Page 98 of 329 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Has anyone else watched Paradise PD on Netflix, or am I the only politically-incorrect sick f*** here?

Man, I thought Brickleberry pushed the envelope!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Has anyone else watched Paradise PD on Netflix, or am I the only politically-incorrect sick f*** here?

Man, I thought Brickleberry pushed the envelope!
    If it's politically incorrect I'm most definitely intrigued! Is it a comedy?

Speaking of comedies, if you love comedians like me, Brian Regan (who is easily one of the greats) has a 4 episode series on Netflix now called Stand Up And Away! Very funny!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Not a US-TV series, but from Australia: Picnic at Hanging Rock.
    As a fan of the original film by Peter Weir I was curious to see what this 6 x 51 minutes lasting mini-series would look like.
    I'm halfway now and I must say it's a nice series, wonderfully shot and with a couple of different elements than in the Weir-film.
    But the movie with its sometimes Mellotron-full score is in my view still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    If it's politically incorrect I'm most definitely intrigued! Is it a comedy?

Speaking of comedies, if you love comedians like me, Brian Regan (who is easily one of the greats) has a 4 episode series on Netflix now called Stand Up And Away! Very funny!
    It's an animated show, by the makers of Brickleberry. Way over the top, but the quality of the show improves episode by episode.

I tried watching the first episode but I didn't get through it. I usually trust your judgement so if you think it's good, I'll have to put it on my list.

Politically incorrect? No.
    Sick sense of humor? Check.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I tried watching the first episode but I didn't get through it. I usually trust your judgement so if you think it's good, I'll have to put it on my list.

Politically incorrect? No.
    Sick sense of humor? Check.
    It took about 3 episodes for it to not be a series of sick sex jokes, but an actual show. There was a very funny one where the black officer shoots himself by mistake and it sets off a whole "black man shoots a cop" outrage that becomes very politically incorrect. But most of the time, it's a lot of off-colour jokes.

It took about 3 episodes for it to not be a series of sick sex jokes, but an actual show. There was a very funny one where the black officer shoots himself by mistake and it sets off a whole "black man shoots a cop" outrage that becomes very politically incorrect. But most of the time, it's a lot of off-colour jokes.
    When you put it like that, I guess I don't have a problem with PI jokes because that reminded me of Family Guy, which I like. I guess it depends.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

If you liked Brickleberry then by all means check this one out. I think it's better. But we're not at a Bojack level here. The humour is very low brow.

Been on a bit of a sci-fi kick lately and jumped into the Amazon Prime series Electric Dreams that has been talked about here. It's definitely scratching that itch so far.

My wife and I are almost finished with Bodyguard, which is excellent, while simultaneously finishing up the old 90's Pride & Prejudice that I got her on blu-ray in her Christmas stocking. We are then moving on to a show I've heard great things about called Top Of The Lake with Elisabeth Moss. Grabbed the DVD from Amazon one day when I saw the price had plummeted to 8 bucks.

As for shows 'just for me', I am still working through Narcos: Mexico, which I like, but it's a style/genre I may be getting a bit burned out on. Next up after that is Escape At Dannemora, waiting for me on the DVR. Again, heard great things.

On a completely different note, I'm having a blast going through the entire Are You Being Served? DVD collection that I got for Christmas.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    As for shows 'just for me', I am still working through Narcos: Mexico, which I like, but it's a style/genre I may be getting a bit burned out on. Next up after that is Escape At Dannemora, waiting for me on the DVR. Again, heard great things.
    Escape At Dannemora is excellent but pretty slow and grim with very few, if any, likeable characters.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Dannemora painted a bleak landscape, for sure. It will certainly bring down any good mood you may have before you begin watching an episode.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Just watched the Bruce Springsteen On Broadway thing on Netflix. I guess I would describe myself as a casual Springsteen fan as I am not a fanatic, but have liked some of his stuff over the years. I found the Netflix performance to be captivating and really good. It is basically a storytellers session where Bruce weaves tales of his life around some of his songs. I would think anyone who enjoys Springsteen at all would like this.

My wife and I are almost finished with Bodyguard, which is excellent, while simultaneously finishing up the old 90's Pride & Prejudice that I got her on blu-ray in her Christmas stocking. We are then moving on to a show I've heard great things about called Top Of The Lake with Elisabeth Moss. Grabbed the DVD from Amazon one day when I saw the price had plummeted to 8 bucks.

On a completely different note, I'm having a blast going through the entire Are You Being Served? DVD collection that I got for Christmas.
    Also about half way through Narcos. Enjoying it, but I kind of get what you mean.

I'm also watching Bodyguard. Like it after 3 episodes but damn it's hard to follow the dialogue, especially Madden thick Scottish accent.

I was curious about "You" so I watched the pilot. Better than I expected. I think the main character will be some sort of anti-hero. He shows a very human side most of the time, likeable even, but he's a nut job!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just watched the Bruce Springsteen On Broadway thing on Netflix. I guess I would describe myself as a casual Springsteen fan as I am not a fanatic, but have liked some of his stuff over the years. I found the Netflix performance to be captivating and really good. It is basically a storytellers session where Bruce weaves tales of his life around some of his songs. I would think anyone who enjoys Springsteen at all would like this.
    I would be interested in this because I was and still am for the most part a big fan of his 70's-early80's material. He's been a big turn-off for me the last couple decades though with his preachy ways. Is it anything like that? If not, I'll hit it up for sure!

Anyone check out the first two episodes of True Detective last night? I'm in! Definitely has that dark, dreadful feel like the first season. Hope it doesn't disappoint! Was never a fan of Steven Dorf though...that guy has been in a lot of clunkers.

BLACK MIRROR ~ Entire History of You

OK, Black Mirror fans...I popped my Black Mirror cherry by watchin' my first EP at a friends house who has Netflix...

People have implanted a "grain" behind their ear, which allows them to record everything they see and hear. Using a remote, a user can perform a "re-do", playing back their memories directly to their eye or to a video monitor. At a dinner party, Liam is suspicious of his wife Ffion's behaviour towards a man named Jonas. Returning home, Ffion admits that she used to be in a relationship with him. The next morning, Liam drunkenly heads to Jonas' house and forces him to delete every memory of sexual intercourse he had with Ffion. In the memories appearing on the monitor, Liam notices one from the time when he and Ffion were already in a relationship. Liam, afraid that he might not be the biological father of his child, returns home and demands that Ffion show him the re-do of that specific sexual encounter, in order to prove that they had used a condom. The re-do verifies that the two of them had unprotected sex. Sometime later, having been left alone in his house, Liam goes to the bathroom and uses a razor blade to cut out the grain from behind his ear.

"The Entire History of You" is the third and final episode of the first series of British science fiction anthology series Black Mirror.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...History_of_You

Thoughts?

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I didn't know True Detective started already. I'm in. And I also hope it echos the most excellent first season. That 2nd season was a fkn unintentionally hilarious train wreck. "It's like blue balls...in the heart."
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Watched the first episode of True Detective last night, will watch 2nd episode tonight, really good so far.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Finished Bodyguard last night, excellent series. Very tense and well acted. Watched the first episode of Victoria season 3, also excellent as always. Now I'm free up to start Top Of The Lake on DVD... looking forward to that, I love a good murder mystery.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Nobody watched The Passage last night? I came in a few minutes late, but it looks like it should be worth sticking with.

https://www.fox.com/the-passage/

Finished Bodyguard last night, excellent series. Very tense and well acted. Watched the first episode of Victoria season 3, also excellent as always. Now I'm free up to start Top Of The Lake on DVD... looking forward to that, I love a good murder mystery.
    I find myself googling historical characters & events all the way through Victoria, my memory of English history is surprisingly bad. Very good series.
    Ian

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Now I'm free up to start Top Of The Lake on DVD... looking forward to that, I love a good murder mystery.
    Do you have both seasons? I've been recommending this show for years. Fantastic! I actually think season 2 was better than season 1, and that's saying a lot
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Do you have both seasons? I've been recommending this show for years. Fantastic! I actually think season 2 was better than season 1, and that's saying a lot
    No, I'm only just beginning season 1! Naturally, if I like it I will get season 2 as well.