Page 95 of 330 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great show, love it. Sheep shaggers the lot of them.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Great show, love it. Sheep shaggers the lot of them.
    LOL. Aside from the landscape, it reminds me of rural Maine. Or, maybe, rural anywhere.
    I'm studying Welsh, so I enjoy the bits and pieces of the language....though I'd be lost in the Welsh dialogue version.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    LOL. Aside from the landscape, it reminds me of rural Maine. Or, maybe, rural anywhere.
    I'm studying Welsh, so I enjoy the bits and pieces of the language....though I'd be lost in the Welsh dialogue version.
    Most of the Welsh would be lost with a Welsh dialogue version.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Most of the Welsh would be lost with a Welsh dialogue version.
    Yes, I believe so, though there is indeed a Welsh version. Every episode is indeed done twice, once in Welsh, once in English.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Yes, I believe so, though there is indeed a Welsh version. Every episode is indeed done twice, once in Welsh, once in English.
    I'd love to see an episode in Welsh (especially having read a novel recently that takes place in Wales) but the only language choices I have are English and Polish.

Have you seen The Fall or Line of Duty or The Tunnel? All take place in the UK and all are very good!

Have either of you seen Luther? I have it on my list but haven't gotten around to watching it, yet.

A couple of other shows that have piqued my interest are Bodyguard and Safe (starring Michael C Hall). Both are British TV shows. Anyone seen them?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

The Fall, The Tunnel, Luther & Bodyguard are all excellent.
    Ian

Big vote for Safe from me, Hal.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    I second Luther - it was excellent.

Thanks guys.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Yes, Luther was an excellent series. Idris Elba is simply terrific in that one.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    There was as Australian mini-series about a small town where lightning strikes a grave yard and raises several dead people (no, not a zombie movie) one of was a recently deceased wife of the town constable. It was excellent but its name escapes me !

I'm two episodes in to Bodyguard and I love it! Fantastic, gripping stuff, well acted and directed.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    There was as Australian mini-series about a small town where lightning strikes a grave yard and raises several dead people (no, not a zombie movie) one of was a recently deceased wife of the town constable. It was excellent but its name escapes me !
    My brother just told me about a show with a very similar premise called Glitch. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm two episodes in to Bodyguard and I love it! Fantastic, gripping stuff, well acted and directed.
    Good to know! That was one of the shows I'm interested in. I need to add it to My List.

Anybody else watching the 3rd season of Narcos? It's about the birth of the Mexican cartel, but as the character has dealings with the Columbians, they have brought back the same actors to portrait Escobar, the Cali Cartel, etc... Really good series so far...

Yesterday I started on the 6-part documentary "The Innocent Man", based on the Grisham non-fiction novel about a pair of gruesome murders in Ada OK in the early 80s. Just one episode in and already riveted to it.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

We watched the first two episodes of Jack Ryan last night. Very good, so far. Although, in an effort to demonstrate how analytical Ryan's mind is, they have John Krasinski recite some advanced baseball statistics that my girlfriend's son says are complete nonsense, so that takes away from some of the credibility. (No, it's not a show about baseball, but if they can't get something that easily debunked correct, how realistic is the rest of it? I know - I sound like GuitarGeek )

Krasinski so far does pretty well with the role, but you still see Jim from The Office lurking in there, sometimes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Krasinski so far does pretty well with the role, but you still see Jim from The Office lurking in there, sometimes.
    At least you don't see Jim from Taxi.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Anybody else watching the 3rd season of Narcos? It's about the birth of the Mexican cartel, but as the character has dealings with the Columbians, they have brought back the same actors to portrait Escobar, the Cali Cartel, etc... Really good series so far...

Yesterday I started on the 6-part documentary "The Innocent Man", based on the Grisham non-fiction novel about a pair of gruesome murders in Ada OK in the early 80s. Just one episode in and already riveted to it.
    Those are both on my list to watch, but have not gotten to them yet.

I'm having difficultly pulling the trigger on what to watch next. I did watch an episode of The Kominsky Method last night but that's not a show I'd be inclined to binge. But, holy shit is that show funny. Even when I really like a comedy, it typically only amuses me and I rarely actually laugh. I laughed numerous times during that show and always at Alan Arkin's jokes (an underappreciated actor, imo). Sometimes I think I was Jewish in a former life.

Anyway... poll time!

Of these shows, which would be your first pick; don't worry if you haven't seen them all:
    Bodyguard
    Glitch
    The Innocent Man
    Jack Ryan
    Luther
    Safe
    The Tunnel (3rd season)

Luther
    Ian

The Innocent Man is only 6 episodes, each under an hour. You can probably kill that quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The Innocent Man is only 6 episodes, each under an hour. You can probably kill that quickly enough.
    I considered that.

One show I forgot to list is Killing Eve. I heard it was really good, too.

Killing Eve is imo one of the 5 best shows on tv.

It's Shakespeare set to a precision-like ballet of psychotic and bi-polar neurotic behavior.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Killing Eve? Not sure I like the sound of that...

Killing Eve is a superb show.
    Ian