Page 87 of 330 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Yves, you are going to love it when you see it. The violence in the two shows is there to show how high the stakes are, but it's really about the mental manipulation and the stress that causes to everyone else that makes the show fascinating. Even those, that are shown now, that aren't involved in the drug trade are being corrupted.

It's horrible to watch yet I cannot turn away.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm totally loving Better Call Saul, almost on the same level as I did Breaking Bad. I have AMC, so I think I will try to watch this season now and not wait until Netflix gets them...in a year from now... It's just difficult to watch TV on a date and time prescribed by the network. It's so passé.... The important thing is to know the show titles in order to watch them in the proper chronological sequence.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    There's this clip that Golic & Wingo, ESPN's flagship morning radio show uses, that I just had to figure out after hearing so many times. Turns out I was right in that it was Chevy Chase but I had no clue where it came from. It was on SNL and I gotta admit, it's classic stupidity, of which I love.

The line is, "It was my understanding there would be no math". Can you remember the skit and if you do, you are old like me.
    https://vimeo.com/65921206

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Sorry man. I did try and not get too specific, if that's of any help.
    I don't think it was really a Saul spoiler since it was a reference to things that went down in BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I don't think it was really a Saul spoiler since it was a reference to things that went down in BB.
    Yeah, what's the current rules for revealing spoilers? How long does one have to wait before talking about it?

Just put a warning beforehand, like : [insert show name] spoiler alert!

Then anybody who does not want to read it , can skip over it....

I still don't know how I will avoid any GOT spoilers once the final season airs, as I don't have HBO and watch it on Blurays I purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Agree, I did not really see that it gave anything specific away.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Gotta get on that! Just noticed a couple eps in my DVR!

I had no idea The Sinner was back with a new season! The only returning actor is Bill Pullman reprising his roll as the detective and I was so excited to see the always excellent Carrie Coon join the cast as well. Excellent stuff!

The Wife and I just started watching season 1 of The Sinner (we're only on ep 3)...God, Jessica Biel is so f-ing stunning, even when they dress her down and dirty.
    G.A.S -aholic

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    And pretty industrious! She's the executive producer for both seasons.

RE: Season one. Hold on to your hat, it gets pretty dark and twisted!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    God, Jessica Biel is so f-ing stunning, even when they dress her down and dirty.
    I never thought she was anything special until I saw her in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. That made me take notice. And then I saw her in a bikini in some movie. Damn, that woman's got a nice body.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I love Carrie Coon and I'm really happy for her & her success. While she was getting her MFA in acting at UW-Madison, she started as an apprentice & then performed with American Players Theater in Wisconsin. Kay & I saw her as Helena in Midsummer Night's Dream & Charlotte in Night of the Iguana. Her success is indeed well-deserved.

NO SPOILERS, but her character in The Sinner 2nd season is quite a piece of work already after only 2 episodes.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I love Carrie Coon and I'm really happy for her & her success. While she was getting her MFA in acting at UW-Madison, she started as an apprentice & then performed with American Players Theater in Wisconsin. Kay & I saw her as Helena in Midsummer Night's Dream & Charlotte in Night of the Iguana. Her success is indeed well-deserved.

NO SPOILERS, but her character in The Sinner 2nd season is quite a piece of work already after only 2 episodes.
    Seriously looking forward to that. The first episode airs up here this coming Monday.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

American Horror Story returns in September. The new season is a mix up of season 1 and season 3 bringing back most of the cast of both seasons and continuing the story lines of those seasons. Looks like it could be cool.

Just came across a commercial for Mr. Mercedes, a Stephen King thing. Don't know what channel it's on(says it's a AT&T original series, what's that and where is it located at?) and it's going to be in it's next season, IIRC.

Never heard of it in book or tv form. I am behind a few years on my SK stuff so that is not surprising.

Just came across a commercial for Mr. Mercedes, a Stephen King thing. Don't know what channel it's on(says it's a AT&T original series, what's that and where is it located at?) and it's going to be in it's next season, IIRC.

Never heard of it in book or tv form. I am behind a few years on my SK stuff so that is not surprising.
    If it's an AT & T original series, it's called the Audience channel.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I thought Mr. Mercedes was on Amazon Prime?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Just started watching Sense8. (only have watched the 1st 2 episodes)

I'm happy that it goes for 2 seasons and 1 bonus episode (fan-funded? I thought I read).

Wachowskis + J Michael Stracyznski (of Babylon 5)

great cast. It has a Heroes-vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Was a big fan of Californication.
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Another Californication fan here!
    Okay, so it seemed to me that the humor I loved in the first 6 or 7 episodes kinda died off pretty quickly. It seems the show shifted its focus some. And gone were Duchovny's x-rated and/or expletive laden yet literate insults. I did start to develop an interest in the family dynamics and made it up to the 3rd or 4th episode of the 2nd season but the next time I went onto Netflix, I opted for something else. It's not quite as funny. Not that this show jumped the shark or anything but does it regain that humorous footing?

Fortunately for me, I finally got around to checking out Dexter. Oh, Lordy, is this a good show. I've been bingeing the shit out of it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Okay, so it seemed to me that the humor I loved in the first 6 or 7 episodes kinda died off pretty quickly. It seems the show shifted its focus some. And gone were Duchovny's x-rated and/or expletive laden yet literate insults. I did start to develop an interest in the family dynamics and made it up to the 3rd or 4th episode of the 2nd season but the next time I went onto Netflix, I opted for something else. It's not quite as funny. Not that this show jumped the shark or anything but does it regain that humorous footing?

Fortunately for me, I finally got around to checking out Dexter. Oh, Lordy, is this a good show. I've been bingeing the shit out of it.
    I had to give up on Californication after a while. It started out great but eventually became ridiculous and downright idiotic - particularly the episode where he knocks out a police officer with one punch and then sits down beside him - with all the time in the world - to smoke a cigarette. It was good, but then it wasn't anymore. IMO.

Dexter was fan-f***ing-TASTIC for the longest time. And then the last season hit. Oh wow, I've never seen such a good series go so bad. My recommendation is that you watch until the end of season 4, and then pretend that was the end.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

A bit of a revelation (that my girlfriend saw coming) in last night's penultimate episode of Sharp Objects.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this show, but it does tend to meander and lost focus from time to time. Last night tied some things together. Next week's episode should be a doozy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Just watched the first episode of Goening's new animated show: Disenchanted. I think ti's gonna be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    A bit of a revelation (that my girlfriend saw coming) in last night's penultimate episode of Sharp Objects.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this show, but it does tend to meander and lost focus from time to time. Last night tied some things together. Next week's episode should be a doozy.
    Agree, good episode last night for sure.

Very good episode indeed. Poor Camille, she is sooooo damaged. But now she's the avenging angel.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Not exactly a series, but last night I watched a PBS 90 minute show called "Buddy Holly-Rave On" that I dvr'd to avoid all the pledge breaks. In addition to great music and interviews with the remaining Crickets and his widow, there were a lot of other admirers of Buddy interviewed, including Brian May and even more surprisingly, Robert Wyatt, who called Holly a genius! (And the guy didn't even make it to 23)

If it's shown again, I highly recommend it.

Oooh....thanks, Geez. Love Buddy Holly.