Page 72 of 328 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Agreed, recently rewatched every episode.
    Once I finish the book I want to go back and re-watch the series. I have gone back and watched some individual clips on youtube in order to refresh my memory of some of the characters and plot twists when they talk about them in the book. It was pretty amazing that 5 seasons ended up being made as, the show on the brink of cancellation every year. According to the book, they finished season 3 thinking that it was the end, and tried to wrap up all of the story lines as a series finale. It was not until after the season was over that HBO decided to give them 2 more years. All of the actors had to be brought back under contract, and they were really lucky to be able to get everyone back. Domonic West's part was cut way back in season 4 as he was reluctant to return, although he did resume full time status in season 5. David Simon also talks about having wanted to do another season based on immigration, but that ended up not happening. I think The Wire may be the best drama of all time. Like many people I was not even aware of it when it was on HBO, and ended up watching it after the fact on DVD. As amazing as the show was, it hardly won any awards which in retrospect seems insane.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just started watching a new political thriller based in London, Collateral, only a 4 parter, after 1 part seems very good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Santa Clarita Diet Season 2 starts next Friday!!!!
    Already? Oh thank God. I thought I was going to have to wait a...

Shit. Has it been a year already?????

WhereTF did that year go?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Geezer Alert!!!!

I'm really lookin forward to this. That first season was a blast! That neighbor kid with the crush on their daughter has me in tears every time he's on screen
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Geezer Alert!!!!

Consider me alerted! Thanks!

Jer - I DVRd it & watched it this am. The ponytail did nothing for me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

^^^^ I've watched the first 2 episodes of Santa Clarita Diet (debuted yesterday) and without giving away any spoilers I will just say that I'm still loving it, and it's already turned up the factor from season 1. Now to see where it goes.....
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    ^^^^ I've watched the first 2 episodes of Santa Clarita Diet (debuted yesterday) and without giving away any spoilers I will just say that I'm still loving it, and it's already turned up the factor from season 1. Now to see where it goes.....
    Just wait. I'm on ep 6 and there's a new development; I can't wait to see what happens next.

"No lobsters or Nazis were harmed during the making of this show."
    Last edited by Hal...; 03-25-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Holy shit! The second season of Santa Clarita Diet was easily as good as the first but the best part of all: the ending of the final episode was the funniest moment of both seasons so far. Fucking hilarious!

I do not want to wait another year for the next season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Holy shit! The second season of Santa Clarita Diet was easily as good as the first but the best part of all: the ending of the final episode was the funniest moment of both seasons so far. Fucking hilarious!l

I do not want to wait another year for the next season!!!
    I'm now through episode 4 and I think this might be in my top 5 tv shows right now. It's inconceivable to me that there won't be a season 3 as long as Barrymore & Olyphant & the actor who plays their daughter sign on.

The Terror on AMC is adapted from the Dan Simmons book. They aired the first episode Sunday after TWD, and Monday will air it and the second installment. I enjoyed what I saw. Nice atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    The Terror on AMC is adapted from the Dan Simmons book. They aired the first episode Sunday after TWD, and Monday will air it and the second installment. I enjoyed what I saw. Nice atmosphere.
    I have that DVRd. It looked pretty cool.

Have you read the book? I did, but it has been almost 10 years ago now. I'm very curious to see how they adapt it for TV... Looks promising!

I'm now through episode 4 and I think this might be in my top 5 tv shows right now. It's inconceivable to me that there won't be a season 3 as long as Barrymore & Olyphant & the actor who plays their daughter sign on.
    I'm sure there will be another season, save some disaster. Shit. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

I've not read the book but have heard of Dan Simmons. So far it's been pretty good. I have one of his books, Hyperion, but haven't read it yet.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Not US (why is this limited to US?), but we just watched the first two episodes of "Maigret," a mystery/suspense series staring Rowan Atkinson in his first dramatic role. Based on the mystery novels of Georges Simenon. Wonderful 1940s (or so) Paris atmosphere, and Atkinson is very good. A little confusing how many episodes - there are two seasons, but only three episodes, maybe a fourth is coming up? The first two are on Britbox, and a third episode seems to be on Google Play. Anyway, great stuff.

RE: The Terror, I need to read the book ASAP. He's a great writer, so I want to read it before watching.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 03-26-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Klaus Schulze on the soundtrack, it sounds like.
    Edit: No, it was TD's Birth of Liquid Plejades.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 03-26-2018 at 11:27 PM.

I dug it too. DVR'd the official premier tonight, but have not watched it yet. I am unfamiliar with the book.

Checked out two new series last night, first was Barry - a very dark comedy with Bill Hader and Henry Winkler. Hader plays a hit man who starts to take a shine to acting in the local theater company. Very interesting premise and a strong first episode so far.

Also watched Trust. - a series based on the John Paul Getty III kidnapping, with Donald Sutherland as the oil tycoon. Interesting so far, will stick with it.

The Terror is up next!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Currently watching Seven Seconds due to recommendations here... Liking it so far.... Also watching Damnation... I think I like it. It seems disjointed through 2 episodes but I am sure it will all fit together in time.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Checked out two new series last night, first was Barry - a very dark comedy with Bill Hader and Henry Winkler. Hader plays a hit man who starts to take a shine to acting in the local theater company. Very interesting premise and a strong first episode so far.

Also watched Trust. - a series based on the John Paul Getty III kidnapping, with Donald Sutherland as the oil tycoon. Interesting so far, will stick with it.

The Terror is up next!
    Been curious about Barry after seeing Hader interviewed on a late night talk show last week. May have to check it out.

Hal - you were right about Santa Clarita's season finale. The last thing I would have expected and killer!

Hal - you were right about Santa Clarita's season finale. The last thing I would have expected and killer!
    Do you remember when Drew Barrymore got excited about "Gary" finally recording the voicemail correctly and her bracelets jangled together? I just knew that was significant so when Anne showed up, I wasn't surprised. I did not anticipate that ending, however. And a major mistake on my part: not smoking a spliff first.

BTW, thanks for turning me on to this show, Geeze. I have so thoroughly enjoyed it. Incidentally, I turned Lino onto it too, altho, I had to talk him into it: he turned it off during the vomiting scene in the first episode (he claims they were eating dinner). He finally came around, tho, and yesterday said he's 3 episodes in to season 2 and thinks it's great.

I've also turned my brother, niece, and cousin onto it as well.

Do you remember when Drew Barrymore got excited about "Gary" finally recording the voicemail correctly and her bracelets jangled together? I just knew that was significant so when Anne showed up, I wasn't surprised. I did not anticipate that ending, however. And a major mistake on my part: not smoking a spliff first.

BTW, thanks for turning me on to this show, Geeze. I have so thoroughly enjoyed it. Incidentally, I turned Lino onto it too, altho, I had to talk him into it: he turned it off during the vomiting scene in the first episode (he claims they were eating dinner). He finally came around, tho, and yesterday said he's 3 episodes in to season 2 and thinks it's great.

We've been watching it lately as well. Pretty funny. Love Drew Barrymore.
    <sig out of order>

It's true! Now that Den and I are temporary empty nesters... just placed our plates of pasta on the coffee table where we now eat all of our dinners...turn on the show and 3 forkfulls in...fuckin puke everywhere!! Shut that fuckin thing off! We're quite enjoying it now. I think we're on ep 7 now.

Not enough credit goes to the nerdy neighbor kid. He's hysterical. I just started season 2 last night.