Page 93 of 329 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    It's funny you bring up Hard Candy. I've recommended it more than a few times over the years; a good movie with a great break out performance by Page.
    ...and a moment that had every man yell, "Oh hell nooooooo!!"
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Disclaimer: I recommended Making a Murderer a couple years ago before reading more about it online and how the filmmakers left out key info on the case. My conclusion was that the filmmakers had a narrative to tell, truth be damned, which undermines the narrative.

I now conclude the documentary may have been made the way it was to stoke interest. Why? Because, both Steven Avery and Brendon Dassey have new counsel. Avery's is a smart, high powered attorney out of Chicago who's won 17 overturned convictions! The evidence she's uncovering is mind boggling. Dassey's new counsel is a couple of law professors out of Northwestern Univ who are the directors for the Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth.

Anyone who was interested the first season of MaM but opted out, go ahead and watch it.

To everyone, watch the second season of Making a Murderer. I started it yesterday, against my better judgement, and am on episode 9 (of 10) and I'm blown away. I'm leaving soon for Chicagoland soon so I won't be able to comment on the whole thing until Sunday or Monday so my recommendation isn't 100%. I fear the whole story won't come out until a possible third season but I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...and a moment that had every man yell, "Oh hell nooooooo!!"
    Yep! lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Disclaimer: I recommended Making a Murderer a couple years ago before reading more about it online and how the filmmakers left out key info on the case. My conclusion was that the filmmakers had a narrative to tell, truth be damned, which undermines the narrative.

I now conclude the documentary may have been made the way it was to stoke interest. Why? Because, both Steven Avery and Brendon Dassey have new counsel. Avery's is a smart, high powered attorney out of Chicago who's won 17 overturned convictions! The evidence she's uncovering is mind boggling. Dassey's new counsel is a couple of law professors out of Northwestern Univ who are the directors for the Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth.

Anyone who was interested the first season of MaM but opted out, go ahead and watch it.

To everyone, watch the second season of Making a Murderer. I started it yesterday, against my better judgement, and am on episode 9 (of 10) and I'm blown away. I'm leaving soon for Chicagoland soon so I won't be able to comment on the whole thing until Sunday or Monday so my recommendation isn't 100%. I fear the whole story won't come out until a possible third season but I hope I'm wrong.
    I haven't watched this, but have heard a little about it from the news it generated. I need to get to it, sometime. But I've also heard of a podcast called "Rebutting a Murderer" that refutes everything about the show, and goes episode by episode and offers a counterpoint. I want to do both, when I get around to it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I haven't watched this, but have heard a little about it from the news it generated. I need to get to it, sometime. But I've also heard of a podcast called "Rebutting a Murderer" that refutes everything about the show, and goes episode by episode and offers a counterpoint. I want to do both, when I get around to it.
    I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but yea after reading up on it afterwards I was pretty darn convinced that both of them were guilty. I am planning on watching the 2nd season when I get the chance.

Curious if anyone watched Eli Roth's "History Of Horror" on TMC. Although it left a lot of stuff out, I enjoyed it and found it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Curious if anyone watched Eli Roth's "History Of Horror" on TMC. Although it left a lot of stuff out, I enjoyed it and found it interesting.
    I watched it and thought it was pretty cool. I particularly enjoyed 'Ghosts' this past Sunday. You are right though...a lot was left out.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I watched it and thought it was pretty cool. I particularly enjoyed 'Ghosts' this past Sunday. You are right though...a lot was left out.
    I actually have not finished that episode yet. Have it on my DVR and only have seen about half of it.

Just finished the last season of House of Cards. Without giving anything away, I found it to be a complete mess. I know the loss of Spacey was a real monkey wrench, but the potential for interesting story development around other characters (Claire in particular) had me in anticipation. Unfortunately those hopes were dashed, and worse, a show that started out so strong wound up being trite and predictable (when it wasn't flat-out ridiculous or incomprehensible), with zero edge. IMO, of course, but very disappointing.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Just finished the last season of House of Cards. Without giving anything away, I found it to be a complete mess. I know the loss of Spacey was a real monkey wrench, but the potential for interesting story development around other characters (Claire in particular) had me in anticipation. Unfortunately those hopes were dashed, and worse, a show that started out so strong wound up being trite and predictable (when it wasn't flat-out ridiculous or incomprehensible), with zero edge. IMO, of course, but very disappointing.
    I have not watched it yet (we may start it over this holiday weekend), but the critics have been pretty brutal on the final season.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    Hands down, the best thing I've seen on TV all year. Netflix is becoming quite the juggernaut! I mean, The Coen Bros? Quite a score.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned here, but I've started watching "Schitts Creek" on Netflix. I'm about 12 episodes in (they're short), and finding it very funny. The best part for me is all of Eugene Levy's facial expressions (actually, it's the same expression over and over, but it never stops being funny). I'm a big SCTV fan, so seeing Levy and Catherine O'Hara is a lot of fun. Oh, and Chris Elliot is always a riot too. YMMV.
    I have yet to watch an episode but my girlfriend has seen them all. Eugene Levy's real life son plays his son on this. I'll get around to it eventually.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I have not watched it yet (we may start it over this holiday weekend), but the critics have been pretty brutal on the final season.
    It was interesting when Spacey spoke directly to the camera, but they are overdoing it in a big way with Claire. Yes, the plotlines are all so crossed and incomprehensible. Small things happen and keep happening and you have no idea why, then the big things are rushed through. Not enjoying it but I feel like we have to see it through. I don't think there could be another season.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Buster Skruggs is the best movie I've seen in a long time. Holy fuck I thought i was gonna piss my pants laughing at the first chapter. Sheer brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    It was interesting when Spacey spoke directly to the camera, but they are overdoing it in a big way with Claire. Yes, the plotlines are all so crossed and incomprehensible. Small things happen and keep happening and you have no idea why, then the big things are rushed through. Not enjoying it but I feel like we have to see it through. I don't think there could be another season.
    We got through the first 3 episodes this afternoon and so far your observations are spot on.

Finished up Maniac over the weekend.... meh....

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Buster Skruggs is the best movie I've seen in a long time. Holy fuck I thought i was gonna piss my pants laughing at the first chapter. Sheer brilliance
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Finished up Maniac over the weekend.... meh....
    YUP! I quit after ep.3.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I enjoyed Buster Scruggs a lot but I may have dozed and missed the ending of the final part, was there some sort of aha when they went into the hotel?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    YUP! I quit after ep.3.
    I rode it out, but I don't really know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    When Buster started kicking the table I lost it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Another vote for The Kominsky Method. Nothing really ground-breaking in the subject matter, but it makes me laugh a lot. And man is it a joy to watch Douglas and Arkin work together.

Also, just started season two of The Handmaid's Tale. Only one episode in, and yikes - I thought the first season was dark... This is one we have to watch one episode at a time; shit's just a little too real for bingeing.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

For Netflix subscribers, Bumping Mics, a three part stand-up comedy special with Jeff Ross and Dave Attell. I thought it was very funny.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Watched the first two episodes of Narcos Mexico last night... Gonna be as good as the original, maybe better. The original series was about Escobar. This one is about the birth of the Mexican Cartels...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of Narcos Mexico last night... Gonna be as good as the original, maybe better. The original series was about Escobar. This one is about the birth of the Mexican Cartels...
    Cool, it is on my list to watch soon. I enjoyed the first two seasons.

Cool, it is on my list to watch soon. I enjoyed the first two seasons.
    It's pretty good through 4 episodes...

Season 5 of Bojack is hitting its stride. I'd say that from the eulogy episode onward it's very good. I thought the early shows were a little weaker.

Also starting rewatching Downton Abbey since my girlfriend has never seen it. Such a beautiful show....