Page 68 of 330 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That whole storyline I didn't like. Felt it didn't really belong or just wasn't given a lot of directing love . Regardless, I loved season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I thought her storyline ended up being just so much filler. I guess it could be argued that she helped Eleven grow up fast.
    We thought that it was background for a storyline that will be expanded upon next season. If not, then I would agree that it was underdeveloped.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

A show I mentioned here once, but did not get any feedback on, is "Turn: Washington's Spies". I have 3 more episodes to wrap up the series, and aside from a slower second season, this has been a very enjoyable show. Overall, I'd rank it higher than other AMC shows ,like Hell On Wheels. (Mad Men being their benchmark series, imo.)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

A show I mentioned here once, but did not get any feedback on, is "Turn: Washington's Spies". I have 3 more episodes to wrap up the series, and aside from a slower second season, this has been a very enjoyable show. Overall, I'd rank it higher than other AMC shows ,like Hell On Wheels. (Mad Men being their benchmark series, imo.)
    A friend of a friend was watching this, and was telling us all about it during a party. It sounds very good, but there are others that are above it on my list.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    A friend of a friend was watching this, and was telling us all about it during a party. It sounds very good, but there are others that are above it on my list.
    It's a good period piece. It has a few likeable characters and at least one great villain. It only runs 4 seasons, consisting of 10 x 42 min episodes each. Very bingeable.

Been watching reruns of Barney Miller and Soap lately. Soap is amusing but Barney Miller often makes me laugh out loud. That said, this scene from Soap cracks me up every time; Katherine Helmond's delivery is so perfect:

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Line of Duty...binged right thru to end of Season 3. Just wildly entertaining. Each season actually got better and better. Check it out on Netflix and thank me later.

Just started the second season of Fargo, which I realised is the telling of a tale alluded to throughout season one. Just watched 1 episode so far (blame the Olympics) but I can already tell it's gonna be as wild a ride as season one was!

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Line of Duty...binged right thru to end of Season 3. Just wildly entertaining. Each season actually got better and better. Check it out on Netflix and thank me later.
    Been there, done that...it's a British series eh? loved it. Since we are not strictly US series, I'm watching BABYLON BERLIN excellent German show with sub-titles, which doesn't bother me one bit, as my hearing is not quite what it used to be.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    A good British cop show on Netflix I've not seen? how is this even possible?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Maybe its the title Ian, Line of Duty sounds so American. It's been going since 2012 and I watched it in 2017.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Just started the second season of Fargo, which I realised is the telling of a tale alluded to throughout season one. Just watched 1 episode so far (blame the Olympics) but I can already tell it's gonna be as wild a ride as season one was!
    Season two is excellent! you're gonna love it.

I liked season 2 of Fargo better than season 1, but I think it's because of Kirsten Dunst's imo brilliant portrayal of a simple upper midwest woman in fantasyland way out of her element.

Anyone know when they'll be releasing season 3 (with the great former local WI actor Carrie Coon) to Netflix?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

We just started season 4 last night, and it looks to be just as good as the preceding!
    Give it a whirl Ian, great stuff! Our kids recommended it to us, after they caught some episodes while visiting their cousin in London, England last year.
    I laughed when he added in his text... "you might wanna turn on the subtitles for mom, some of the speaking can be pretty tough to understand" lol Well we made it through without subtitles...but NOT without stopping and rewinding at least once an episode after we both said simultaneously "what the fuck did he/she say?"

I laughed when he added in his text... "you might wanna turn on the subtitles for mom, some of the speaking can be pretty tough to understand" lol Well we made it through without subtitles...but NOT without stopping and rewinding at least once an episode after we both said simultaneously "what the fuck did he/she say?"
    IKR? WhyTF can't the English speak proper English? Reminds me when Sara (English), Lynne (Scottish), and Sylvie (Quebecois) were having a conversation and the only person I could understand was Sylvie. lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Ok - not available on US Netflix, I can get it on demand on xfinity but its $3 an episode. Might buy the dvd's.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I liked season 2 of Fargo better than season 1, but I think it's because of Kirsten Dunst's imo brilliant portrayal of a simple upper midwest woman in fantasyland way out of her element
    I loved all three seasons of Fargo. Some fantastic performances throughout!

Has anyone seen Jack Taylor? I have a few of them recorded on the Tivo but haven't made the time to watch them yet. I really like Iain Glen though.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Season two is excellent! you're gonna love it.
    Agree, it is at least as good, if not better, than season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    IKR? WhyTF can't the English speak proper English? Reminds me when Sara (English), Lynne (Scottish), and Sylvie (Quebecois) were having a conversation and the only person I could understand was Sylvie. lol
    LOL !

Hilarious because English isn't even Sylvie's first language...and iirc, she struggled with it at times LOL

Ok - not available on US Netflix, I can get it on demand on xfinity but its $3 an episode. Might buy the dvd's.
    First time ever I see something available on Canadian Netflix, but not American. lol Usually i find the opposite.

I think you get more British shows on Canadian Netflix than we do in the USA.

Just started watching The Frankenstein Chronicles last night, wife likes it as she's a Sean Bean fan, seemed pretty good, will give it a few more episodes. Getting to the end of season 1 of Happy Valley, pretty dark police procedural based in Yorkshire. Very good.
    Ian

I think you get more British shows on Canadian Netflix than we do in the USA.

Just started watching The Frankenstein Chronicles last night, wife likes it as she's a Sean Bean fan, seemed pretty good, will give it a few more episodes. Getting to the end of season 1 of Happy Valley, pretty dark police procedural based in Yorkshire. Very good.
    The first episode of The Frankenstein Chronicles was pretty decent. Hopefully the rest holds up as well.
    <sig out of order>

I just added that one to my list, for down the road... be curious of people's opinions without any spoilers. Cast looks pretty solid.

Not sure if I have seen this mentioned or not, but there is a very good documentary on the band Chicago currently showing on Netflix. I am not really that much of a fan of the band, but have really enjoyed it.

Watched a very interesting Clapton documentary last night, my god that man abused his body. Some of the live performances when he was a drunk were horrific.
    Ian

Really disappointed with Stranger Things which is becoming a laughable monster show. Got one episode left and I don't think I will be returning for season 3.

It turned out that Stranger Things really was just another example of a good idea for a show and a big case of "now what?" when it got renewed. I don't have as low of an opinion of it as "laughable monster show," but it basically was just a repeat of the first season (which I definitely liked but did not love - the kids got annoying at times and Winona Rider was annoying pretty much all of the time).

Its time has passed.

Want to second a thumbs up for The Good Place and I haven't seen much - if any - mentions of Silicon Valley in here. I think it's one of the funniest shows ever made.