Page 75 of 330 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

SPOILER!!!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET BUT ARE PLANNING TO WATCH "SANTA CLARITA DIET" STOP READING!!!

So you didn't like Drew as the Jesus freak cop's proxy messiah, PP? I really liked it because I hadn't come close to thinking that way.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I didnt have the same reaction is all. To each his own.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Watching the reboot of Lost in Space. It’s beautifully shot and certainly darker than the original, and for that, it reminds me of the Battlestar Gallactica reboot. Dr. Smith, played by Parker Posie is just as weasley and manipulative as the previous version. There’s some good diologue as it gets moving as well. I almost shut it down after the first few eps, but I’m glad I hung in there. Fairly decent binge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Watching the reboot of Lost in Space. It’s beautifully shot and certainly darker than the original, and for that, it reminds me of the Battlestar Gallactica reboot. Dr. Smith, played by Parker Posie is just as weasley and manipulative as the previous version. There’s some good diologue as it gets moving as well. I almost shut it down after the first few eps, but I’m glad I hung in there. Fairly decent binge.
    I was somewhat excited for this, but I read a review that said it was too serious and "dark," and that they removed all of the fun from it. Posey plays Dr. Smith too seriously, etc.

But I still want to see it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

As long as they don't fuck with the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I was somewhat excited for this, but I read a review that said it was too serious and "dark," and that they removed all of the fun from it. Posey plays Dr. Smith too seriously, etc.
    That's funny. Removing the fun - or camp - from it is exactly why I want to see it. I enjoyed the original as a kid for less than a year. The incredibly annoying Dr. Smith became too much, even negating the desire to watch Marta Kristen and Angela Cartwright.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    That's funny. Removing the fun - or camp - from it is exactly why I want to see it. I enjoyed the original as a kid for less than a year. The incredibly annoying Dr. Smith became too much, even negating the desire to watch Marta Kristen and Angela Cartwright.
    That's why I still want to see it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    As long as they don't fuck with the robot.
    Oh, did they ever fuck with the robot.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good show to watch on 420 Day?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Binge watch 2 seasons of Disjointed w/Kathy Bates on Netflix (if you get Netflix).

EDIT: You watched Santa Clarita.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Dazed & Confused (1993)
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
    Over The Edge (1979)

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Binge watch 2 seasons of Disjointed w/Kathy Bates on Netflix (if you get Netflix).
    I know you're a big fan of that show, but I can't say the same.

EDIT: You watched Santa Clarita.
    IKR? God, I still kick myself for not blazing up before that last episode. I think I regret that more than passing on seeing King Crimson in '84.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Dazed & Confused (1993)
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
    Over The Edge (1979)
    I need something I haven't seen before and I've seen all those. Besides, I was specifically looking for a TV show (broadcast or streaming), not a movie (I also posted in the movie thread). And I'd like something current (i.e. in the last 5-10 years) but with a twisted sense of humor like Santa Clarita Diet or Big Mouth.

Edit: Or something trippy.
    Last edited by Hal...; 04-20-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Maybe try out Legion, if you haven't already. It definitely gets trippy in quite a few places -- and season 2 is supposed to be starting soon, I think!
    Last edited by aith01; 04-20-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Holy Mountain or El Topo.

Edit: These are movies, not series.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 04-21-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Holy Mountain or El Topo.
    Damn! I had forgotten all about El Topo. Need to watch that again.

My favs...

Homeland
    Blue Bloods
    Chicago PD

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Maybe try out Legion, if you haven't already. It definitely gets trippy in quite a few places -- and season 2 is supposed to be starting soon, I think!
    Great suggestion, that series go way trippy.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Thanks for the tip on Alias Grace. The wife and I are two episodes in and it's very well done.

Also started Unforgotten, based on Nicola Walker's involvement (I really liked her in Last Tango In Halifax).
    Finished Alias Grace and really liked it. That girl is a great actress - as well as possessing other charms prized by the superficial male.

Also really enjoying Unforgotten. Very good pace and holds the viewer's interest. PBS has been airing them as double episodes so they're moving through it quickly.

Started Lost In Space, thought the first episode was quite good, will continue on. Barry still excellent and highly recommended... The Terror is starting to build up on the Tivo, where I fear it will end up sitting with all the other stuff I never bothered getting around to (like the two full seasons of The Path that are now on there, and about 36 movies.)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Well the first episode of season 2 of Westworld was a bit confusing.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They're fucking with the time lines again. I did like Dolores saying to the guy begging for his life "Doesn't look like anything to me".

And there's no way Ford is really dead.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I liked the The Good The Bad & The Ugly reference with the guests standing on crosses with nooses around their necks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I feel like I need to go back and re-watch the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    They're fucking with the time lines again. I did like Dolores saying to the guy begging for his life "Doesn't look like anything to me".
    The whole Arnold/Bernard thing gets really confusing. Regarding your spoiler, he absolutely is.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Regarding your spoiler, he absolutely is.
    Probably, but their monkeying around with the timeline keeps open the possibility of seeing him in new scenes, though. I have to admit I was pretty much lost watching this episode.

I had to keep remembering they were 3 weeks apart.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Probably, but their monkeying around with the timeline keeps open the possibility of seeing him in new scenes, though.
    Agreed. I think the actor will return.

Now that their "big reveal" happened at the end of last season, I'd prefer that they were a little more clear about which timeline they're showing. Hopefully it becomes clearer as the season goes on.