Page 86 of 329 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm currently rewatching it, love it.
    My cousin, who read the book, said he was a little disappointed with it but since I haven't read it, I'm not concerned. lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    My cousin, who read the book, said he was a little disappointed with it but since I haven't read it, I'm not concerned. lol
    I loved the book and this doesn't suck you in as much but it's still really well done
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I loved Altered Carbon....my daughter recommended it to me. First thing I had to do was to make her watch BladeRunner...the original, and the new one too. Some obvious influence..
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Just had the chance to catch the new "Better Call Saul" episode tonight. This show is still first rate.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Gotta get on that! Just noticed a couple eps in my DVR!

I had no idea The Sinner was back with a new season! The only returning actor is Bill Pullman reprising his roll as the detective and I was so excited to see the always excellent Carrie Coon join the cast as well. Excellent stuff!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

I had no idea The Sinner was back with a new season! The only returning actor is Bill Pullman reprising his roll as the detective and I was so excited to see the always excellent Carrie Coon join the cast as well. Excellent stuff!
    I can't wait to watch this, the first season was absolutely fantastic! And I agree about Carrie Coon, who was outstanding in both Fargo and The Leftovers.

Sharp Objects continues its mysterious and unnerving path each week... I'm really loving it - as well as the Counterpart show I mentioned. Nobody else watches that?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Hmmm...The Sinner Should I?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hmmm...The Sinner Should I?
    The first season you mean? Absolutely.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Second season looks to be a doosey as well. Two eps in and loving it! Twisted stuff.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The first season you mean? Absolutely.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Second season looks to be a doosey as well. Two eps in and loving it! Twisted stuff.
    I like twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    the Counterpart show I mentioned. Nobody else watches that?
    We started it when it first came on, and then got distracted by other things. I think we watched one or two episodes. We both liked it a lot, but haven't had a chance to get back to it. Life isn't allowing as much time to watch TV as I would like. Right now Sharp Objects is about the only thing we're watching. We're falling behind on a lot of things I'd like to catch - including The Sinner.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We are one episode behind in Sharp Objects, it's sitting in the DVR. The Calhoun Day episode last week was Adora's best twist-of-the-knife-in-the-guts yet. I'm hoping that Alan is the killer just because it would destroy the wretched woman.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I hate Adora more and more very episode. Which is a testament to Patricia Clarkson's portrayal.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I read or heard about this show quite a few years ago and always wanted to check it out but since it was on Showtime, no luck. Yesterday, I'm looking at offerings on Netflix to add possibilities to My List and there it is: Californication.

OMG. Funniest. Fucking. Show. Ever.

I've got one episode left of Altered Carbon but ended up spending the night binging on Californication. I couldn't stop watching it.

Yeah, sure it's sexist but protagonist Hank Moody (David Duchovny), an oversexed, borderline alcoholic writer who's blocked, has a way with words... especially when he's insulting someone. I used to think Ari Gold in Entourage was the greatest, funny TV character I'd ever run across until I saw Hank Moody.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Was a big fan of Californication.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Another Californication fan here! Pamela Adlon, who (hilariously) plays Hank's agent/pal's wife, later created (with her friend the pre-disgraced Louis CK) the also hilarious (& imo insightful) show Better Things on FX that she also starred in.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Another Californication fan here! Pamela Adlon, who (hilariously) plays Hank's agent/pal's wife, later created (with her friend the pre-disgraced Louis CK) the also hilarious (& imo insightful) show Better Things on FX that she also starred in.
    Yeah, I watched Better Things for most of the first season. She also produced, guest-starred in, and I think co-wrote some of the episodes of Louie. That's where I first got acquainted with Ms Adlon. One of the better scenes in that show was Louie professing his love for her, which was unrequited. Very poignant.

Better Call Saul is amazing and going down a bad path. The two episodes in this season and the last one from last season have been brutal to watch. Last seasons ending was shocking then Jimmy's response to Howard's confession and now Kim went off on Howard in the second episode, just amazing writing and acting.

A really sad train wreck that I'm almost ashamed I'm watching it. Awful people doing awful things to each other and to the public, everyone dies in the end and no one is worth rooting for.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!

I just finished Season 3 ....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Better Call Saul is amazing and going down a bad path. The two episodes in this season and the last one from last season have been brutal to watch. Last seasons ending was shocking then Jimmy's response to Howard's confession and now Kim went off on Howard in the second episode, just amazing writing and acting.

A really sad train wreck that I'm almost ashamed I'm watching it. Awful people doing awful things to each other and to the public, everyone dies in the end and no one is worth rooting for.
    I have not seen last night's episode yet, but yea, we know where many of these characters end up and it is not pretty. I liked that they opened the season with a future montage again at the Cinnabon. Saul's ultimate fate remains elusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!

I just finished Season 3 ....
    Sorry man. I did try and not get too specific, if that's of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Sorry man. I did try and not get too specific, if that's of any help.
    I stopped reading the moment I saw it was about episodes beyond what I had seen.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

There's this clip that Golic & Wingo, ESPN's flagship morning radio show uses, that I just had to figure out after hearing so many times. Turns out I was right in that it was Chevy Chase but I had no clue where it came from. It was on SNL and I gotta admit, it's classic stupidity, of which I love.

The line is, "It was my understanding there would be no math". Can you remember the skit and if you do, you are old like me.