Page 69 of 330 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 8243

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Has anyone watched The Man In The High Castle? I don't recall any discussion. I'm watching S1 Ep 1 and it's a bit over the top. It got good reviews, but I'm not sure it's worth sticking with. Any opinions?
    It's loosely enough based on the source material that I think there was enough license to go in different, better directions with it. As an alternate history, it kind of works. As something more supernatural, IMO it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Not sure if I have seen this mentioned or not, but there is a very good documentary on the band Chicago currently showing on Netflix. I am not really that much of a fan of the band, but have really enjoyed it.
    Gotta see if we got that one on Canadian netflix...very interested to watch that. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Gotta see if we got that one on Canadian netflix...very interested to watch that. thanks

It's on there Lino. I watched until they became the Peter Cetera Ballad Machine then switched it off.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Amazon Prime has a great documentary on Mick Ronson called Beside Bowie. I loved it. I had no idea of his wide-ranging gig as a producer. Most of those jobs were driven by a need to get a paycheck. He never got any money from the Ziggy years, despite being a primary architect of the music.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    not the top program i like, but watching See No Evil on ID is the creepiest show. You see people doing things, knowing that they are going to be murdered. In one I just saw, you see this guy walking and these three guys turn and start following him and setting up an ambush.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

https://youtu.be/Xxbxo_NfvM0
    Great show on STARZ spy drama syfi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Needless to say I'm a big fan of Netflix's Disjointed w/Kathy Bates.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Amazon Prime has a great documentary on Mick Ronson called Beside Bowie. I loved it. I had no idea of his wide-ranging gig as a producer. Most of those jobs were driven by a need to get a paycheck. He never got any money from the Ziggy years, despite being a primary architect of the music.
    It was aired on TV a few months ago (don't remember if it was Dutch or Belgium). Very good and what you wrote: great view on his producing-job and his involvement in Ziggy.

Haven't seen it mentioned, yet, so I will: saw a commercial during the Olympics for the second season of Jessica Jones on Netflix, coming in March.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned, yet, so I will: saw a commercial during the Olympics for the second season of Jessica Jones on Netflix, coming in March.
    Got to finish the first season first
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    This Krysten Ritter-induced salivating old man will have that watched in less than a day!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I for one cannot wait for the oh so ridiculously over the top, next season of Ash vs The Evil Dead tonight.

Also I'm hesitant, but am going to stick with The Walking Dead
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    You're taking one for the team doing that!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    You're taking one for the team doing that!
    you know, I just want to see what happens regardless of how weak it's become. This past one was tough to sit through I have to be honest and I'm not a tough critic AT ALL.

Also finished up Altered Carbon which I thought was fun. Nothing special as for me it started better than it finished. Pretty cool though.

I for one cannot wait for the oh so ridiculously over the top, next season of Ash vs The Evil Dead tonight.

I will be watching it too. My wife still loves it.

Not sure if I have seen this mentioned or not, but there is a very good documentary on the band Chicago currently showing on Netflix. I am not really that much of a fan of the band, but have really enjoyed it.
    Interestingly, at the same time (currently in rotation), AXS TV has a 90 minute doc written and directed by Terry Kath's daughter Michelle about the beginnings (no pun intended) of the band from her dad's (through her mom's) perspective.

Both Guercio and Cetera, who declined to be interviewed for the Netflix doc, didn't refuse Michelle.

I also found out for the first time in her doc that her mother subsequently married her step-father (one Kiefer Sutherland) years after Terry's death (which everyone interviewed in BOTH docs says was an immature, stupid accident & not suicide). Kiefer is in it toasting Terry's memory at a family gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Both Guercio and Cetera, who declined to be interviewed for the Netflix doc, didn't refuse Michelle.
    Interesting. Do you know what it's called, Geez?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Damn, I erased it and tried to find it on again by scrolling through the AXS channel schedule for 2 weeks into the future & didn't see it on again, Scott.

Here's a link:

www.terrykath.com/terrykathdocumentary-1/

Thank you, sir. From that link, it's called "Terry Kath Experience : A Daughter's Journey"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I honestly thought that episode was never going to end last night. I knew that they would drag out the death for all the melodrama they could squeeze out of it, but man......it just got painful after a while. The whole episode was one cliche after another.

I honestly thought that episode was never going to end last night. I knew that they would drag out the death for all the melodrama they could squeeze out of it, but man......it just got painful after a while. The whole episode was one cliche after another.
    Yeah man...I'm startin' to roll my eyes a little too much now. Still gonna tough it out

...the Netflix doc....
    I watched the Chicago documentary last night. I really knew almost nothing about the band. Seemed like a strange documentary to me. It all started out talking about how they had multiple songwriters, they were democratic, and like brothers. It ends up with 4 original guys left who are like (essentially) "yeah, brotherhood, man". But it seems like some nasty business went down over the years. It probably had to happen one way or another for them to continue and be profitable.

David Foster seems to have a bit of ego, lol.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed weird that Danny S. (after all those years) suddenly wasn't good enough to play to a click and at that same point in the doc they made a point of saying he was too overbearing or something during the shows with drum solos, etc. Then cut to the new guy doing....a drum solo.
    <sig out of order>

Needless to say I'm a big fan of Netflix's Disjointed w/Kathy Bates.
    Gave up after the first season. I got the impression it was the same joke over, and over...and I hated the Dank & Dabby characters...annoying!

2 episodes into Altered Carbon. It's definitely eye candy but the story is a little convoluted so far...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I finally managed to get all caught up with The Walking Dead, so even though it kind of sucks, I'm going to watch the 2nd half of the 8th season. Missed the first episode of that though, so have to watchit.

Where the hell is season two of Westworld?

EDIT: Oh, I see they advertised during the superbowl - April 22. Cool.