Page 78 of 328 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Westworld is soooo good.
    I have only watched the first 3 episodes of this season, but yea even though it is hard to follow with all of the different timelines happening, it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_n_chucky View Post
    I'm going back to get an idea of what TV shows to watch, looks like I'd have to buy a book in Barnes & Nobles and read a TV guide just to know what to watch! But thanks for mentioning this, I first saw Ken Burns documentary on Mark Twain (circa 2001) on Netflix...really was blown away on his style which the pacing is not too slow but not overly edited with quick cuts like you see in cable television. I heard good things about his Jazz series too.

Let's see, so far from the banter here:

Black Mirror - sounds interesting, don't want to watch more than a season to know if I'll like sth
    Twin Peaks - was fan of Season 1&2
    Game of Thrones - got addicted to it, didn't want to watch it after S3
    WestWorld - always thought Evan Rachel Wood was great. WestWorld timeline (spoilers), Support Hos: Westworld (2016) By suzyhooker - January 5, 2017

etflix/Hulu seamlessly?
    The Ken Burns Vietnam doc is outstanding and gives a fair and balance account from all sides. Westworld is excellent, but you have to watch it from the beginning. Black Mirror is a bit inconsistent, but when it is good, it is really good.

Regarding Westworld, any one laying money that a certain old man that wore a black vest is going to pop up again at some point? I'm certain of it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Regarding Westworld, any one laying money that a certain old man that wore a black vest is going to pop up again at some point? I'm certain of it.
    I have suspected that as well.

Count me in as anticipating a re-appearance, as well.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I haven't seen this past week's episode yet, but I don't believe he's going to reappear. At least, not in a timeline that takes place after Dolores/Wyatt killed him. Unless they bring him back as a host, ala Arnold/Bernard.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

OR if he was already a host, the first time around.

Oooh.....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    OR if he was already a host, the first time around.
    That's another option that has crossed my mind. I guess the brief glimpse of his corpse with the maggots and such was convincing but there is so much mindfuckery in this series it's hard to say what is real. Which is one of the subtexts they're dealing with. Jimmy/Man in Black at times addresses this character like he is still in the game.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    That's another option that has crossed my mind. I guess the brief glimpse of his corpse with the maggots and such was convincing but there is so much mindfuckery in this series it's hard to say what is real. Which is one of the subtexts they're dealing with. Jimmy/Man in Black at times addresses this character like he is still in the game.
    Yes indeed. I dunno. But I was reminded of the scene in BR 2049 where Joi has "morphed" into being all over the place.......

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I kinda stopped watching for one reason or another (mostly got sick of waiting for new episodes and moved on to other things), but I like that show. There are probably several episodes I haven't seen yet.
    I've still got two episodes of season 3 left. Season 3 has been the funniest. Last night I watched episodes 15 & 16 and couldn't stop laughing. I think it was a combination of the humor and the, uh...

This show is off the hook.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Damn I love Billions!

Dialogue on tonight's new episode:

Prospective source of $20 billion: "So when do you need the money?"

Bobby: "By 2112, in honor of Rush's 2nd best album (sarcastically), I need it NOW!"

Taylor (the great Asia Kate Dillon): "I think it's Hemispheres, then Farewell To Kings, then 2112 and 4th would be Moving Pictures".

Bobby: "You would"

Also tonight John Malcovich joined the cast as a Russian oligarch.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Anyone else watching Cobra Kai (The Karate Kid 34 years later) on Youtube Red? This wasn't even CLOSE to being on my radar until Stern was talking about it last week. Takes place in the present, but just dripping in 80s goodness. What a fkn blast!!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Pass, hated the first one.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

So what exact channels am I meant to have now? Netflix, Hulu, Youtube Red, Amazon Video, plus my cable and a kodi box?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

First two episodes of Patrick Melrose starring Benedict Cumberbatch have me instantly hooked!

Really enjoyed the second season of The Unforgotten as well, looking forward to part 3. Been meaning to check out Safe, the new one with Michael C. Hall, and I suppose I should start in on the huge backlog of The Terror.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm also into "Melrose". Jennifer Jason Leigh as young Patrick's mommy brings her usual over-the-top character to her role as well.

I watched the first Safe episode, and it's good enough to continue watching. Since we have all sorts of UK actors playing Americans with flawless "Yank"accents, it's nice to see Hall the Yank do a Brit well.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm also into "Melrose". Jennifer Jason Leigh as young Patrick's mommy brings her usual over-the-top character to her role as well.

I watched the first Safe episode, and it's good enough to continue watching. Since we have all sorts of UK actors playing Americans with flawless "Yank"accents, it's nice to see Hall the Yank do a Brit well.
    Consider judgement reserved.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Leigh is a very good actress, I do stumble a bit over her modern plastic surgery (disaster) appearance in "1967" though. But I can overlook it. Cumberbatch is excellent as always, Hugo Weaving is menacing as the father and I always like Pip Torrens, who is in SO many things I watch. What a prolific actor.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So what exact channels am I meant to have now? Netflix, Hulu, Youtube Red, Amazon Video, plus my cable and a kodi box?
    Isn't it ridiculous? Content overload. I can't keep up with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    First two episodes of Patrick Melrose starring Benedict Cumberbatch have me instantly hooked!

Really enjoyed the second season of The Unforgotten as well, looking forward to part 3. Been meaning to check out Safe, the new one with Michael C. Hall, and I suppose I should start in on the huge backlog of The Terror.
    Speaking of The Terror. They keep promoting tonight's episode as the season finale, not the series finale. I was under the impression that this show was a one off season. Anyone know if they are going to continue it next year? I have really enjoyed it, but not sure where they could go from where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Speaking of The Terror. They keep promoting tonight's episode as the season finale, not the series finale. I was under the impression that this show was a one off season. Anyone know if they are going to continue it next year? I have really enjoyed it, but not sure where they could go from where they are now.
    If it gets renewed I'm gonna be pissed. Not because I don't think it should be on the air but because Rubicon had better ratings and it got cancelled after one season. And I loved Rubicon.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Just finished the 10th and final episode of "The Terror". Incredibly well acted artic horror history story. The novel "The Terror" by Dan Simmons is also superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Just finished the 10th and final episode of "The Terror". Incredibly well acted artic horror history story. The novel "The Terror" by Dan Simmons is also superb.
    Yeah I really liked this one too. I thought last nights finale was well done.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

So was that it for The Terror or is there another season. Is that how the book ends?