Page 6 of 328 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Just finished watching the 1st season of BLOODLINE. Being a regular visitor to the Florida Keys, this was my initial interest. The wife & I really got into this after an early state of confusion. Highly recommended!
    Yeah, great show that really cooked as the season progressed. So many great shows now - Broadchurch, Wolf Hall, Luther, True Detective, Orange is the new Black, Homeland and on and on... IMO this IS the golden age of television.

I'm going thru entire series like there's no tomorrow.

Just watched & enjoyed the first three seasons of Veep.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The Following just got canceled.

I'm up to date on some series but way behind on others...

Currently juggling:

Game Of Thrones - Season 4

Mad Men- will watch last episodes Sunday night

Walking Dead- Only 5 episodes in, but loving it!

I'm awaiting the final season of Boardwalk Empire, though season 4 was a bit of a dud, coming behind the excellent first 3 seasons..

I just signed up for Netflix last weekend so I should be able to explore all sorts of shows in the upcoming months...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'm up to date on some series but way behind on others...

Currently juggling:

Game Of Thrones - Season 4

Mad Men- will watch last episodes Sunday night

Walking Dead- Only 5 episodes in, but loving it!

I'm awaiting the final season of Boardwalk Empire, though season 4 was a bit of a dud, coming behind the excellent first 3 seasons..

I just signed up for Netflix last weekend so I should be able to explore all sorts of shows in the upcoming months...
    It will be interesting to see how they wrap up "Mad Men" Sunday. I have had mixed feelings about the show over the seasons, but for the most part I have thought it has been good. Kind of surprised the finale is only an hour show as there are a lot of characters to cover, but we'll see.

I thought the Final Season of Boardwalk Empire was very good. They took some artistic license with the historical accuracy of Nucky's story (not giving anything away), but I guess they have been doing that since the beginning, so it did not bother me that much.

Mad Men is not ending on as strong a note as I'd hoped. I have to figure that Don Draper finds some sort of solace in the closing scenes of the final episode. As for some of the other characters I don't really see any closure to their storylines. I think we did see Joan bow out of the show by accepting that offer; it looks like Peter is also finding closure, but what of Peggy or Roger?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Judge Judy

She rules!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    The Good Wife
    Person Of Interest
    Grimm
    To these I would add

Battle Creek (already cancelled, but my wife and I found it amusing)
    Constantine (already cancelled, but my wife and I found it amusing)
    iZombie
    Sleepy Hollow
    Supernatural (always liked this, just never seem to catch every episode)

We only have "free" broadcast TV, in case you're wondering why your favorite pay TV show isn't included. We didn't see it.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Mad Men has been fine for me. I'm not sure how one could tie up some many characters and plots. I guess their life will gone on basically. I'm not sure what Don's doing with the road trip--dropping out. Betty's life is changed. Joan met a rich guy, etc.

Could be good. I'm not a huge fan of the superhero shows on TV, but was watching Agent Carter, and Constantine for a bit.

I was really enjoying Forever and just heard it got cancelled. I'll be hoping for a grass roots campaign to keep it on the air.

Anyone catch the premier of the mini-series "Wayward Pines" Thursday night? I thought it was good.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington
    I was really enjoying Forever and just heard it got cancelled. I'll be hoping for a grass roots campaign to keep it on the air.
    I thought Forever was pretty good. Unfortunately, they put it up against Person Of Interest, so I rarely saw it. Were the two shows at different times, I would watch both.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Anyone catch the premier of the mini-series "Wayward Pines" Thursday night? I thought it was good.
    I dug it . They kind of put the cards right on the table in the first episode...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I dug it . They kind of put the cards right on the table in the first episode...
    The opening scene was pretty much an exact copy of the opening scene of "Lost".

I picked up Mad Men early in the second season, and watched til the end of the following season, before leaving it. In the end, I didn't find any of the characters likeable, other than the lovely Christina Hendricks, and her character was being minimized at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I picked up Mad Men early in the second season, and watched til the end of the following season, before leaving it. In the end, I didn't find any of the characters likeable, other than the lovely Christina Hendricks, and her character was being minimized at the time.
    So are you saying you did not see any of the first season? A lot of stuff happened in that first season that has relevance all the way through to today, especially Don's backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The Following just got canceled.
    that show was becoming beyond stupid.. i'm bummed about Stalker and Forever.
    a couple weeks ago i finished binge watching The Good Wife (got the first 5 seasons for free on Amazon Prime). liked it through S5 but seemed to lose it's way during S6 though the cliffhanger was interesting. i figure it's got one more season before it's cancelled.
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 05-17-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    So are you saying you did not see any of the first season? A lot of stuff happened in that first season that has relevance all the way through to today, especially Don's backstory.
    Yeah, pretty sure I missed the first season. Iirc, the buzz didn't start building around the show until season 2, which is when I gave it a chance. Never rented DVDs or Netflixed it after the fact.

Would anyone who's seen the complete series to date recommend Orphan Black?
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

I haven't seen any of the new season of Orphan Black but loved the first two. Best watched with subtitles because of Tat's various accents.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I haven't seen any of the new season of Orphan Black but loved the first two. Best watched with subtitles because of Tat's various accents.
    I've started the binge-watch but see your point and have the CC turned on given the mix of British, Canadian, American, and who-knows-what-else accents there...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure I missed the first season. Iirc, the buzz didn't start building around the show until season 2, which is when I gave it a chance. Never rented DVDs or Netflixed it after the fact.
    Mad Men is one of those shows that I can't imagine getting into unless you saw it from the beginning. Coming in mid-series you missed a lot.

Mad Men, one of the better series, ended well last night I thought. I was sorry to see it end, but at least it had a satisfying ending.