Page 76 of 329 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Westworld is back?

I thought they were going to make series to in a year.

DtB

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Westworld is back?

I thought they were going to make series to in a year.

DtB
    That's Game Of Thrones, Westworld series 2 started Sunday.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    For any fans of the 70's Japanese show Monkey there's an Australian reboot The New Legends Of Monkey on Netflix. Its suitably campy and bonkers. I love it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Almost done with Lost In Space. I never saw the original so I have no reference point there, but this one seems pretty well done and fun. Working my way through season 12 of the Trailer Park Boys. I am inclined to say seasons 11 and 12 are two of the best.

(Not a TV series, but we just watched the oh-so-aptly named Star Trek Beyond....it's like Star Trek was melded with Star Wars.)
    <sig out of order>

Westworld was interesting last night. I enjoyed getting more info about how the park began. Still not much happening, but it feels like they're giving a lot of background for what's to come.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Almost done with Lost In Space. I never saw the original so I have no reference point there, but this one seems pretty well done and fun. Working my way through season 12 of the Trailer Park Boys. I am inclined to say seasons 11 and 12 are two of the best.

(Not a TV series, but we just watched the oh-so-aptly named Star Trek Beyond....it's like Star Trek was melded with Star Wars.)
    I am three episodes into the new “Lost In Space” and am quite enjoying it. Parker Posey is great as Dr. Smith and I have been sucked in enough to watch the rest of it.

Also part way in to the new Trailer Park Season as well. Good stuff as always, but they are really going to miss John Dunsworth. My guess is that he was sick during the filming as he just does not appear to be very well to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am three episodes into the new “Lost In Space” and am quite enjoying it. Parker Posey is great as Dr. Smith and I have been sucked in enough to watch the rest of it.

Also part way in to the new Trailer Park Season as well. Good stuff as always, but they are really going to miss John Dunsworth. My guess is that he was sick during the filming as he just does not appear to be very well to my eyes.
    Yes, he will definitely be missed. He did a fantastic job. I can't say I've noticed him looking any worse than usual, but have been wondering about that as I watch.
    <sig out of order>

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

I thoroughly enjoyed Lost in Space.

I agree that the late, great John Dunsworth was not at all on his game for S12. RIP to the greatest drunk in the history of entertainment.

For me, the best seasons are 1-9. I think they lost a bit of mojo with the launch of Swearnet. Those “Out of the Park” seasons are fkn dreadful.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Loving Westworld’s intricacies. Ep 2 was amazing.

Seven Seconds- Superb series with a VERY disappointing ending...

Santa Clarita Diet- I think I'm all Drew Barrymored out... I was finding each episode a little less funny than the previous one. The supposed plot twist at the end of the last episode was somewhat predictable.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Santa Clarita Diet- I think I'm all Drew Barrymored out... I was finding each episode a little less funny than the previous one. The supposed plot twist at the end of the last episode was somewhat predictable.
    I watched both seasons. Meh, I thought it was just ok. The best part was the next door neighbor and the talking head. Other than that, no real laughs here. To each his own. I get that humor is mighty subjective.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Now that their "big reveal" happened at the end of last season, I'd prefer that they were a little more clear about which timeline they're showing. Hopefully it becomes clearer as the season goes on.
    I guess this is speculation, but it's better than anything I could come up with. http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#2015

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I watched both seasons. Meh, I thought it was just ok. The best part was the next door neighbor and the talking head. Other than that, no real laughs here. To each his own. I get that humor is mighty subjective.
    I'm on season 2 and still get a kick out of it, but definitely not diving to the couch with excitement to watch the next episode. It's one of those, "hmm what's on...nothing...ah what the hell, I'll watch another Santa Clarita"
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I have both Westworld episodes waiting on DVR. Gotta get my thinking jets all juiced up before I start this one...that may take a while...

Yeah, it's all over the place, but I thought ep2 was fairly easy to distinguish timelines. Couple of good cameos thrown in too.

Totally looking forward to "WestWorld", meanwhile I've watched every episode of "The Terror". Superb acting and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I have both Westworld episodes waiting on DVR. Gotta get my thinking jets all juiced up before I start this one...that may take a while...
    Dolores is waiting for you and it's not a good idea to keep her waiting. She's been particularly vengeful these days.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Just found this delineation of the various Westworld timelines. Do not read unless you're current on the episodes because it is nothing but spoilers. But I was confused as to what years stuff was happening in and it cleared up some of that for me.

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/#2032
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Monday nights I think AMC--James Cameron talks to SF film makers, etc. Pretty good.

I still have been enjoying The Terror.

I watched the first episode of The Colony, but it's a pretty tired concept, and really not that great.

Divorce continues to crack me up with the Yes references. Robert cranking Würm (while making a playlist for his daughter’s 13th birthday party ) then instinctively and apologetically turning it down when his new girlfriend walks into the room, only to have her say, “turn that shit up!” She then tells him that Jon Anderson gave her a kiss at MSG, much to his delight (“I kiss the lips that kissed Jon Anderson?! Lemme taste the magic.”) Later, at his daughter’s 13th birthday party, you hear The Gates of Delirium playing in the background. Funny shit.
    Last edited by Paulie; 05-05-2018 at 12:54 PM.

How many people here besides me watched (or subsequently saw) the cold opening of SNL last night?

IMO the best cold opening in the 43 years the show's been on the air.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Just YT'd it out of curiosity. The best in 43 years?? It was ok...a couple chuckles out of me that's all. I liked Martin Short, but he always makes me laugh instantaneously. I haven't found SNL very funny, probably since Norm MacDonald.

I'm not saying that it was the funniest, just the best (in terms of its current relevance as well as the impressive cast of characters involved).

I went through a 10 year period where I didn't watch SNL at all because it sucked, but Tina Fey's writing, and then Kate McKinnon (who's brilliant imo) brought me back.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I went through a 10 year period where I didn't watch SNL at all because it sucked, but Tina Fey's writing, and then Kate McKinnon (who's brilliant imo) brought me
    back.
    Fey & Poehler were the ones that brought me back but it was Wiig that kept me tuning in. I love KcKinnon but the show's just not the same w/out Fey as head writer. Still, I love Kate's alien abduction character.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I should have mentioned the brilliant Wiig as well.