Page 82 of 329 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

Here's another evil being perpetrated by cable companies. Chattanooga had crap internet so they created their own internet utility with speeds of 1000mpbs (i.e. 1 gigabit/second; and this was two years ago!). A nearby town, who didn't have cable access and who couldn't use satellite because of the topography, tried to get Chattanooga to extend their service. A new state law prevented it. And this is going on around the country. Cable & telecom companies' lawyers are writing state laws to restrict the spread of super fast and affordable internet service: Cable and telecom firms score a huge win in their war to kill municipal broadband. Competition and the free market is just fine as long as it only benefits business.
    Yet another reason why I'd like to see them nationalize internet access. Everybody pays an ISP tax, internet access gets put into all the outlying/unserviced areas, and everyone has access to high speed internet/streaming. I'd bet it would be cheaper for all in the long run, but I'm not aware of any party or politician advocating it as a policy goal.

Anyone who is a parent and watches the season finale episode 10 of Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale that started airing today and who's eyes don't at least get wet needs to check their f*****g pulse!

I fell in love with Lizzie Moss on Mad Men, and after 2 seasons of "Handmaid", I believe now that she deserves to get Oscar caliber major motion picture roles sooner rather than later.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Watched the 2 hour debut of Yellowstone w/Kevin Costner on the Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV). I'm in. They did an incredible job of setting up all the main characters as well as the dynamics of their interactions in just 2 hours.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Westworld season finale tonight - I'm really curious as to how many questions will be answered, what timelines will merge, and what kind of bloody cliffhanger they will leave us on.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I started finding the bizarre timeline thing in WW a bit tedious. I'm not even sure which episode I watched last.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I started finding the bizarre timeline thing in WW a bit tedious. I'm not even sure which episode I watched last.
    It got even more bizarre in the season finale. Not sure if I understood what happened and I'm not sure if the writers did either. Bit of a clusterfuck for me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It got even more bizarre in the season finale. Not sure if I understood what happened and I'm not sure if the writers did either. Bit of a clusterfuck for me.
    That makes me feel better about bailing on it. I still may give it a go, once I've caught up with everything else.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Westworld season finale tonight - I'm really curious as to how many questions will be answered, what timelines will merge, and what kind of bloody cliffhanger they will leave us on.
    That makes me feel better about bailing on it. I still may give it a go, once I've caught up with everything else.
    Still reeling from last night's episode. I feel the need to watch the whole damn thing all over again, just to put together all of the little pieces.

I agree that the timeline stuff gets a little gimmicky sometimes, but it usually just adds to the intrigue of the show. it's an interesting question, if the show would be as good if it was told in a linear timeline, but I do really enjoy unpacking the various clues and storylines.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Endeavour was back on PBS last night, yippee!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Endeavour was back on PBS last night, yippee!
    Awesome! I love that show.

I hope anyone who watched the Westworld finale last night stuck around until after the credits - there was one more scene, and it was
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Indeed.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yep, definitely a huge Easter Egg on Westworld....completely mind-blowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

But my question is...which timeline was that post-credits scene in?

No freaking idea.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Thanks for the hint, I'm about 3 episodes back currently
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Here's as good of a recap of that WW finale as I've come across. It acknowledges what I thought, that we covered very little ground this season in terms of a time span (season one's various timelines span over thirty years). I still don't know how the hell did Teddy get to the Great Robot Beyond because Dolores shut the GRB down earlier.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...fhanger-recap/

Here's as good of a recap of that WW finale as I've come across. It acknowledges what I thought, that we covered very little ground this season in terms of a time span (season one's various timelines span over thirty years). I still don't know how the hell did Teddy get to the Great Robot Beyond because Dolores shut the GRB down earlier.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...fhanger-recap/
    Thanks for posting that link. I am still not sure how I feel about this season. The link clears some things up for me, but there were still parts of this year's season that seemed a bit pointless. The multiple time lines were very confusing, but I give the writers credit for being able to think that shit up. As Scott says I feel like going back and watching the whole thing again. Not sure if I have the time for that, but I will probably at least watch the final episode again.

As for the coda after the credits, I almost missed it. My wife was heading off to bed and I was just about ready to switch channels when it came on. I called to her to come back out that it was not over. We watched it, but almost missed it.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Still reeling from last night's episode. I feel the need to watch the whole damn thing all over again, just to put together all of the little pieces.

I agree that the timeline stuff gets a little gimmicky sometimes, but it usually just adds to the intrigue of the show. it's an interesting question, if the show would be as good if it was told in a linear timeline, but I do really enjoy unpacking the various clues and storylines.
    I love the timeline fuckery. For me it's pretty integral to the show. The way they did it in the second season I thought was an excellent compliment to how they used the timeline stuff in the first season.

And loved the finale, and really the whole second season. I don't really watch a lot of tv these days, but for me, season 2 of westworld was the best season of dramatic tv I've seen.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    From my understanding, many years into the future.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I saw an interview with one of the writers. From what they said the implication was that that scene was way in the future.

Jerol - check your PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw an interview with one of the writers. From what they said the implication was that that scene was way in the future.
    That makes sense, but now I need to know what the deal with Emily/Grace is.

I lost interest in this season of Westworld after a couple episodes and jumped ship.

But DAMN is Deadwood a lot of fun! Al Swerengen may be my favorite TV character ever!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    For several episodes I was thinking that Logan and Hector were the same guy in different personas just like William and The Man in Black were in different timelines. I had a really hard time following what the hell was going on.