about the episode it occurred in and how he's slightly different before and after - in the actual episode.

It begins at 14:49, if anyone wants to listen to it.
    Last edited by Hal...; 07-25-2022 at 06:54 PM.

I searched the thread before I posted but nothing came up. I searched it again, just now, and there were a few results.

Anyway, that link is to Terry Gross' radio show and she interviewed Bob and co-creator Peter Gould today. He talks about it and how it's affected his life and acting. He also talks about the episode it occurred in and how he's slightly different before and after - in the actual episode.

It begins at 14:49, if anyone wants to listen to it.
    This was on the radio right when I left work yesterday.
    <sig out of order>

Two series going in two different directions...

The Terminal List started out a bit (intentionally) disorienting. By the middle of the season it comes together, you understand exactly what is going on and it continues to build to a great ending.

The Old Man starts out with a bang. Surprising to see Jeff Bridges involved in what seems to be an action oriented series. It quickly evolves into a convoluted talk-a-thon between characters, some of which you don't understand what their role is. The ending simply fizzles. Not sure I would carry on with season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Didn't that network merge with the WB, to form the CW? Oh wait.............that's UPN.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    The Old Man starts out with a bang. Surprising to see Jeff Bridges involved in what seems to be an action oriented series. It quickly evolves into a convoluted talk-a-thon between characters, some of which you don't understand what their role is. The ending simply fizzles. Not sure I would carry on with season 2.
    My take as well. First 2 eps were great. Watched the finale yesterday and couldn't have been more disappointed.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    My take as well. First 2 eps were great. Watched the finale yesterday and couldn't have been more disappointed.
    Interesting... that one was going to be next up for us, but after those comments (and a rating check on IMDB, where the first episode has an 8.6 and the last a 6.7), I think we may skip it. We have so much to watch as it is!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Is anyone else watching What We Do In The Shadows season 4? Baby Colin Robinson is killing me!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I agree there aren't many shows on AppleTV that interest me, but $5/month and you can cancel after you binge a bunch of stuff is too expensive?
    Yes. Ok I'll admit the monthly fee is not much, but even dipping a toe into the Apple Universe comes at too high a cost for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Yes. Ok I'll admit the monthly fee is not much, but even dipping a toe into the Apple Universe comes at too high a cost for me.
    Yeah, I understand a lot of people feel that way.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Exactly. I signed up just to watch Foundation, which turned out to be an enormous disappointment. I did get hooked on The Morning Show, which is really good, btw. But I didn't renew the subscription. The same for Disney+ when I signed up to watch Get Back. I also got hooked on The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett but, again, cancelled the subscription. And as soon as the NWSL season is over, I'm cancelling my Paramount subscription.

I could see how some people might be worried that they'll forget to cancel a subscription in time before the next billing date (I've known people who've paid for SiriusXM for over a year without realizing it because it came with their new car). But here's the thing about that: once you've paid for a month's subscription, it's good for a whole month. So I cancelled Apple or Disney (one of the two) within days after signing up and was still able to stream until the next billing date. By that point, I was finished with everything I wanted to see and I didn't get charged for the next month.

My biggest issue with AppleTV was the interface. It's not intuitive and I always seemed to have difficulty finding my list of shows. I mean, sure, when a new episode is available it's right there on the home page. But if I wanted to see something from a previous episode, it was a chore finding where it was located.

Apologies for going on a tangent but it reminds me of how Netflix's player sucks. If you miss a bit of dialogue or just want to see something really cool again, there's no 10 or 15 second rewind like most players have. Hell, even Xfinity's beta player has one. In a thread on Reddit, someone said "I contacted Netflix and the lady said they know about it. That it's an 'ongoing issue'. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon." That was two fucking years ago! And the problem had been going on for longer than that.

The biggest streaming service in the world and they can't even fix their fucking player. Well, I know what the real problem is: they don't care as long as they get their $$$. And I'm sure that attitude is the same at Apple.

I must, however, give Netflix props for updating it and making turning closed-captions on so freaking easy.

But as for Apple's interface, why make it so pretty when it's overly complicated? Hell, even their player takes some getting used to.

But as for Apple's interface, why make it so pretty when it's overly complicated? Hell, even their player takes some getting used to.
    The first streaming service to absolutely nail the UI will win, regardless of content.

On a show angle, anyone watch The Ipcress File on Amazon? I was lured by my love of the Michael Caine led movies from the 60's and had to jump in. I'm now over half into the show and confused as all get out. The story is convoluted and incoherent, but the visuals and style are Emmy worthy.

I understand Amazon is ready to launch an overhaul of their interface for Prime. We'll see how it works in about a month.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart